The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

PN number with no work for EU citizen

Can I get a PN with no work,but with place to stay

Alexandratrk
post 22.Nov.2018, 08:38 AM
Post #1

Hej!
I’ll be moving to Stockholm in January to my boyfriend who is Swedish and works and owns an apartment in Stockholm. Long story short we met while he was working in London, we are currently living in India - his job transferred him here for a few months until January - his employer is Swedish and when we go back he will still have the same job but in Stockholm.
I won’t have a job when I arrive, however I’ll have his address as a place to stay and I’ll be looking for work. Would this be enough for me to get a PN?
I read so much about this topic and some says it’s fine, other pages say you will need lots of proof that you are self-sufficient.
We are a bit confused, please help!
Thank you for your help in advance. smile.gif
Go to the top of the page
+
Uncle Fred
post 22.Nov.2018, 09:00 AM
Post #2

QUOTE (Alexandratrk @ 22.Nov.2018, 08:38 AM) *
Hej! I’ll be moving to Stockholm in January to my boyfriend who is Swedish and works and owns an apartment in Stockholm. Long story short we met while he was working in ... (show full quote)

It seems you answered your onw question.
+
Alexandratrk
post 22.Nov.2018, 02:08 PM
Post #3

What do you mean?
Can I get a PN in my current situation or not? I would appreciate a helpful answer: smile.gif
+
skogsbo
post 22.Nov.2018, 02:31 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (Alexandratrk @ 22.Nov.2018, 01:08 PM) *
What do you mean? . Can I get a PN in my current situation or not? I would appreciate a helpful answer: smile.gif

No pn number, why would they give you one? You are in a relationship, which may or may not exist, it could end tomorrow, you have no job, no income, no savings etc... it might not be what you want to hear but you've more chance of winning the lottery, even if you never play the lottery.
+
Alexandratrk
post 22.Nov.2018, 02:39 PM
Post #5

I have savings and 4 years finance experience from London, and I’m happy to take on any kinds of coffee shop jobs in the beginning, while looking for jobs in finance. I don’t think finding a job will be too difficult...
Can I apply for sambo visa with my boyfriend? Or is that only for non-eu citizens?
Sorry for complicating things, we just really need to figure out things asap.
Many thanks again smile.gif
+
skogsbo
post 22.Nov.2018, 07:42 PM
Post #6

I'd apply some of the skills gained in London by contacting SV, on their website there are booklets in many languages, your sambo should be fluent in at least one of them. Savings: SV will expect at least 200,000kr to consider you capable of supporting yourself. No visas for eu, you are a migrant worker. Sweden has a lot of people chasing the same low skill, near zero Swedish jobs that you will be aiming for.

You will do better to chase bank work and transfer over with the same or sister company.
+
Alexandratrk
post 23.Nov.2018, 12:06 AM
Post #7

Thank you, this was very useful! smile.gif
+

Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: