The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Price of accommodation in Stockholm

*Ple*
post 16.Aug.2006, 11:35 AM
Post #1

Hi, can anyone please give me an idea of rental costs in Stockholm? For either a small one bed apartment or a flat share, in a fairly nice place. Any info much appreciated, tack.
Go to the top of the page
+
Fredrik Andersson
post 16.Aug.2006, 12:53 PM
Post #2

If you are lucky to find a rent control apartment (first hand contract) you might get a real low rent, like 4 000 kr per month for a studio. Those usually require a long wait - in the central parts it might be a 10 year wait. Otherwise it's a market price, where you usually get what you pay for.
+
Faithless
post 16.Aug.2006, 01:11 PM
Post #3

Which is what I pay for a small apartment in a nice area, but the market is such that if you want to live centrally, as an immigrant you probably have to sub let from someone like me, who will charge you 6 000:-

+
*Ple*
post 16.Aug.2006, 02:01 PM
Post #4

6000sek? Really? Wow, I thought it would be more. How about if I was looking for a room in a shared flat, say with 2 other people (professionals, not students)?

Tack så mycket
+
post 16.Aug.2006, 02:01 PM
Post #5

if you don't want to be downtown central, you can probably sublet for about 5-7 thousand for a one-bedroom.

that price goes up to about 8-12 thousand within the city limits.

public transporation is super easy, so if you are working downtown and don't mind a 20-30 minute commute, you can be in many nice areas for a reasonable price.

if you have an employer who is willing to cover the cost, use a service to locate a place for you.
+
*Ple*
post 16.Aug.2006, 02:05 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (007)
if you have an employer who is willing to cover the cost, use a service to locate a place for you.

...I was actually looking for somewhere just to use half of the time - my job is in England and I planned to spend my days off in Stockholm as I work 5 days on and 5 days off. Would people be willing to rent to someone in this situation?
+
post 16.Aug.2006, 02:08 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (Ple)
...I was actually looking for somewhere just to use half of the time - my job is in England and I planned to spend my days off in Stockholm as I work 5 days on and 5 days off. Would people be willing to rent to someone in this situation?

i think you would be someone's ideal tennant. people all over the world love renting to someone who is rarely in the flat.

the "where" is then critical
+
*Ple*
post 16.Aug.2006, 02:13 PM
Post #8

That's great, thanks for your help. Do you happen to know if there are any regulations against buying property in Sweden if you are a non-national and do not work there?
+
post 16.Aug.2006, 02:15 PM
Post #9

definitely not if you're an EU citizen..and most likely not a problem if you're not.

don't know about financing...that might be your obstacle (or not if you have the money)

buying is definitely the way to go if you ask me. but that's just my thought on it :wink:
+
*Ple*
post 16.Aug.2006, 02:20 PM
Post #10

Well, I can basically rent in one country and buy in the other. I already own here in the UK but, dependant on markets, I'd be more than willing to consider selling up here to buy there. Any sites you know of where I could get an idea of property prices? (Pref in English - Jag talar inte bra Svenska sad.gif )
+
Faithless
post 16.Aug.2006, 02:23 PM
Post #11

Theres a lot of complaining about housing shortages in Stockholm, but I think its mainly about the central areas.

I'm sure one can get hold of a flat in the less trendy suburbs quite easily.
Hammarby Sjöstad is screaming for letters from what I hear, which is very nice, though a little pricey.

http://www.hammarbysjostad.se/

Some pics:
http://images.google.com/images?sourceid=n...sa=N&tab=wi
+
post 16.Aug.2006, 02:31 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (Ple)
Well, I can basically rent in one country and buy in the other. I already own here in the UK but, dependant on markets, I'd be more than willing to consider selling up here to buy there. Any sites you know of where I could get an idea of property prices? (Pref in English - Jag talar inte bra Svenska sad.gif )

if you have any swedish at all, www.hemnet.se is a good spot to shop for apartments in stockholm. all of the real estate agents advertise on the site. you can at least see what's on offer, the prices (add between 10-30% to accommodate for the bidding war)

some others might have suggestions for sites in english.
+
*Ple*
post 16.Aug.2006, 02:31 PM
Post #13

It looks very nice, and near the football club too biggrin.gif , thanks for that. How long would it take to travel from there to, say, T-Centralen?
+
Faithless
post 16.Aug.2006, 02:37 PM
Post #14

It's just across the bridge and set on the waterside in the south part of Sthlm, so transport is a little unique.
IIRC, they have their own, efficient tram system that takes you into town.

It's a bit like the Sthlm equivalent to the Docklands, and a certain investment.
A couple of nice restaurants around there too.

( http://www.alltomstockholm.se/Profil.aspx?EntityID=989986 )

Probably only about 7-8 km from T-Centralen.

+
*Ple*
post 16.Aug.2006, 02:38 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (007)
if you have any swedish at all, www.hemnet.se is a good spot to shop for apartments in stockholm. all of the real estate agents advertise on the site. you can at least see what's on offer, the prices (add between 10-30% to accommodate for the bidding war)

some others might have suggestions for sites in english.

My 'little' Swedish is enough to get a brief idea, although many words are still lost on me at this stage sad.gif thanks very much
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: