The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
18 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > »    Reply to this topic

The misery of trying to find apartment in sweden

But everybody seems happy.

pepitoAndalucia
post 4.Jan.2019, 06:10 PM
Post #196

Another example that the rental system in sweden is a ticking bomb.

https://mitti.se/nyheter/dromlya-bostadsko-...?omrade=lidingo

A tenant who queued for over 35 years in Stockholm's housing queue eventually got an apartment conveyed to him - a new record.

The gender of Bostadsförmedlingen in Stockholm continues to grow.

At the end of 2018, nearly 640,000 people are waiting for housing and the waiting period for the entire county is on average 10 years.

But the waiting times differ greatly between the municipalities and they are those who wait well much longer than that.

Last year Anna Wedeman got her dream song in Vasastan after 33 years in the housing queue. With that, she ended up on the top list of the longest times in the queue which then received a residence mediated.

One on the list was then 34 years for a two-room apartment in Södermalm which was conveyed in 2017. A record that has now had to look at the battle.

Yeah sure that happens in other countries too...

Sweden mental state is... I don't want to see, I don't want to hear about it, I don't want to talk about it.
Go to the top of the page
+
pepitoAndalucia
post 4.Jan.2019, 06:24 PM
Post #197

QUOTE (wallace1837 @ 30.Dec.2018, 05:42 AM) *
Always asking personal question when the dysfunctions of Sweden are exposed.

Sweden does not like inconvenient questions. So they use passive intimidation like spying on your private life or asking questions like these.

What they don't count with is I am Spanish and my testicles are the size of a bull, so no viking is going to intimidate me because as we say in my culture

"Victoria o muerte". Victory or death.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 4.Jan.2019, 06:45 PM
Post #198

And yet he wonders about why no woman will sit next to him on a bus!!! laugh.gif
+
pepitoAndalucia
post 4.Jan.2019, 10:04 PM
Post #199

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 4.Jan.2019, 07:45 PM) *
And yet he wonders about why no woman will sit next to him on a bus!!! laugh.gif

I have never had that problem in Spain EVER. Only in Sweden.

I have spoken with other people and they have told me it's normal in sweden, specially if you are not blond blue eyed.

Just something to give you some reality check about your mighty ultra progressive country.

https://www.savemysweden.com/swedes-socially-incompetent/

READ.

Gabriel Kuhn, philosophy doctor in poststructuralism, blames the failed integration in Sweden on the Swedish people. The Swedes are “socially incompetent,” he writes on Aftonbladet Debatt today, claiming that they face a “serious social problem” that cannot be solved with money.

It is not very good for the so-called multicultural integration in Sweden. But translator Gabriel Kuhn in Aftonbladet today writes that this is not primarily the fault of immigrants, but the Swedes.

He writes that the Swedes are “socially incompetent” and that there is an important explanation as to why integration does not work.

According to Kuhn, the Swedes are unwilling to talk with recently arrived refugees. In fact several immigrants he met reportedly told him that he is the first Swedish person they have spoken to.

“Sweden has been more open to migrants than other European countries. The government places considerable resources on providing new housing, food and language training. Yet Sweden has one of the most segregated societies in Europe. There are several reasons for this, but social incapacity is a central puzzle piece,” he writes.

I realize that the real fake news are the ones I have been watching my entire life where scandinavians were supposed to be super progressive and us undeveloped people. We may not have as good job security and money but for sure we are more honest and speak about problems, in sweden SILENCE and always trying to KILL the messenger by isolating him or like in this forum insulting and dismissing any proof. That must be how progressive countries work.
+
pepitoAndalucia
post 4.Jan.2019, 10:13 PM
Post #200

Another good article, difficult to find due to the media black out about the subject.

https://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?artikel=6283881

“It takes an average of 8.4 years to get an apartment here. By comparison, in cities like Oslo, Amsterdam, Helsinki and Brussels it takes one to two weeks," said Hannah.

Just imagine having to wait 8 years to find stable rental when in most countries in Europe it takes two weeks.

In my lazy and disorganized country we wait two weeks to one month to find rental apartment with contracts of 5 years. No queues, no black market.

This is how the rental market is stalled to force people buy apartments. Seems like a plan until sweden loses all its companies because they will move to countries where people don't have to queue for a decent apartment ;-)

According to Hannah, it takes an average of 10 years to build an apartment building in Sweden.

But wait wasn't I commenting over and over about the black market in sweden regarding rentals while others in this forum dismissed it as lies.

This is from the article and I quote.

Highly regulated rental housing in Sweden tends to result in a black market for contracts.

https://www.lvblcity.com/blog/2015/2/stockh...on-sek-industry

It's good to be on denial because you can say over and over it's not true while the ship is sinking.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 4.Jan.2019, 10:14 PM
Post #201

And you left the land of your birth to live in Sweden...
+
pepitoAndalucia
post 4.Jan.2019, 10:27 PM
Post #202

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 4.Jan.2019, 11:14 PM) *
And you left the land of your birth to live in Sweden...

What are you doing in the USA if you think your country is so mighty?.

My country is far from perfect however:

- We talk about problems and take the streets to demand a solution.
- We don't silence people and our media speak about the problems that affect us like unemployment and political corruption
- We don't dismiss problems.

Now sweden:

- People are passive, no social response to big problems like housing.
- Swedes don't like critics, usually they kill the messenger or ignore the problem.
- Passivity or silence. Just look at the media in sweden.

If 1 million people were in the queue to find rentals in Spain we would have made headlines everywhere and swedes would laugh at us saying that we are too lazy to build fast enough. But since it's happening in sweden they only make excuses saying the know all the facts but nothing is being done. This problem has been happening since 2000 but swedes know all the facts. Excuses and more excuses and passive attitude looking the other way and pretending nothing serious is happening.

In a globalized world sweden won't be able to compete because there are way better places to do business, more open and friendly for the workforce and CHEAPER.Believe it not it's already happening, some production is being moved to places where taxes are costs are lower and in those countries they don't have the rental issues sweden has.
+
skogsbo
post 4.Jan.2019, 10:31 PM
Post #203

Pep,

Are you homeless?
How many people who put their name down on a list are homeless?
Why should the state provide you with a flat, house etc.. ?
+
wallace1837
post 4.Jan.2019, 10:47 PM
Post #204

QUOTE (skogsbo @ 4.Jan.2019, 10:31 PM) *
Pep,. Are you homeless? . How many people who put their name down on a list are homeless? . Why should the state provide you with a flat, house etc.. ?

Always asking personal question when the dysfunctions of Sweden are exposed.
"
Whataboutism
(also known as whataboutery) is a variant of the tu quoque logical fallacy that attempts to discredit an opponent's position by charging them with hypocrisy without directly refuting or disproving their argument, which in the United States is particularly associated with Soviet and Russian propaganda. When criticisms were leveled at the Soviet Union during the Cold War, the Soviet response would often be "What about..." followed by an event in the Western world." source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism
+
skogsbo
post 4.Jan.2019, 10:51 PM
Post #205

Asking how many people who have their names down on a list isn't personal?

If a person makes dozens of posts complaining about a lack of housing you'd think they'd happily share why it impacts them.

Or perhaps it doesn't. They aren't homeless.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 4.Jan.2019, 11:06 PM
Post #206

"Whataboutism"

AKA: Tit for tat!!!

AKA: Pot calling the kettle black!!!

Ad nauseam!!!

Nothing new about the subject word!!! laugh.gif
+
wallace1837
post 5.Jan.2019, 03:04 AM
Post #207

Personal question:
Are you homeless?

Whataboutism:
How many people who put their name down on a list are homeless?

Whataboutism:
Why should the state provide you with a flat, house etc.. ?

Now back to the dysfunctional housing system of Sweden.
+
wallace1837
post 5.Jan.2019, 03:06 AM
Post #208

QUOTE (pepitoAndalucia @ 4.Jan.2019, 06:06 PM) *

Really good link, thanks pepito!
+
skogsbo
post 5.Jan.2019, 08:37 AM
Post #209

Whataboutery... teenage speak for irrelevance?

Asking someone how the state housing waiting list impacts them is not irrelevant, especially on a thread of that title, which they seem happy to dominate?
+
Bsmith
post 5.Jan.2019, 12:02 PM
Post #210

QUOTE (pepitoAndalucia @ 4.Jan.2019, 09:04 PM) *
I have spoken with other people and they have told me it's normal in sweden, specially if you are not blond blue eyed.

You have a chip on your shoulder the size of Mount Everest.

First off, not all Swedes are blonde and blue eyed. And second, you moved to Sweden. Either make peace with that or move back to your homeland where you are (supposedly) so much more happy. Constantly whining about how you hate Sweden is not how "progressive" people act.
+

18 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Reply to this topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: