The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

A dummies guide to unlocking an iPhone 4

For a dummy

Hamsterdam
post 24.Oct.2012, 09:37 PM
Post #1

Hi, A topic that has been hit on before.

I have a iphone 4 that has 1 year left on it's Telia contract. I don't want software or guides. I would like to find a nice little shop in Stockholm where I can get this unlocked so I can put in my work sim and use it till it dies (the phone that is)

Any help much appreciated.

PS 6.5K SEK for an iphone 5 is robbery. I can buy a car for that in the UK wink.gif
Go to the top of the page
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 24.Oct.2012, 09:44 PM
Post #2

What happened to "land lines"?... I am lost in your world...however I own an Oooma...No land line charge for anything.

Is it available where you are?
+
byke
post 24.Oct.2012, 09:53 PM
Post #3

You can only get a software unlock, which means when the next update comes out it will be locked again.

The only way you can get it factory unlocked is through telia itself.
+
edd1
post 25.Oct.2012, 07:52 AM
Post #4

All phone companies will unlock iPhones for around 300:- after you have had the phone one year. Its just to call them or stop by a telia shop so they can input the IMEI number into the system, after that you would need to sync the phone with iTunes where it will be unlocked by Apple. This is the best way to unlock!

This is a hardware unlock and will be permanent!

Software unlocks can be a problem depending which software you are running! (if you have updated to iOS 6 I don't think there is an unlock, iOS 5 is possible though.
+
Hamsterdam
post 29.Oct.2012, 02:23 PM
Post #5

Thanks for the information Edd. smile.gif Spot on.

The phone company that the contract was with unlocked permanently for 300Kr.
+
edd1
post 30.Oct.2012, 09:17 AM
Post #6

Hi!

No worries! I think you did the right thing there! I've been unlocking iPhones since I got the first one in 2007 and its a pain. Much better with the official unlock as your free to update software at will.

Cheers :-)
+
Hisingen
post 30.Oct.2012, 06:14 PM
Post #7

There is always a bloody big hammer and a screwdriver, but maybe you won't have much use for the cellphone afterwards- - - - - cool.gif
+
byke
post 1.Nov.2012, 07:11 AM
Post #8

Smartphones ...
+
Pooya
post 4.Aug.2014, 07:16 PM
Post #9

All phone companies will unlock iPhones for around 300:- after you have had the phone one year. Its just to call them or stop by a telia shop so they can input the IMEI number into the system, after that you would need to sync the phone with iTunes where it will be unlocked by Apple. This is the best way to unlock!
Bes
+
Pooya
post 19.Aug.2014, 12:08 AM
Post #10

QUOTE (Hamsterdam @ 24.Oct.2012, 10:37 PM) *
Hi, A topic that has been hit on laga iphone 5 before. I have a iphone 4 that has 1 year left on it's Telia contract. I don't want software or guides. I would like to ... (show full quote)

just google it...
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: