The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Should I pay tax

Non EU student tax for income from outside Sweden

*Nazineda*
post 27.Jun.2014, 01:03 AM
Post #1

Hi,

I'm a foreign and non-EU student in Sweden (Sorry! I don't speak Swedish yet but learning it), I have 2 question for tax and would be thankful if you help.

1) Should I pay tax for the money which my parent send me for studying and living to my Swedish bank account (they will send money from Russia)? Is there any limit for amount they send monthly?

2) I have an online website and I sell digital products on it to worldwide customers, I use a USA based company to process online payments for my website, and this company send my earnings to my Russian bank (in Russia) monthly, now if I change the bank and ask that company to send my earnings to my Swedish bank in Sweden, then should I pay tax for it in Sweden?

I almost searched every where for answer to my second question with no success : (

Thank you in advance for your time and your help.
Go to the top of the page
+
local_in_overseas
post 8.Jul.2014, 11:02 PM
Post #2

I wonder why are you so interested to transfer large amount of money to Sweden.

1. No tax on the money your parents send. A student needs around 8000 every month according to swedish university rules. If you want to bring limitless money from a country like Russia, expect any kind of questions any time smile.gif .. you never know..

2. Where is the company registered ? If the company is not registered in Sweden, no tax questions..
+
LLHope
post 9.Jul.2014, 12:04 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (Nazineda @ 27.Jun.2014, 01:03 AM) *
1) Should I pay tax for the money which my parent send me for studying and living to my Swedish bank account (they will send money from Russia)? Is there any limit for amount they send monthly?

You have to show that YOU have the money for the entire study period when applying for the study permit, it is not accepted that the bank information belongs to anyone else. Once you are in Sweden for more than 6 months you become liable to taxation on global income, regular transfers from abroad may be questioned by the tax authorities and treated as income unless other evidence is provided to the contrary.

QUOTE (Nazineda @ 27.Jun.2014, 01:03 AM) *
2) I have an online website and I sell digital products on it to worldwide customers, I use a USA based company to process online payments for my website, and this company sen ... (show full quote)

When you become liable for taxation on global income, yes you certainly will have to pay income tax on the money, regardless of where it is earned. And there is also risk that since it is your company, you sit in Sweden, then they can for tax purposes claim that the company is Swedish and make all profit liable to Swedish corporate tax also, and social taxes on salary paid to you.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: