The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Parental Kidnapping / Parental alienation

Removing a child from Spain to Sweden

Joseph James
post 28.Jan.2017, 12:03 AM
Post #1

Until February 2014 myself and my Swedish girlfriend have been in a relationship for approximately 18 years. The last 8 years of the relationship became more difficult as time went on. We lived most of our lives within the UK and attended relationship counselling but as a last resort to try and improve our lives we moved to Spain with our 4 year old daughter (born in UK).

After a further period of approx 3 years living in Spain (with more counselling) it became clear that the relationship was defintely over. We separated and lived apart for the following few months. My partner clearly did not accept our separation and without any agreement or consent from me she removed our daughter from her integrated life in Spain to Sweden.

Unfortunately my ex-partner used the fact that we were not married and my name was never written on my child's birth certificate in the UK so that she could leave without protest from me. I have relentlessly tried to keep a thread of contact with my daughter but this is mostly blocked and influenced by my ex partner. I have of course involved a spanish lawyer who is preparing a hearing based on the illegal removal of a child from another parent.

But now after two years my ex partner has sent a petition from a local swedish court asking that I perform a paternity test after using the excuse that I was not the father to remove my child from her life in Spain...why would someone do this and what do they hope to achieve?
Go to the top of the page
+
LLHope
post 28.Jan.2017, 11:50 AM
Post #2

QUOTE (Joseph James @ 28.Jan.2017, 12:03 AM) *
But now after two years my ex partner has sent a petition from a local swedish court asking that I perform a paternity test after using the excuse that I was not the father to ... (show full quote)

She might be trying to tell you that she slept with someone else. Probably also the reason for moving to Spain to distance herself from that person(s) and try to hide the guilt. Just agree and have the paternity test, then decide on the next steps.
Go to the top of the page
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: