The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
125 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > »    Reply to this topic

Work permit waiting time statistics

Let us share

jack terry
post 7.Jun.2016, 07:50 AM
Post #196

Hello all

i have one more query i got case officer for my new work permit file.i send additional documents also but still decision is pending may i know when the summer vacations and for how many days migrationsverket is closed.
Go to the top of the page
+
Joanna in Sweden
post 7.Jun.2016, 08:40 AM
Post #197

Hi jdavin81,

I wrote the email via MIGs website asking for the name of case officer and contact information. Efter 4 dags I received a mail with all the information I requested. That's all.
+
wirefire
post 14.Jun.2016, 02:50 PM
Post #198

Hi @Jack terry, how did you know you got a case officer ? did you get an email from the MV saying that you got a case officer ?
+
jack terry
post 14.Jun.2016, 04:30 PM
Post #199

hello wirefire

yes got email from case officer for addtional documents
+
hatim
post 14.Jun.2016, 06:59 PM
Post #200

QUOTE (LLHope @ 9.May.2016, 09:09 PM) *
Be careful what you wish for, it is always easy to compare when you see things you want ...There are other EU Member States that have work permit rules that only allow an empl ... (show full quote)

Good news people waiting for permit extension.

Thankfully migration board has the ability to think for it self, they are doing what we (people with families and friends outside of Sweden and waiting for permit extension) have "wished" for

See here
http://www.migrationsverket.se/Privatperso...stillstand.html
+
inmortus
post 14.Jun.2016, 08:15 PM
Post #201

Mmmm, not quite.

if I understand correctly, they are suggesting that if you are waiting for an extension, you go abroad, and then apply for a visit visa to get back in?

Kind of defeats the purpose of knowing you can come back when you have to apply for a visa from outside Sweden... Plus this application can take up to two weeks...

Personally I would prefer something like going to an office here, showing you have applied, and getting a date-stamped sticker on your passport or similar for re-entry... But that would be too easy...
+
Unfake
post 15.Jun.2016, 11:21 AM
Post #202

hatim, it sounds good but it looks like it doesn't work (at least now). That is the answer I got from embassy:

In response to your question regarding leaving Sweden during the time you are waiting for your decision I would like to inform you might not be able to enter Sweden again. We are very restrictive with issuing visas when the applicant has an ongoing permit process with the Migrations Agency.

There is a big chance you will stuck abroad - the same as without that temporary visas.
+
hatim
post 15.Jun.2016, 12:37 PM
Post #203

QUOTE (Unfake @ 15.Jun.2016, 10:21 AM) *
hatim, it sounds good but it looks like it doesn't work (at least now). That is the answer I got from embassy:In response to your question regarding leaving Sweden during ... (show full quote)

I think this is the case where embassy staff who replied to you didn't get the memo or are giving incomplete information. I think that not every one is eligible for such visas (only if there is a long waiting time). Why else would a government agency publish this on their website?

This information is new (published less than a week ago). I would instead ask Migrationsverket about this (if there is any restrictions on who can apply for such visa and how)
+
Unfake
post 16.Jun.2016, 11:23 AM
Post #204

I think this is the case where embassy staff who replied to you didn't get the memo or are giving incomplete information. I think that not every one is eligible for such visas (only if there is a long waiting time). Why else would a government agency publish this on their website?

This information is new (published less than a week ago). I would instead ask Migrationsverket about this (if there is any restrictions on who can apply for such visa and how)

hatim, You will apply for visa in embassy. The people who will decide visa question are in embassy, not in MV. It means that if they haven't sync with MV you can get reject and stuck outside Sweden. I've called to embassy and they were surprised about new statement from MV - they haven't heard about it. So I forwarded their response to MV and now waiting for comment. Also I sent additional questions to the embassy. Let's check reply later.
+
hatim
post 16.Jun.2016, 03:35 PM
Post #205

QUOTE (Unfake @ 16.Jun.2016, 11:23 AM) *
hatim, You will apply for visa in embassy. The people who will decide visa question are in embassy, not in MV. It means that if they haven't sync with MV you can get rejec ... (show full quote)

In Swedish Embassy site for my country I read the following

It is the embassy or consulate that decides whether you are to be granted a visa. In certain cases, the matter is referred to the Swedish Migration Board for a decision.

I believe that Swedish government makes the rules for visas. Migrationsverket is the authority for such rules. Embassies have the right to grant visas but under the rules from Migrationsverket. So I submit again, the left hand does know the right in this case. And you are right that one may be stuck, but it is probably a glitch in the matrix.
+
Anna Banana
post 17.Jun.2016, 08:00 AM
Post #206

Hej Everyone,

Does anyone know if the processing times vary if you go through a consultancy. In my case, the employer has hired human entrance to take care of the visa process.

So I have no idea who is my case officer or what is going on in my case apart from the fact that it is still pending.

I have applied from a work permit from non EU country on the 25th May!

Thanks!
+
Coconut
post 17.Jun.2016, 12:45 PM
Post #207

QUOTE (Alicia59 @ 11.May.2016, 10:33 PM) *
Yes, I'd also like to know. My whole life is basically on hold as it could come any day now.

Alicia,did you get any decision so far so good ,:-/
+
thenonlocal
post 19.Jun.2016, 03:57 PM
Post #208

QUOTE (Anna Banana @ 17.Jun.2016, 09:00 AM) *
Does anyone know if the processing times vary if you go through a consultancy. In my case, the employer has hired human entrance to take care of the visa process.

Human Entrance is certified by MV so, on MV's Time to a decision page, answer Yes to "Is your employer certified with the Swedish Migration Agency?" to get an idea of how much time it takes. For a new work permit in "other industries", it's currently 2-3 months without certification and 1-2 with.
+
Anna Banana
post 20.Jun.2016, 08:32 AM
Post #209

QUOTE (thenonlocal @ 19.Jun.2016, 03:57 PM) *
Human Entrance is certified by MV so, on MV's Time to a decision page, answer Yes to "Is your employer certified with the Swedish Migration Agency?" to get an id ... (show full quote)

Thank you! You are right. The migration agency has made a decision. I am waiting for their post to human entrance smile.gif Do not know what is the decision but it was made in 25 days!

Applied: 25th May 2016
Decision date: 18th June 2016
+
mynewtshirt
post 20.Jun.2016, 02:41 PM
Post #210

Applied: 1st of March
Received decision: 15 of June

Also I have wife from same country that already has work permit. This was stated only in one part of the online application that asked if you have any additional comments or something similar.
Not sure if this has any effect but I am trying to write the most accurate definition of my case.

I believe it is worth stating occupation and country of origin in this topic as well as dates of application because that may play a role in application.

Good luck everyone waiting!
+

125 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: