The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Unemployment rises again

The Local
post 9.Sep.2005, 01:19 PM
Post #1

Unemployment rises again

The number of people out of work in Sweden in rose again last month to 263,000, or 5.5 percent of the workforce, according to the Swedish National Labour Market Administration (AMS).

This figure rose to 7.8 percent when people on welfare to work programmes were counted as jobless, representing a rise of 0.2 percent on August 2004.

Unemployment was also up in August compared with July, but according to AMS this is normal for the time of year. Seasonally adjusted figures showed that unemployment had stopped rising and ?has started to head gently downwards,? the organisation said.

?I can see weak signs of an improvement in the job market,? said Bo Bylund, head of AMS, in a statement.

?The number of job vacancies is continuing to increase in most sectors, and redundancies are heading downwards.?

Bylund pointed out that 8,000 more jobs were advertised last month than in August 2004.

With 5.7 percent of its workforce unemployed or on labour market programmes, Stockholm was the region that fared best in the report. Jönköping, in southern Sweden, was next, with 5.8 percent.

Most new jobs were created in professional services, such as IT consultancy, accounting and marketing.
Go to the top of the page
+
*Örjan Malmstedt*
post 9.Sep.2005, 03:20 PM
Post #2

This 5,5% is a fake. In reality the unemployment is round 20%. And the government seems to accept that. I have been working for 35 years and now I´m unemployed since 3 and a half years. The government ha totally failed and as I said - they are also lying about the figures of unemployment.
+
*Brathair / Don't Be Lagom*
post 9.Sep.2005, 04:44 PM
Post #3

The Swedes need to look to Ireland as a great example of how to solve their growth/economic/social problems.
+
*Örjan Malmstedt*
post 9.Sep.2005, 07:01 PM
Post #4

No wonder that unemployment is going up - with this government and its politics - they kill all the small companies upon which Sweden is built. If you take away the ground then you shouldn´t be surprised that the building collapses.
+
*August Niclason*
post 10.Sep.2005, 12:34 AM
Post #5

Ericsson to invest $1 billion in China.
+
*Matt.*
post 11.Sep.2005, 11:20 AM
Post #6

SARCASM ->

Sarcasm removed, to protect the blood pressure of those who are too simple to understand it!

<- SARCASM ENDS
+
*Dimitri*
post 11.Sep.2005, 11:38 AM
Post #7

QUOTE (Ballyfeenaun)
The Swedes need to look to Ireland as a great example of how to solve their growth/economic/social problems.

They cannot. They do not see farther than their noses. And Ireland? Where is Ireland? Do not forget that Swedes believe Sweden t be the navel of the Universe.
+
*Örjan Malmstedt*
post 11.Sep.2005, 02:15 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (Matt.)
You patriarchal Nazi dinosaurs are neglecting to mention all the benefits of unemployment, but of course that's just what we expect from the covert "black-ops" troublemakers that comprise the posters at the Local.

Without Sweden's high unemployment and accompanying generous benefits, who would have time to produce such an amusing yet tragic monument to self-obsession and self-importance as this?! -

http://battleangel.org/index.php?memberid=1
laugh.gif

To me it´s not very clever to call people patriarchal Nzi dinosaurs. And what "benefits of unemployment" are you talking about? We are not troublemakers we are just saying how we feel and since Sweden is - after all - a democracy we have the right to do that. "Generous benefits" - are you talking about the 6000 net - after taxes - that I lost when I lost my job? Grow up Matt or stay away from here. We would all be happy if you did what I said last.
+
*Örjan Malmstedt*
post 11.Sep.2005, 02:20 PM
Post #9

6000 net per month that is. Seems to me that I really have to explain it in a very simple way so you can understand it.
+
*Matt.*
post 11.Sep.2005, 03:34 PM
Post #10

Whoo hoo, once again Professor Malmstedt completely fails to understand a word.
laugh.gif
No wonder you're unemployed. Perhaps if you spent less time posting drivel on a site which is after all for expats, you'd have a job! On the other hand, maybe you enjoy the leisure like Mr Hallberg clearly does.
Here's a suggestion: Since Göran Persson is keeping you out of work despite your brilliance, why don't you start a weblog too? I'm sure you'll get 1000's of hits and be able to sell advertising space.
+
*Matt.*
post 11.Sep.2005, 04:38 PM
Post #11

Mr Malmstedt, "reality" is that I'm taken seriously enough to have a good job where I bring in decent export money for my Swedish employer.
Post all the angry answers you want; I couldn't be bothered wasting my time arguing with some silly bugger who should be out starting his own finance business based on his years of experience, instead of posting dumb replies to things he obviously hasn't understood!
+
*Örjan Malmstedt*
post 11.Sep.2005, 05:04 PM
Post #12

Matt
1. I was working as a chief of economy for 35 years. Don´t need any stupid
advice from you.
2. Do you know what it takes to start a small company in Sweden today?
It´s almost impossible.
3. Calling us Nazi dinosaurs only proves to me on what level you are.
Plus the fact that you are insulting all unemployed people who can´t get
a job because this stupid government is not able to do its job.
4. Calling me dumb is a part of our democracy. Be my guest. If I don´t
agree with you then I am stupid. That tells me a lot about you.

To me you seem like an old social democrat that can´t take it when somebody gives you criticism.

Not gonna waste anymore time on you. Will continue to try to find a job as I have done for the last 3 and a half years.
+
*Ender Mark*
post 11.Sep.2005, 10:05 PM
Post #13

Unemployment rises again

The number of people out of work in Sweden in rose again last month to 263,000, or 5.5 percent of the workforce, according to the Swedish National Labour Market Administration (AMS).

Question : Do we need 263,000 more immigrants OR do we need 263,000 less immigrants ?
+
*Alex Chang*
post 12.Sep.2005, 07:46 AM
Post #14

Ender Mark if the employment policy was better then more immigrants are needed. After all we are all immigrants on here and immigration is not the question. But the real reason is that the jobs are going to low coust countries like August Niclason says, and the government cannot fight this so easy what ever policy it has.
+
*Örjan Malmstedt*
post 12.Sep.2005, 08:52 AM
Post #15

Sill Y and Dimitri:

Thanks! I will take your advice.
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: