The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V  < 1 2   Reply to this topic

Stockholm Syndrome

beepner
post 25.Aug.2006, 06:44 PM
Post #16

QUOTE (Elin)
Do you guys know what the Stockholm Syndrome is? Seriously, there is a syndrome called The Stockholm Syndrome.. And it has nothing to do with attitude..

It's like when you fall in love with your captors. Presumably in the originating instance, the kidnappers/whatever they were must have looked like Beiron Andersen or Roxette (yes, I refer to them as a singular organism, like 'The Borg' or 'MaryKateAshley Olsen'). Because surely the first noted case of Stockholm Syndrome wasn't the first time it happened. But you never hear of, say, "Appalaicha Syndrome."

(I'm sure no one will get that. Appalaicha, and I very well could be spelling that wrong, is a backwater hick part of the States.)
Go to the top of the page
+
FR
post 25.Aug.2006, 09:01 PM
Post #17

For those who don't know Appalachia, the region is in white in the map below:

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/55/Appalachian_region_of_United_States.gif[/img]
+
Cj Love Almqvist
post 29.Aug.2006, 09:34 AM
Post #18

[quote="Holecutter >the Howl From Hell"]The way I heard it was like; a flight chocker block full of Swedes, PLO takes over the flight. Gives the Swedes shit, did a number of them in the loo (Boys and girls)

PLO threatens all the people onboard and say they are going to blow the plane up, just then all the Swedes stick there hands in the air and asked the terrorists if they could join the PLO. The terrorists agree, then they all sit around drinking coffee and playing cards until they landed safetly, by that time all the Swedes were paid up members of the PLO and all the Swedes had been goosed royally in return

Rather homophobic fantasy, though you're clearly obsessed with anal sex. So go do it, already!

To the Stockholm syndrome:
you Stockholmers can pop over to the Police Museum and see a full diorama on the Stockholm syndrome. And lots of other unbelievable crimes in full detail. :twisted:
+
*Trowbridge H. Ford*
post 29.Aug.2006, 09:55 AM
Post #19

Is the Stockholm Syndrome the psychological obverse of the JonBenet Ramsey Syndrome - the former being the result of the hostage being obliged to so favor his captor during the process in order to avoid going mad, while the latter is the result of the psychologically disturbed on the sidelines wanting to so get the culprit of a horrible crime that they are, in the end, willing to volunteer themselves as the culprit?

If so, it just shows how few of us can really even trust ourselves.
+
*Trowbridge H. Ford*
post 31.Aug.2006, 08:17 AM
Post #20

See this link for the latest example of the JonBenet Ramsey Syndrome:

http://bobgeiger.blogspot.com/2006/08/blog...to-kennedy.html
+
High Priestess Kang - Slu...
post 31.Aug.2006, 02:27 PM
Post #21

Sad but true.

Being a loyal MSNBC viewer and stuck at home with the yuck, I saw a good amount of the Karr coverage. Talk about a ridiculous waste of air time.

Anytime Rita Cosby is on the beat, it's a good indicator that you need to change the channel. She is one rung away from working for The National Enquirer (or Aftonbladet).
+
Ems
post 31.Aug.2006, 04:08 PM
Post #22

QUOTE (koshka)
...and it's a damn good rock tune by Muse as well.

And also one by Euro Boys.
+

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: