The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Sweden rape: Most convicted attackers foreign-born

BBC News

Savage
post 23.Aug.2018, 06:39 AM
Post #1

Well who would have thought that this could have been the case.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45269764
Go to the top of the page
+
Solith
post 23.Aug.2018, 08:39 AM
Post #2

Did you look at the excel? Over 50% of those foreigners were born in a Nordic country.

I feel this is an issue where politicians and press are trying to angle it that it's men from outside the EU attacking white Swedish women (see SVTs coverage where they focused entirely on refugees and asylum seekers) but... where are their concerns about people (because let's not forget that men are rape victims too) when the perpetrator doesn't fit their racist agenda?

Add in to this that those figures are numbers of convicted rapists, and there's plenty of research to support the fact that white, native rapists are more likely to have their cases quashed before they see a courtroom and that they're more likely to be acquitted if they even see trial. Why? God alone knows, I'm sure we can speculate. But the point is this data tells us nothing about the actual rapes being committed nor who the perpetrators are and what culture they come from.
+
Billy_UK
post 23.Aug.2018, 09:23 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (Solith @ 23.Aug.2018, 07:39 AM) *
Did you look at the excel? Over 50% of those foreigners were born in a Nordic country. I feel this is an issue where politicians and press are trying to angle it that it's ... (show full quote)

You’re making stuff up. 58% of the 843 convicted were born outside of Sweden. 52% of the 843 convicted were born outside of Europe. So to say 50% of the foreigners were born in a Nordic country is quite clearly bollocks.
+
hoodrat
post 23.Aug.2018, 10:07 AM
Post #4

Interesting timing with the release of these stats!
+
intrepidfox
post 23.Aug.2018, 12:16 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (hoodrat @ 23.Aug.2018, 10:07 AM) *
Interesting timing with the release of these stats!

Not really. This was bought up last year in the parliament and even before that they did a survey in 2005 with basically the same results
+
hoodrat
post 23.Aug.2018, 12:22 PM
Post #6

17 days before the election, I think it is interesting timing.
+
Savage
post 23.Aug.2018, 01:02 PM
Post #7

1. SVT Are hardly known for their pro SD agenda.

2. The left will always find a reason as to why there is somehow a conspiracy in play. Especially when it may effect their own interests.

3. Surely as a voter, its better to be informed prior to an election. Since the information is important and valid.
+
hoodrat
post 23.Aug.2018, 01:47 PM
Post #8

Don't disagree with any of those points.

I'm glad the data is public now, just waiting to see if Thelocal.se will write something through their rose-tinted glasses or simply chose to selectively do nothing with the story.
+
Billy_UK
post 23.Aug.2018, 02:14 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (hoodrat @ 23.Aug.2018, 12:47 PM) *
Don't disagree with any of those points. I'm glad the data is public now, just waiting to see if Thelocal.se will write something through their rose-tinted glasses or ... (show full quote)

Yeah. So far there’s no mention of the biggest story in Sweden from the past couple of days. Funny that isn’t it? rolleyes.gif
+
Billy_UK
post 25.Aug.2018, 09:52 AM
Post #10

The Local, Sweden’s news in English, managed to get through the week without doing a story on what was one of the most reported/high profile Swedish new stories. Popcorn being dumped into the Baltic is obviously the hot talking point of the week in Sweden.
+
Svedallas
post 25.Aug.2018, 10:46 AM
Post #11

QUOTE (Billy_UK @ 23.Aug.2018, 03:14 PM) *
Yeah. So far there’s no mention of the biggest story in Sweden from the past couple of days. Funny that isn’t it? rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (Billy_UK @ 25.Aug.2018, 10:52 AM) *
The Local, Sweden’s news in English, managed to get through the week without doing a story on what was one of the most reported/high profile Swedish new stories. Popcorn bei ... (show full quote)

+1 the TL is not news. the most talked about program, but yet, members quiz which of these is an abba song, makes headlines. TL is a complete joke.
+
john.boy
post 25.Aug.2018, 10:33 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (Svedallas @ 25.Aug.2018, 11:46 AM) *
members quiz which of these is an abba song, makes headlines.

Subtly topical:

Under attack
Bang-a-boomerang
Watch out
Gimme Gimme Gimme
Head over heels
Honey honey
Lay all your love on me
Me and Bobby and Bobby's brother
On and on and on
She's my kind of girl
Two for the price of one
When I kissed the teacher
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: