The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >   Reply to this topic

Three gun crimes a day in Sweden

The Local
post 6.Sep.2005, 08:54 AM
Post #1

Three gun crimes a day in Sweden

Firearms are used in murders, attempted murders or robberies three times a day in Sweden, according to statistics from the National Police Board.

In 2004, police registered 1,187 such crimes involving guns, a similar figure to the previous two years, reported Göteborgs-Posten. But the difference is that the kind of weapon has changed.

"Before, there were a lot of shotguns - now it's all automatic weapons," said Per-Olof Johansson, a detective in the Gothenburg police reconnaissance division.

"In the last five years we've also confiscated a lot of hand grenades."

The number of weapons seized has increased three years in a row. Of the 1,441 weapons which were confiscated in 2004, 57% were smaller pistols and revolvers.

And while the number of thefts from Swedish weapon stocks has reduced, the number of firearms being brought in from the Balkans has increased. Last year police confiscated 44 CZ pistols. Half were produced in Serbia-Montenegro and half came from the Czech Republic.

The street price for a pistol, according to the National Police Board figures, is 7,000 to 12,000 kronor. A light automatic rifle costs around 20,000 kronor.
Go to the top of the page
+
Swedeofile
post 6.Sep.2005, 09:18 AM
Post #2

It really is sad, we had such a peaceful country and now crime has gotten out of hand. Why the Balkans! Are the forces of law and order to lax? Is a sever increase in the penalties for having an illegal firearm required.
It is alway odd to me how governments are always so slow to react to crime, does any one know why? It seems the world over.
+
*Franco Frescovaldi*
post 6.Sep.2005, 12:47 PM
Post #3

Just for the record. Somebody says here "we had a beautiful cuntry". These gangsters going around now in force breaking the law in Sweden, what ethnic background do they have?
Does somebody know something on this topic?
+
*Franco Frescovaldi*
post 6.Sep.2005, 12:54 PM
Post #4

it should read "we had a beautiful country in Sweden"...
+
Joel Che
post 6.Sep.2005, 01:40 PM
Post #5

Guns, unfortunately, are bound to increase in every country. Countries surrounded by war zones / unstable regimess can be assured of getting guns filtering through their borders faster.

Western countries make guns sell it to warring unstable nations and the guns get smuggled back in to bite them.

It may be that criminals from the balkans who are much more used to firearms started it but Swedish criminals or criminals from other areas would have had to get guns to compete, the cycle kicks in.

A gun for a criminal is a very useful tool but a high risk one. Their crimes are a lot quicker, they get away quicker and they can have more targets with a gun. The downside is that the police treat it more seriously and they get more time in jail but if you are a criminal, you only see the benefits.

The thing the government needs to do is to go after gangs, cartels and mafia now and very very hard before they grow out of control whether they have guns or not. The organised groups are the ones most likely to have the organisation to get guns and once they have it, their rival gangs are more likely to get guns too in order to compete. Target the gangs now and get serious. Whether they have guns yet or not!!
+
*Boris Sidis ll*
post 6.Sep.2005, 01:47 PM
Post #6

Same shit, different day biggrin.gif
+
*Boris Sidis ll*
post 6.Sep.2005, 03:35 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (Franco Frescovaldi)
Just for the record. Somebody says here "we had a beautiful -". These gangsters going around now in force breaking the law in Sweden, what ethnic background do they have?
Does somebody know something on this topic?

Brother Franco: I have been checking around and they have not the same etnnic background, but the same religious one: Islam. The danger to the world is not a yellow one, but a religious one. I am glad I do not live there. Take care.

Boris
+
*Jeanette*
post 6.Sep.2005, 03:47 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (Boris Sidis II)
Brother Franco: I have been checking around and they have not the same etnnic background, but the same religious one: Islam. The danger to the world is not a yellow one, but a religious one. I am glad I do not live there. Take care.

Boris

There you go again, leaping on another story as evidence of how European civilisation is being threatened by naughty foreigners with their guns.

That's such hypocrisy - show me a western nation that hasn't shipped arms to an African, Asian or Middle Eastern country! And we're not talking about a few hand grenades.

And on the destruction scale of things, a few criminals bringing weapons into Sweden doesn't rate very highly compared to these major arms sales. How much military hardware has Sweden supplied to other countries?
+
*Kodos*
post 6.Sep.2005, 03:56 PM
Post #9

Jeanette...very well said!
+
*Brathair / Don't Be Lagom*
post 6.Sep.2005, 06:36 PM
Post #10

Actually, for it's size and demographics, Sweden has supplied quite a bit of military hardware (or it's precursors) to other countries in both present day and in WW2.
+
*Don Bagley*
post 6.Sep.2005, 06:53 PM
Post #11

So we have another Broad; the quota is getting filled.
Stop nonsense. Before Europe shipped arms to Africa. They were killing
each others with spears and arrows. Who are we kidding to here. You and
your goddamn Liberal propaganda. Killing has been plenty in Asia and
Africa before there were swedish or any other weapons being built.
Who the hell invented gun powder -ignorants- if not the Chinese.
Stop your lacay type of behaivor. Nothing justifies the fact that these
muslims or whoever may be come around shutting people and stealing
property. You don'l like here; move out!!
Nothing personal my man Marnie!
+
*Boris Sidis Sidis*
post 6.Sep.2005, 08:34 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (Jeanette)
There you go again, leaping on another story as evidence of how European civilisation is being threatened by naughty foreigners with their guns.

That's such hypocrisy - show me a western nation that hasn't shipped arms to an African, Asian or Middle Eastern country! And we're not talking about a few hand grenades.

And on the destruction scale of things, a few criminals bringing weapons into Sweden doesn't rate very highly compared to these major arms sales. How much military hardware has Sweden supplied to other countries?

Kalashnikovs and Uzzis are not the problem. Ideas and fanatism are. Mrs. Jeannette: You will eat your words sooner than you think. The yellow threat (China) was a children's game in comparison with the Islamic one. For your information, do you know what was happening in a little Swedish colony in the coast of Venezuela during the times when Simon Bolivar was making his revolution? Well. Swedish ships use to sail there with supplies for the colony. But you know what? They were selling guns to the army of Simon Bolivar. Right there is where the worldwide "Do not play the stupid Swede" was born. Germans say "Die dumme Schwede"; in Spain and in all of Latin America is said, "Do not play the stupid as a 'Swede".

Boris
+
*Boris Sidis Sidis*
post 6.Sep.2005, 08:38 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (Don Bagley)
So we have another Broad; the quota is getting filled.
Stop nonsense. Before Europe shipped arms to Africa. They were killing
each others with spears and arrows. Who are we kidding to here. You and
your goddamn Liberal propaganda. Killing has been plenty in Asia and
Africa before there were swedish or any other weapons being built.
Who the hell invented gun powder -ignorants- if not the Chinese.
Stop your lacay type of behaivor. Nothing justifies the fact that these
muslims or whoever may be come around shutting people and stealing
property. You don'l like here; move out!!
Nothing personal my man Marnie!

Don: Do you know the old British "Three Blind Mice"? Well, we have now two. One more to go. Boris
+
*Kodos*
post 6.Sep.2005, 08:52 PM
Post #14

Boris...

What is your major malfunction, soldier? I was kind enough to answer your questions and guide you to information that may help you locate your friends. And you return the favour with an insult. {shaking head} You are shameless.
+
*Boris Sidis Sidis*
post 6.Sep.2005, 09:39 PM
Post #15

Marnie: Do not take it wrong. I do appreciate a lot your indications that might help me find my friends in NO. That I will not forget. I swear. But your applause to Jeannette was not well founded. You should be more profound in your analysis before posting something as Bravo Bravo.

Do not be that touchy and have more fun. Life is to short to be quarreling for little things when the Big ones are finishing with your world, not mine.

Smile, and the world will smile with you. Cry, and you will cry alone.

Sincerely

Boris

P.S. Have you thought that I might be a blind mouse too? Oh no. I opened my mouth too soon.
+

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: