Reply to this topic

Can Work/Travel to Scotland with Swedish Permit?

Uppehalls- och arbets and work in EU?

masood
post 2.Feb.2013, 10:16 AM
Post #1

Hi all,

I've granted "UPPEHÅLLS- OCH ARBETSTILLSTÅND". I had a phone interview for a job in Scotland and I have two questions:

1. Can I go to Scotland with my Swedish permit to have my next interview or I need to apply for a UK Visa?
2. Generally, when I apply for jobs in EU I don't if I can say I have work permit in EU or not. Having "UPPEHÅLLS- OCH ARBETSTILLSTÅND" and Swedish passport makes different in working in EU?

Any idea or comment. I will appreciate that.

Regards
Go to the top of the page
+
rtharper
post 2.Feb.2013, 12:01 PM
Post #2

QUOTE (masood @ 2.Feb.2013, 10:16 AM) *
Hi all,I've granted "UPPEHÅLLS- OCH ARBETSTILLSTÅND". I had a phone interview for a job in Scotland and I have two questions:1. Can I go to Scotland with my Sw ... (show full quote)

No, as the UK is not in the Schengen Area, if you require a visa to visit the UK, then you must apply for one. If you don't usually require a visa in order to visit (as a tourist), then you can go to the UK for a job interview without a visa.

2. Generally, when I apply for jobs in EU I don't if I can say I have work permit in EU or not. Having "UPPEHÅLLS- OCH ARBETSTILLSTÅND" and Swedish passport ma ... (show full quote)

I am not entirely sure what you mean, but if you intend to take up a job in a new country, you must apply for a work permit in that country. Having a Swedish work permit has no effect on that process.
+
masood
post 2.Feb.2013, 03:44 PM
Post #3

@rtharper- Thanks for your reply.
regarding my second question, in some job applications, it is asked "if I you are eligible to work in EU?"
and I am not sure if I am or not.

Regards
+
oddsock
post 2.Feb.2013, 08:14 PM
Post #4

You will probably have to answer no. When they say eligible to work in the EU I think they mean the entire EU, and not just a single country (e.g. Sweden).
+
masood
post 3.Feb.2013, 08:52 AM
Post #5

@oddsock - and in which situation someone might have permission to work in the entire EU? Every country has its own work permission as far as I found.
+
johnjohn
post 3.Feb.2013, 09:22 AM
Post #6

With few exceptions if you are an EU/EEA citizen you can work anywhere in the EU.
+
Yorkshireman
post 3.Feb.2013, 11:31 AM
Post #7

2. Generally, when I apply for jobs in EU I don't if I can say I have work permit in EU or not. Having "UPPEHÅLLS- OCH ARBETSTILLSTÅND" and Swedish passport ma ... (show full quote)

If You have a Swedish Passport, then You are a Swedish Citizen (= EU Citizen), you are able to travel and work freely within the EU, there are no restrictions.
+
oddsock
post 3.Feb.2013, 06:06 PM
Post #8

Yes, Masood, do you have a Swedish passport? If you do then you can work wherever you want in the EU and you will not need a visa to enter the UK.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

3,698 Jobs
Click here to start your job search

Popular articles