The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Mr whippy soft ice cream

Im looking for parks and beaches to sell ice cream

mrwhippysofticecream
post 13.Sep.2012, 01:04 AM
Post #1

I'm looking for pitches at camping sites and beaches or busy town centres to sell Mr whippy soft ice cream and whippy frozen yogurts.
If you own a pitch at a site where I can site a kiosk please get in touch I will pay you between 10 and 20% of the takngs everyday.

I'm also interested in putting kiosks or ice cream vans on lakes, busy picnic area's and shopping centres.

Thanks in advance
Go to the top of the page
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 13.Sep.2012, 01:55 AM
Post #2

Getting a bit along in the season for ice cream, etc..

Don't you think?
+
Puffin
post 13.Sep.2012, 08:08 AM
Post #3

The ice-cream season is mostly May-September and after that is is more coffee/bullar or hotdogs that people buy from street vendors

Do you have all the kommun licences/health certificates for your business and are just looking for a pitch? or are you just starting out?

You could look on Blocket - sometimes people sell their entire business including the equipment
+
mrwhippysofticecream
post 13.Sep.2012, 10:10 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 13.Sep.2012, 01:55 AM) *
Getting a bit along in the season for ice cream, etc... Don't you think?

[quote name='Puffin' date='13.Sep.2012, 08:08 AM' post='764658']
The ice-cream season is mostly May-September and after that is is more coffee/bullar or hotdogs that people buy from street vendors

Do you have all the kommun licences/health certificates for your business and are just looking for a pitch? or are you just starting out?

You could look on Blocket - sometimes people sell their entire business including the equipmentp
[/quote
Thanks for the reply we are nationwide in the UK
We are looking for pitches from march next year
www.mrwhippysofticecream.co.uk
+
Snood
post 13.Sep.2012, 10:18 AM
Post #5

Bloody hell that website is awful, my retinas now hurt. I can't remember the last time I saw such disjointed, poorly laid out, colour clashing "design".

If you think your best way of expanding your business is to post on a forum where people mostly discuss immigration issues and self raising (or is it rising) flour then i wouldn't hold out much hope. Have you even been to Sweden?
+
Rick Methven
post 13.Sep.2012, 12:48 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (mrwhippysofticecream @ 13.Sep.2012, 02:04 AM) *
I'm looking for pitches at camping sites and beaches or busy town centres to sell Mr whippy soft ice cream and whippy frozen yogurts.If you own a pitch at a site where I c ... (show full quote)

You will need a health certificate and a premises that you make the stuff before going into a certified van.

It is highly unlikely that the chilled chemical soup that you laughingly call "Ice cream" would pass the Swedish food safety standards.
+
sometimesinsweden
post 13.Sep.2012, 12:59 PM
Post #7

They already sell it in G'burg and specifically in Liseberg - its called mjuk-glass.

Tastes exactly the same as Mr Whippy and kids love it...
+
Johno
post 13.Sep.2012, 01:39 PM
Post #8

Rick showing his age and unworldliness here. Soft ice cream manufacture doesnt need premises. The dispenser mixes/dissolves powder with water, freezes and aerates (whips) it to mix in air bubbles and delivers it on demand with very little actually stored. My guess is that all brands are nearly the same and of course many places in Sweden sell the stuff - mjuk-glass as above. Personally their ice cream is the only reason we have to ever visit MacDonalds. Their soft ice cream cones for 9 or 10kr are ok and half the price of eurobrand Cornettos..

ps As a company web site the MrWhippy one really is crap.
+
Rick Methven
post 13.Sep.2012, 01:57 PM
Post #9

sure the machine mixes the goo and pumps the air into it BUT the ingredients have to be stored correctly and cleanly and the machines have to be cleaned properly it is a food stuff and sold as fresh food so must meet the health standards of fresh dairy produce even if there is not a drop of milk/cream anywhere near the stuff.
+
Johno
post 13.Sep.2012, 02:18 PM
Post #10

Our expert has the last word or should that be sentence. No, wait, it's 2 sentences ! And they talk about the standards of English of young folk today !
+
Snood
post 13.Sep.2012, 03:42 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (Rick Methven @ 13.Sep.2012, 01:57 PM) *
sure the machine mixes the goo and pumps the air into it BUT the ingredients have to be stored correctly and cleanly and the machines have to be cleaned properly it is a food ... (show full quote)

I worked for a summer at a place which sold soft ice cream. The stuff we used is what is most common, a pre-mix which comes in 1 litre tetrapak cartons. the stuff does contain real cream, not much but it is in there. it also contains lots of sugar and plenty of additives. It can be stored at room temperature in the same way as UHT milk. It only needs to be refrigerated prior to use, this is only so that the machine doesn't have to do as much work to freeze it. the machine has a hopper which holds a number of litres of the mix and a mixing/freezing chamber. up to 60% of the final product is air. So 1 litre of mix will make over 2 litres of ice cream.

It's not great stuff and after reading the ingredients I did think twice about having some but with a waffle cone and a flake it's nice enough. not as good as hand made of course. but it serves it's purpose.

It's not sold as fresh, where have you aver seen the word "fresh" associated with soft ice cream? nobody claims it's fresh.

Seriously though.. that website. what a pile of crap.
+
johnjohn
post 13.Sep.2012, 05:48 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (Snood @ 13.Sep.2012, 09:18 AM) *
Bloody hell that website is awful, my retinas now hurt. I can't remember the last time I saw such disjointed, poorly laid out, colour clashing "design".If you th ... (show full quote)

What is self raising ,or rising flour called in Sweden and where do I find it!
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 13.Sep.2012, 06:00 PM
Post #13

Across the street from the Fish@Chips store! blink.gif
+
byke
post 13.Sep.2012, 06:36 PM
Post #14

Margaret Thatcher approves this thread.
+
AW1
post 13.Sep.2012, 06:55 PM
Post #15

Swedish Mjukglass is much better than Mr Whippy! Mainly because it's Swedish! cool.gif
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: