The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
23 Pages V  « < 20 21 22 23 >   Reply to this topic

Dear (censored)...Can you please consider

The volume of posts you make...

mångk
post 6.Mar.2013, 10:02 PM
Post #316

QUOTE (skogsbo @ 6.Mar.2013, 09:45 PM) *
Is this forum turning into a 1 man show. 1 person seems to start many threads that lead to precisely zero discussion.At the same time they are killing or modifying threads whi ... (show full quote)

I agree. sad.gif

I also apologise for my conduct over my last posting days. As has been evidenced in the past sometimes it takes different methods to communicate with certain people.

It is not my intention to kill this forum, but to stop the its death due to 1 persons obsession and hatred - regardless of how it is dressed up. I certainly do not want to stop that person from posting unless that is absolutely the last resort!

It is not simply the modifying of threads but the modification of posters comments without reason nor without clearly indicating that it was in fact the moderator that has done so! It is also the degree of hypocrisy that astounds me!

Once again if my conduct offends others, please look at other threads and the real reasonings behind my actions!
Go to the top of the page
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 6.Mar.2013, 10:20 PM
Post #317

Bykeism...Anyone? rolleyes.gif
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 6.Mar.2013, 11:05 PM
Post #318

Having problems sending IM'S...is that you Byke?

Did anybody just get an IM (name withheld)?
+
mångk
post 6.Mar.2013, 11:18 PM
Post #319

No, but a pigeon with something tied around its leg just crashed into my window! blink.gif
laugh.gif
+
jack sprat
post 6.Mar.2013, 11:19 PM
Post #320

With the possible exception of N.K.I have never before come across a country where the inhabitants are shaking in their boots at the thought of free speech, honest opinions and real transparency.
OK there's a few skeletons in the cupboard and the thought of living there doesn't send peoples hearts racing with excitement, but until the natives and swedophiles come out of their shells and discuss controversial issues in a mature, open manner, instead of spitting their dummies every time they hear something they don't like, I see little hope of things improving.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 6.Mar.2013, 11:23 PM
Post #321

Jack you'r in the dog house again...I see...just be a good lad, she will let you back in after you repent a bit. laugh.gif
+
byke
post 6.Mar.2013, 11:29 PM
Post #322

QUOTE (jack sprat @ 6.Mar.2013, 11:19 PM) *
With the possible exception of N.K.I have never before come across a country where the inhabitants are shaking in their boots at the thought of free speech, honest opinions an ... (show full quote)

Who would have thought such fear of open information would be so resented.
And claims that it would expose Sweden in such a fearful manner.

Seriously there are some sick pups out there.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 7.Mar.2013, 12:50 AM
Post #323

What would you call a person who constantly and with unacceptable volume posted news about Sweden that only showed it's multitude of virtues?...A Spammer? rolleyes.gif
laugh.gif
+
RedCreamSodas
post 8.Mar.2013, 12:16 PM
Post #324

I haven't read the majority of this nonsense but my conclusion is this individual seems to have quite an unhealthy obsession with rape stories and sex crimes. I enjoy reading this forum but geez, it gets difficult sometimes when you have to constantly fish through pages of horrible headlines with uninteresting themes. Bring back the some of the positive articles and discussion! It's nothing personal Byke but give it a rest my friend.
+
byke
post 8.Mar.2013, 12:52 PM
Post #325

I tell you what.
Maybe we can ask the national newspapers to stop reporting on certain crimes as by addressing them is classed as "unhealthy". Where as attempting to even discuss the ever increasing reports of such from reports in the national press is obviously the posters fault and no reflection of the news and society.

Are the subjects you have mentioned something you want censored or attempt to cover up?
If so why, what is you interest in having such stories hidden?

You know who often wants such stories hidden, sex predators and offenders.
+
AW1
post 8.Mar.2013, 01:05 PM
Post #326

Byke, get over yourself.

You're not attempting to discuss anything.,We can all get these stories through mainstream media without your help.
+
Johno
post 8.Mar.2013, 01:16 PM
Post #327

My thoughts also. This section of the site is labelled Discuss, and Byke thinks he only needs to post the tabloid style article and leave the discussion to others. And secondly what is also so crass is the linking of Swedish newspaper articles with second rate Google translation links. If Byke bothered to cut and paste the translation, tidying up the translation in the process, that would be fine. But these items are a cut and paste job in their entirety showing total laziness on his behalf. The Local has its own section of sometimes poorly translated "interesting" news articles. But broader based than Bykes selection. A misplaced ego trip on Bykes behalf and a couple a week would be tolerable. But more than one a day is so not on. I simply add my endorsement to the wish in the thread title. But he doesn't seem to heed it.
+
Yorkshireman
post 8.Mar.2013, 02:18 PM
Post #328

QUOTE (byke @ 8.Mar.2013, 12:52 PM) *
Maybe we can ask the national newspapers to stop reporting on certain crimes as by addressing them is classed as "unhealthy". Where as attempting to even discuss the ... (show full quote)

Hmmmm ... since you are mainly highlighting articles from Private owned media sources, whos main objective as a business is to generate as much revenue for shareholders as possible, they are selective in what arcticles are published in order to maximise potential revenues. So, you are basically either enhancing that revenue stream for them on those types of stories by directing links in that direction, or you are trying to sell something else? cool.gif ...is it actually in The Local's interest that You attempt to divert forum readers away from Swedish News in English on The Local, in favour of Swedish Mass Media and Google revenues via the translation of said articles into English? rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (Johno @ 8.Mar.2013, 01:16 PM) *
If Byke bothered to cut and paste the translation, tidying up the translation in the process, that would be fine.

To be fair, cut & paste of articles, depending upon the sources terms and conditions for use of service, could wind up with intillectual copyright infringement issues!
+
Kaipa
post 8.Mar.2013, 02:55 PM
Post #329

I think some people are missing the point here. Byke is not posting these articles because he finds them enlightening although he claims he is. He is posting them as a subtle protest against certain members who in the past have objected about his opnions. This usually took the form of an argument about generalising or simply posting a personal opinion which some people thought was not conducive on a discussion forum. By posting all these news stories Byke is distancing himself from the content whilst at the same time indirectly expressing his opinion. There is nothing more to it. He is winding you up
+
AW1
post 8.Mar.2013, 02:57 PM
Post #330

So, he's basically acting like a petulant child?
+

23 Pages V  « < 20 21 22 23 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: