The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

School admission on 6 month visa

Is personal number requied?

Chek1981
post 30.Jun.2014, 05:07 PM
Post #1

Hi All,

I am planning to travel to Malmo next month along with my 6 yr old kid. My visa is for 6 months, but the work assignment is long term and I will be applying for an extension as soon as I land. I need some information on school admission process. My concern is whether there will be any problems in getting admission for my son since the extension approval can take some time. Till that time I could only get co-ordination number, not a personal identity number. Any information on this would be really helpful.

Thanks,
CheK
Go to the top of the page
+
LLHope
post 30.Jun.2014, 11:36 PM
Post #2

QUOTE (Chek1981 @ 30.Jun.2014, 05:07 PM) *
Till that time I could only get co-ordination number, not a personal identity number. Any information on this would be really helpful.

It is the child that needs a personal number, since you apply for school in the Kommun where the child is registered in the population register. This you need to do at Skatteverket, taking all the relevant papers with you.

You will not get an extension to the work permit immediately when you arrive, you need to provide a job offer that extends beyond the initial 6 months, unless the permit was restricted to 6 months because your passport was due to expire! And then you can only apply for an extension 1 month prior to the current permit expiring, unless it is a different occupation and/or employer.
+
Chek1981
post 1.Jul.2014, 04:57 PM
Post #3

Thanks a lot for reply. I guess the coordination number should not be a problem since I will be paying tax and will be registered in tax system. Has anybody come across this situation before?
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: