The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
  Reply to this topic

Swedish police explode over 'incendiary' artwork

Fake bomb that used carrots as dynamite sticks

The Local
post 14.Jun.2009, 07:01 AM
Post #1

A Swedish artist's outdoor art exhibition prompted a bomb scare on Saturday, police warned that criminal charges may be filed.

Conny Blom, 35, installed his work "The Bunny Project; Bombs" in various locations across Örebro in central Sweden at the request of the city's local gallery as part of Open Art, an open air art festival.

Blom wrapped up 15 bunches of carrots in black tape, attached a number of blue and red wires and placed a clock on top of them as if they were real bombs.

But his work had only been on display for around an hour when a member of the public raised the alarm.

135 words remaining. Click to read the full article.
Go to the top of the page
+
ameribrit
post 14.Jun.2009, 09:38 AM
Post #2

"After all, it is just carrots with an alarm clock and nothing else...this is just a caricature of a bomb,"
Try taking this caricature into Arlanda and see how "artistic" it is. I live in Örebro and am an artist. This is another example of CRAP posing as art.
From 10 meters away these things look like dynamite with a timer attached.
+
iddqd
post 14.Jun.2009, 12:58 PM
Post #3

whoa so we obviously all know how dynamite with a timer looks like. we also know how guns look like. i think next time when i'm in town and i see arabian kids play with their plastic guns (which look like real guns from 10 meters away) i call the police to inform them there is a terrorist training facility in sweden?!? another good example how media makes us think in stereotypes. behave in stereotypes and reflect in stereotypes. calm down!
+
Hauhr
post 14.Jun.2009, 02:16 PM
Post #4

When I went to school we had art class. We did painting and drawing and all kinds of things. I just cannot grasp how this can be called by the same name as pretending to be mentally sick, vandalising tube trains, and causing bomb scares. What is wrong with these people? Cant they stick to painting pictures? Or is there simply something wrong with me since I obviously don't comprehend these "artists"?
+
reason
post 14.Jun.2009, 09:03 PM
Post #5

Observe: http://www.connyblom.com/rotorbunny2.html
That does not look like a bomb. It does however look very much like a bunch of carrots and a clock.
+
Coalbanks
post 14.Jun.2009, 09:50 PM
Post #6

artistes want to be taken seriously? no? seriously, isn't this exactly what happened here? they created performance art and the police reation is just part of the performance, right? xcellent! Passing grade to all.
+
LeKisse
post 14.Jun.2009, 10:49 PM
Post #7

This is not art - it is FART and what passes as art is simply some childish high school prank.
Who is to know that is not a bomb...maybe the plant is inside the carrots to anyone who doesn't know it's an exhibition.
- as for kids with toy guns, a stupid analogy. Your confusing racial profiling with someone desensitizing individuals to potentially dangerous objects.
+
*Guest*
post 15.Jun.2009, 07:47 AM
Post #8

its too silly to react, so no reaction
+
JonnyDee
post 15.Jun.2009, 12:47 PM
Post #9

How a bunch of carrots wrapped up to look like a bomb is considered art I guess is irrelevant, but regardless, this "artist" should have gotten permission so he wouldn't scare people. Since he didn't and caused a panic, he should be fined. It's the same thing as if someone (for art) yelled "FIRE!" in a crowded place.
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 15.Jun.2009, 05:38 PM
Post #10

I don't care if this is art or not but WTF is wrong with people today? This is a bunch of carrots. If you can't see the difference between this and a bomb you are completely fucking retarded!
+
VikingHumpingWitch
post 15.Jun.2009, 05:46 PM
Post #11

Yep. I know little of the culinary arts and even less about vegetables, but even my untrained eye can tell that this is a bunch of carrots and is not going to explode.

It is entirely rubbish though.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: