The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Help with Sweden Taxes (Stockholm)

Cant understand sweden taxes

aliciasoh
post 14.Nov.2019, 01:24 AM
Post #1

Hi,

I cant seem to understand a few things about sweden/ stockholm taxes.
Here are my questions/doubts:

1. What is TV Tax? Must i still pay for tv tax if I have a smart TV (that only connects to the internet)?

2. I will be relocating to Stockholm sweden soon and I would like to know if I can claim or get a tax deduction on the amount for travelling from Arlanda airport to the apartment in Stockholm during my relocation with the sweden tax agency? Also, if i hire movers to ship my belongings from my country to Sweden/Stockholm, am I allowed to claim or at least get a tax deduction on the amount spent for this relocation/ travelling/ moving?

3. Am i allowed to claim or get a tax deduction on the travel cost spent on visiting my home country during the year?

4. How much is a yearly pass for traveling in Stockholm to and fro work? Am I allowed to claim or get a tax deduction from travelling cost to and fro work? What if train services or transport services are down? Am I allowed to take a taxi to and fro work and claim the amount?

Go to the top of the page
+
skogsbo
post 14.Nov.2019, 07:54 AM
Post #2

You can claim tax relief on travel to work costs over 10000kr/yr(value might differ slightly now ) . But not anything to do with personal travel, relocating, visiting your homeland etc
+
Mpf
post 14.Nov.2019, 12:31 PM
Post #3

TV Tax (licence) best read: https://www.thelocal.se/20181115/sweden-scr...out-the-new-tax
+
Temp
post 14.Nov.2019, 10:31 PM
Post #4

* 9310kr for a yearly ticket; more expensive if you buy shorter periods

* no, you probably can't claim any tax relief (the tax relief limit is always set just above the cost of travelling in Sthlm for a year)

* there are problems nearly every day. Here's SL policy on using taxi/rebate on tickets https://sl.se/en/help--contact/

(Good Luck getting them to agree to any refund unless there's a major shutdown of everything (bus, trains, metro, boats) - notice their caveat "Try to plan your journey well in advance and be out in good time, particularly if the journey includes interchanges or if you have an appointment to keep." If you've not planned for a delay, they don't pay smile.gif
+
Anders
post 15.Nov.2019, 12:01 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (Temp @ 14.Nov.2019, 10:31 PM) *
#4(Good Luck getting them to agree to any refund unless there's a major shutdown of everything (bus, trains, metro, boats) - notice their caveat "Try to plan your jou ... (show full quote)

That caveat is just a recommendation from SL and not part of the law. SL will not reimburse any non-transport costs like missed appointments or lost income.
I have no particular SL experience but they must follow the law. Try to save some evidence (travel planner screenshot maybe). Then it might be easier to get a taxi reimbursed. You don't even have to buy a ticket if you've made special effort (best translation of "särskilt har inrättat sig" I came up with) to catch the transport.
Planned disruptions are not considered as delays if they are published three days in advance.
+

Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: