The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
2 Pages V  < 1 2   Reply to this topic

The Local ME Peace Summit

*Guest*
post 8.Jan.2009, 09:30 PM
Post #16

And I'll be writing them, long after you are gone, gutless one!
Go to the top of the page
+
swede18436572
post 8.Jan.2009, 09:36 PM
Post #17

You know their is a hidden beauty to these pieces of shit computers, why not meet me out in the woods Buck Rogers Boy! I've seen a gut full of death before you were born Ford. Guess we'll have to pray for a chance meeting? :wink:
+
*Guest*
post 8.Jan.2009, 09:46 PM
Post #18

That would put you back in the 1920s, gutless boy, since I was born on November 9, 1929. Makes you at least one hundred. Perhaps, we should just settle for calling you bullshit boy

Still, if true, I shall bring a coffin along for you, as I can finish you off with my bare hands. It would constitute a mercy killing.

If you surrender, I shall just be kind and provide mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, and call the emergency services.
+
swede18436572
post 8.Jan.2009, 10:09 PM
Post #19

I knew you were an 'ole creepy faggot confined to a wheelchair, but WW2 is over old man! You have no idea who you're up against! Don't worry, I won't tell your next of kin. :twisted:
+
Mzungu
post 8.Jan.2009, 10:12 PM
Post #20

QUOTE (swede18436572)
I knew you were an 'ole creepy - confined to a wheelchair, but WW2 is over old man! You have no idea who you're up against! Don't worry, I won't tell your next of kin. :twisted:

Enough is enough!
+
swede18436572
post 8.Jan.2009, 10:22 PM
Post #21

That's the problem with we norrlanders...we tend to get under all southerners skin. Enough has been said, I need to go back to the shop and continue sharpening me Axe blade-always watching for them damn sami's. 8)
+
Mzungu
post 8.Jan.2009, 10:27 PM
Post #22

Just watch your back!

*you never know*
+
swede18436572
post 8.Jan.2009, 10:29 PM
Post #23

Coming from you, that's a welcome I'd have to carve into me veins! :twisted:
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 8.Jan.2009, 11:58 PM
Post #24

QUOTE (swede18436572)
Gamla! It thrills me to know when you're confused! Why not you shut your mouth first? laugh.gif

Well, that was a mouthful!

Your way with words have made you a most cherished poster on this forum.

With a minimal amount of words you have endeared yourself to us.

Your intelligence, insight and understanding of previous posts is beyond compare.

Your subsequent answers to those posts leave me in AWE of your most intelligent interpretation of their meaning.

The fact that you can discern a different meaning from them and answer in a most provocative way is a sign of pure genius.

You are the "word man"

Please give us more 8)
+
entry
post 10.Jan.2009, 10:33 PM
Post #25

The first step in my ME Peace Plan would be to move the United Nations out of New York City with all of it's associated Missions and the International Embassies of all of the nations of the world to Gaza and the West Bank.
+
Peanuts
post 10.Jan.2009, 11:41 PM
Post #26

This is a Discussion Forum on a newspaper. There were just three pages of comments that belong on MSN Messenger. You guys trade email addresses and download messenger from the MSN site, its really fun for chatting about anything that comes to mind. If you read issues and wanted to talk about the question in the thread you are in the right place.
+
Thebinary1
post 11.Jan.2009, 04:23 PM
Post #27

QUOTE (Torontonian)
After many years of wars and bloodshed and no resolution, it is bout time for peace negotiations. What would it take for all sides to agree to lasting peace? The answer, give and take. In this online experiments, I encourage Localers to participate in the following manner:

Step one, who do you represent what do you want: Security? Economic development? National determination? - Please express this.

(You may also play a mediator)

Step two. how do we get there?

Anybody in?

The thing is - our efforts are irrelevant. History is the proof of this. The war and bloodshed has gone on for a ver long time. Peace "negotiations" are just that - negotiations - and nothing of substance that translates into law, or action.

The problem is not "us outside people" even though our interference only muddies and exacerbates the issue even further.

"Security" and "National determinations" are actually the cause of the problem. "Economic development" is irrelevant without "Security". These 3 elements are always favouring one side at any time, and this prompts the other side to spill blood. Therefore, for one to have peace in the Middle East - "Security" and "National determination" must be made redundant. Neither Palestine nor Israel will accept this in reality. How on Earth did I make this guess? Easy - it all boils down to "intent".

To summarise - nobody living in the Middle East "sincerely" wants peace, that is why war exists. How did I detect this "insincerity"? I picked this up based on the actions of both parties in the Middle East. Both Israel and Palestine perform non-peaceful actions. Both are vengeful. Both want blood spilt.

So, how do we ferment peace in the Middle East. Well, one way is to let the Laws of Natural Selection take over - that is assigning all Palestinian territories to Israel. Or, inversely we can defy the natural order of things and assign all Israeli territories to Palestine. Both of these options have equally devastating CONs - and this prospect is what sustains the status quo of maintaining war.

The third option is most devastating of all - which is to make the Middle East actually inhospitable by natural or technological means.

At the end of the day, its a game of losing. Whoever loses second is the winner.
+
Peanuts
post 12.Jan.2009, 12:10 PM
Post #28

Posting here at the is forum is like feeding carp sometimes smile.gif
Here you go.
[quote]Step one, who do you represent what do you want: Security? Economic development? National determination? - Please express this[/quote]

I am a citizen of the world, I desire what is good for the human species., so my opinion is biased, since I have a vested interest in seeing that enterprise succeed.

[quote]Step two. How do we get there?[/quote]

I rather like what this group of people was discussing, from ‘We Can End Apartheid in Israel, as We Did in South Africa
by Bill Fletcher, Jr.’

'The Presbyterian Church U.S.A.'s General Assembly , making policy decisions for its 2.3 million member denomination, will consider corporate engagement, up to divestment, with companies that profit from the obstacles to a just peace in Israel and Palestine. The church is considering approaches to Caterpillar, ITT Industries, Motorola and United Technologies.'.[/quote]

Now i will watch as primitive gaping mouths surround the foreign object and greedily tear it up.
+
The Moozeylicious One
post 12.Jan.2009, 12:32 PM
Post #29

QUOTE (Princess P)
I want Cream Eggs. I suggest this is acheived by some nice kind localler, anyone will do, jumping on a plane and making a quick trip to Woolies for purchase of said articles.

If cost is a factor, then I have a 2 man dingy which could be comandeered for the excursion. I nomiate Roch for the job as she said she want a bit more exercise to start off the new year.

(I know Woolies has ceased to be. Please leave me in my state of denial. sad.gif )

They are 50p each in my local shop and I am heading to Stockers next week. Would you like me to pick some up and post them to you when I get over??? If you do pass your details via Kang, 007, 70sDreamer, Markbase etc as they know how to get hold of me.
+
Princess P
post 12.Jan.2009, 12:55 PM
Post #30

QUOTE (The Moozeylicious One)
They are 50p each in my local shop and I am heading to Stockers next week. Would you like me to pick some up and post them to you when I get over??? If you do pass your details via Kang, 007, 70sDreamer, Markbase etc as they know how to get hold of me.

That is very kind of you. I would love some cream eggs. However I feel that I must show some restraint, bearing in mind that my share of the EU chocolate mountain, left over from Christmas, is causing the joists in my floor to sag. I'm am doing my best to rectify this problem but that means that I then cause the joists to sag, which is even worse. sad.gif
+

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: