The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
16 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > »    Reply to this topic

Why are the Swedes so dumb?

Texting whilst driving now legal

intrepidfox
post 26.Jan.2013, 09:39 PM
Post #151

It´s a shame that some people are so thick and stand by a stupid principle which will cause accidents and death.

Well done Sean with your comments which i agree with but unfortunately many people will still disagree with you unless the statistics say differently. We all know that statistics can be favourable depending on who commissions them.
Go to the top of the page
+
Hisingen
post 27.Jan.2013, 12:31 AM
Post #152

I am fully with you guys. OK there may be a law that covers the situation - in a way - but if that law was amended ( a second amendment perhap wink.gif ) whereby the fact of using a mobile was definitely frowned upon, appeared in print, it might - just might - appeal to the Job's Comforters here who seem to constantly decry any laws.

See my previous posts with the photos taken from a program regarding a fatal accident caused by a lorry driver texting.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 27.Jan.2013, 07:04 AM
Post #153

What would be the recommended amount of loaded numbers...minimum of 7?

Wouldn't want them to go semi-automatic and call everybody in the phone book... laugh.gif
+
Yorkshireman
post 28.Jan.2013, 12:52 AM
Post #154

QUOTE (Seamus Sean @ 26.Jan.2013, 07:29 PM) *
I keep saying why not check out another Scandinavian country but that would be totaly mental I guess

Yes You do ...but it hasn't sunk in yet that the reason that neither the WHO nor Swedish researchers could is that the other Scandinavian countries have not published any follow-up information with regards the ban.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 28.Jan.2013, 02:00 AM
Post #155

Swedes are not dumb...make a law about texting, etc., and Swedes will obey it...or not...there are laws here (USA) and it seems NOBODY obeys them...so how do the Swedes only, get to be called dumb when all the world does the same thing?

This thread is so dumb!

But dumbness is what we thrive on, because as we can see this is a long lived one.

What does that say about our intelligence?

The Local is populated by dumb people...except me! laugh.gif x3
+
Seamus Sean
post 28.Jan.2013, 07:22 AM
Post #156

QUOTE (Yorkshireman @ 28.Jan.2013, 12:52 AM) *
Yes You do ...but it hasn't sunk in yet that the reason that neither the WHO nor Swedish researchers could is that the other Scandinavian countries have not published any ... (show full quote)

Now your just being silly, bad enough you can´t use your own mind, trust your own eyes to let you see that less people on the other side of the Norsk border use their phones while driving,now your dragging an aging British rock band into the debate???

Look just take a trip and open your eyes and you shall see that information with your own eyes it will rock your little world and all your pie charts and facts and figures and statistics on driving practises in Alabama or Sidney won´t change the fact that less people use hand held phones while driving in Norway as compared to Sweden, you may not like what you see...people following the law but you shall see it!
+
byke
post 28.Jan.2013, 09:55 AM
Post #157

So there is no law for driving and texting in Sweden, because people won't follow it.
Yet there a half assed badly written law regarding computers and SVT license fee's

Says a lot about the Swedish judicial system and society.
+
Yorkshireman
post 28.Jan.2013, 10:46 AM
Post #158

Actually it turns out that Denmark is the country in Nordic that use the mobile least whilst driving, and Swedes text whilst driving less than the Norwegians... according to some results from a survey done by the Nordic Traffic Safety Council:-

1. Do You use the mobile phone whilst driving (scale 1-5):

Attached Image

2. Do you send sms whilst driving (scale 1-5):

Attached Image
+
Seamus Sean
post 28.Jan.2013, 11:08 AM
Post #159

You do love your charts and facts and figures? rolleyes.gif

Have you got one to show how many Swedes don´t bother putting on their winter tyres on or before the date set down in law...guess most do, well it is law??
+
Seamus Sean
post 28.Jan.2013, 11:17 AM
Post #160

QUOTE (Yorkshireman @ 28.Jan.2013, 10:46 AM) *
Actually it turns out that Denmark is the country in Nordic that use the mobile least whilst driving, and Swedes text whilst driving less than the Norwegians... according to s ... (show full quote)
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 28.Jan.2013, 01:31 PM
Post #161

Attached Image
+
Seamus Sean
post 28.Jan.2013, 03:52 PM
Post #162

Sorry Bender I believe you were trying to get the idea that we are "flogging a dead horse" on this driving/phone using issue but your pic shows a man clubbing a horse, a horse I may add that we have no idea is it living or has passed away, and without a certificate to indicate if the horse is infact dead we can not say for sure that the man has clubbed a dead horse, if you could maybe google and find a chart or some facts and figures to back up your picture we would be most grateful...some of us here can´t use our own eyes and minds, thanks. wink.gif
+
byke
post 7.Mar.2013, 03:46 PM
Post #163

Good news for Gary Jones?

SWEDISH VERSION:
http://www.svd.se/nyheter/inrikes/nytt-kra...bil_7974960.svd

ENGLISH TRANSLATION :
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...bil_7974960.svd
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 7.Mar.2013, 04:20 PM
Post #164

Hey Byke!

Ikea hotdogs in Russia do not relate to this discussion...it seems your copy and paste abilities are worn to a frazzle...give it a rest! laugh.gif
+
Yorkshireman
post 7.Mar.2013, 04:49 PM
Post #165

- Vad ska polisen till exempel säga om en bilförare sitter och tittar på tv, och detta inte är reglerat i lagen?

...Can I see Your Drivers License and TV License please? biggrin.gif
+

16 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: