The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
  Reply to this topic

Exporting a Swede!

lolly
post 5.Jan.2009, 06:02 PM
Post #1

Hello tongue.gif

After yrs of reading The Localand planning a potential move to Sweden to be with the Swede, we finally made a decision!

He's agreed to marry me and move to Australia rather than me moving there.

Cross fingers for visa applications and the like - might be a few long months to go yet. Depending on if they accept his application we will end up tying the knot before the end of 09.

He's about to leave the nice warm sunny 34 degree weather of Perth, for the cooler -5 of Helsingborg :-)
Go to the top of the page
+
High Priestess Kang - Slu...
post 5.Jan.2009, 06:07 PM
Post #2

Woo-hooooooo! I'm so happy for you, lovey!!!

/me does silly happy dance
+
roch
post 5.Jan.2009, 06:23 PM
Post #3

Really awesome!! :-)
+
Holecutter > The Howl ...
post 5.Jan.2009, 06:33 PM
Post #4

Go for it

:twisted:
+
weychick
post 5.Jan.2009, 09:14 PM
Post #5

I exported my Swede to the US. After a lot of time spent trying to get him here and then marry, I went there, we got married in April 2006, he was here in May 2006! It's been bliss ever since! Would have taken close to a year to do it the other way.
+
lolly
post 6.Jan.2009, 04:46 AM
Post #6

:-)

We thought about that, but AU charge huge $$ to import people depending on things like "were you married at the time" and "were you in the country"

The average wait time for visa approval is about 6 months or so, which isn't too long considering that he and I are in a long distance relationship. The other thing is He doesn't want my family to miss out on me getting married, my family is very different to his, so he's not so worried about Venue.

We're not in a rush, we've been friends for yrs and we will be patient :-)
+
Kind Man
post 6.Jan.2009, 05:22 AM
Post #7

QUOTE (lolly)
Hello tongue.gif

After yrs of reading The Localand planning a potential move to Sweden to be with the Swede, we finally made a decision!

He's agreed to marry me and move to Australia rather than me moving there.

Cross fingers for visa applications and the like - might be a few long months to go yet. Depending on if they accept his application we will end up tying the knot before the end of 09.

He's about to leave the nice warm sunny 34 degree weather of Perth, for the cooler -5 of Helsingborg :-)

To be honest Swedish girls are very hot many would go to hell for them tongue.gif

I am waiting to take of them to Asia lol specially the blonde one. we have actually some blonde hidding in mountain area.. blonde hair blue eyes boys and girls but they dont speak swedish tongue.gif :wink:
+
lolly
post 6.Jan.2009, 01:16 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (Kind Man)
To be honest Swedish girls are very hot many would go to hell for them tongue.gif

I am waiting to take of them to Asia lol specially the blonde one. we have actually some blonde hidding in mountain area.. blonde hair blue eyes boys and girls but they dont speak swedish tongue.gif :wink:

Well I guess I should consider myself lucky that my swedish man likes aussie chicks tongue.gif

There are hot chicks in every country, Sweden hasn't cornered the market on them :-)
+
Northernline
post 6.Jan.2009, 01:48 PM
Post #9

Don't forget that your boyfriend must be placed in quarantine on arrival, for a minimum period of 3 months, usually in the same cage as the feral Rottweilers.
+
lolly
post 6.Jan.2009, 02:20 PM
Post #10

really?

Don't you think that's a little unfair to the Rottweilers?
+
The Moozeylicious One
post 6.Jan.2009, 03:53 PM
Post #11

Congratulations Lolly, really really pleased for the both of you
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: