The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
138 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > »    Reply to this topic

Merit Rating 2017 - Sweden MS Applicants

Selection Groups & Results

Rafael8
post 7.Feb.2017, 09:51 AM
Post #136

Yeah right lol.

For all those who haven't find any change regarding statuses yet, well stay cool because there is nothing to worried about as me too experiencing the same pace.This is the first week of feb not march, lol. calm your mind, fire your heart is the only thing they want from us now tongue.gif
Go to the top of the page
+
Netsec
post 7.Feb.2017, 10:13 AM
Post #137

QUOTE (Rafael8 @ 7.Feb.2017, 10:51 AM) *
Yeah right lol.For all those who haven't find any change regarding statuses yet, well stay cool because there is nothing to worried about as me too experiencing the same p ... (show full quote)

Sure but still in process, at least we can get qualified. j/k. Too early I guess.
+
Aal22
post 7.Feb.2017, 11:20 AM
Post #138

What I do is check the website 10000 times a day. That doesn't speed the process up?? laugh.gif hahah
+
Albert100791
post 7.Feb.2017, 11:42 AM
Post #139

QUOTE (Aal22 @ 7.Feb.2017, 11:20 AM) *
What I do is check the website 10000 times a day. That doesn't speed the process up?? laugh.gif hahah

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one doing this lol.
Although I'm utterly discouraged checking the statics over and over... I wish I wouldn't have known about them haha. Actually, from 700 applicants from last year, they cutted down to just 90 elegible... I wonder what they do!
+
itsmegeorge
post 7.Feb.2017, 12:25 PM
Post #140

QUOTE (Albert100791 @ 7.Feb.2017, 12:42 PM) *
I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one doing this lol.Although I'm utterly discouraged checking the statics over and over... I wish I wouldn't have known a ... (show full quote)

How do you know how many are eligible?
+
Albert100791
post 7.Feb.2017, 01:16 PM
Post #141

QUOTE (itsmegeorge @ 7.Feb.2017, 12:25 PM) *
How do you know how many are eligible?

Well, I've just done some maths tongue.gif ( I'm talking about last year admissions year ) You have the total number of applications. Then you go to Urval 1 or Urval 2 and you have the admitted students and the rseserved ones. In my case, it was a total of 700 applications. 32 admitted, 60 reserve.

I have free time at work. lol.
+
Aal22
post 7.Feb.2017, 02:28 PM
Post #142

Hi all,

Is anyone here applying for the Global Scholarship at Lund University? Also, does anyone know how many scholarships they usually grant a year?
+
geof_TZ_2243
post 8.Feb.2017, 11:40 AM
Post #143

My worst fear just came to life...got this form ua.se today:

Please note that the TOEFL result slip must be sent directly from ETS to University Admissions in Sweden with 'Institution code: 3477'. Make a request to ETS to send the result as soon as possible.

You can find more information regarding what English tests are accepted and what scores are required at Universityadmissions.se.

Its crazy though, right!? What exactly is the transport mechanism that TOEFL results take weeks (my shipping date was Jan 16) to move from Princeton, New Jersey (ETS HEAD Offices) to reach Stockholm, Sweden... angry.gif

Anyway, I take comfort at the fact that I already had a fail-safe (and it has worked). Before taking my TOEFL i submitted another form of English proficiency proof and, according to a correspondent I just talked to from uas, that was enough for English Level 6 requirement. My TOEFL gives me Level 7 status. Hurraay... biggrin.gif

But still, someone please calm my frustration, angry.gif , 4-6 weeks NJ to Stockholm...????!!!!???
+
Rafael8
post 8.Feb.2017, 12:09 PM
Post #144

QUOTE (geof_TZ_2243 @ 8.Feb.2017, 12:40 PM) *
My worst fear just came to life...got this form ua.se today:Please note that the TOEFL result slip must be sent directly from ETS to University Admissions in Sweden with ' ... (show full quote)

It is always be the best if you are exempted. If you have this option, and you can document it then go for it without taking any sec further. English proficiency test results create a big mess when it comes to UAS. Huge number of students failed to achieve the requirement every year and their applications go vain. Well i see, you had a luck and it counted. you must proud that you documented every test, Good for you.
+
Aal22
post 8.Feb.2017, 01:13 PM
Post #145

QUOTE (geof_TZ_2243 @ 8.Feb.2017, 01:40 PM) *
My worst fear just came to life...got this form ua.se today:Please note that the TOEFL result slip must be sent directly from ETS to University Admissions in Sweden with ' ... (show full quote)

I know! It is crazy the time it takes to arrive. I ordered mine to be sent Dec 18th thinking I was way early. It was sent Dec 26th and arrived 3 days before the deadline (Jan 27th). It was very nerve-racking. I had also submitted that my bachelor degree was taught in English but didn't know if they would accept that. Anyway, I agree, the mailing time is ridiculous. One more thing, when I contacted ETS they said "Our records indicate that this institution has access to the ETS Data Manager and is able to view your score report online.", so why don't they just do that I wonder.

I'm glad you had back up!
+
Albert100791
post 8.Feb.2017, 01:41 PM
Post #146

QUOTE (geof_TZ_2243 @ 8.Feb.2017, 11:40 AM) *

Oh my god... that's unbelievable!! Your comment scared me regarding my English proficiency.
I've submitted just the CAE certificate, where they state the final results ( Cambridge ESOL )

Should be enough right? I don't think they needed the statement of results as well...

· You must submit a scan/copy of your Certificate. A Statement of Results cannot be accepted.

· Upload a scan of your original test results using the document uploading function on this website. You can also send a copy of your test results to us via regular post.

So.. I don't understand the second point. I'm a bit lost right now!
+
geof_TZ_2243
post 8.Feb.2017, 02:55 PM
Post #147

QUOTE (Aal22 @ 8.Feb.2017, 02:13 PM) *
I know! It is crazy the time it takes to arrive. I ordered mine to be sent Dec 18th thinking I was way early. It was sent Dec 26th and arrived 3 days before the deadline ( ... (show full quote)

This is the same thing an ETS correspondent told me via phone. So it means uas only waits for hardcopy results or what... dry.gif

QUOTE (Albert100791 @ 8.Feb.2017, 02:41 PM) *
Oh my god... that's unbelievable!! Your comment scared me regarding my English proficiency.I've submitted just the CAE certificate, where they state the final ... (show full quote)

Hey Albert, I'm not so sure about other English proficiency tests, but concerning TOEFLs, uas seems pretty strict that they want it straight from ETS. I think the same applies for IETLS (maybe, I don't know). If they've not poked you yet, you're in the clear!

And for those calling uas directly via phone (using local charges), make sure your balance is good.. laugh.gif lmaooo!!! UAS waits you out for like 2-3 minutes before allowing a correspondent to take your call...what's with that..
+
Albert100791
post 8.Feb.2017, 04:21 PM
Post #148

QUOTE (geof_TZ_2243 @ 8.Feb.2017, 02:55 PM) *
Hey Albert, I'm not so sure about other English proficiency tests, but concerning TOEFLs, uas seems pretty strict that they want it straight from ETS. I think the same app ... (show full quote)

Well, I've submitted my English Advanced Certificate. This certificate shows the overrall score of the test, and the scores of each section ( Reading, Listening... )

This is what is stated on university admissions:

"Cambridge English Language Assessment
For English 5 - Cambridge English: First (First Certificate in English) grade A, B or C
For English 6 - Cambridge English: Advanced (Certificate in Advanced English)
For English 7 - Cambridge English: Proficiency (Certificate of Proficiency in English)

* Please note: the Cambridge English First Certificate no longer fulfils the general entry requirements for studies in Sweden.

Submitting your Cambridge English test results

·You must submit a scan/copy of your Certificate. A Statement of Results cannot be accepted.

·Upload a scan of your original test results using the document uploading function on this website. You can also send a copy of your test results to us via regular post.

So.. I can take that uploading the certificate where the results are shown, should be enough right? I'm so worried right now lol.
+
Aal22
post 8.Feb.2017, 04:31 PM
Post #149

QUOTE (geof_TZ_2243 @ 8.Feb.2017, 04:55 PM) *
This is the same thing an ETS correspondent told me via phone. So it means uas only waits for hardcopy results or what... dry.gif

Yes, only hard copies.

QUOTE (Albert100791 @ 8.Feb.2017, 06:21 PM) *
Well, I've submitted my English Advanced Certificate. This certificate shows the overrall score of the test, and the scores of each section ( Reading, Listening... )This i ... (show full quote)

You know I have found that the best way to get a response is to ask University Admissions on the "chat" option. You have to wait until it's working hours but you get an immediate answer and it's not automatically generated like when you send an email. The chat agent will check your application and if they tell you your English proficiency is already registered and given a level (English 6 or 7) then it has been accepted and you are good.
+
Metatron
post 8.Feb.2017, 05:27 PM
Post #150

Master's Programme:
Electrophysics,KTH
IN PROGRESS

Wireless, Photonics and Space Engineering, Chalmers
IN PROGRESS

Master's programme in Wireless Communications, Lund
IN PROGRESS

I can't wait one more month...
+

138 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Reply to this topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: