The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Romantic Weekends out from Stockholm

*Pemberton*
post 5.Oct.2006, 01:05 PM
Post #1

For the lovers out there...

Please recommend a hotel or 'resot' near Stockholm that is nice for a weekend getaway. Nothing too expensive of course, but preferable somewhere not having to share a toilet...

Thanks folks.
Go to the top of the page
+
post 5.Oct.2006, 03:02 PM
Post #2

i'm not sure how expensive "too expensive" is, but look into the various hotels in the archipelago. it's off season, and if they're open i can imagine they might have specials. i think Utö has a few places, or at least one. Probably Sandhamn too.

The Grand at Saltsjöbaden can sometimes also offer discounted weekend packages. today they're more a conference hotel, but it still has its old world charm. it's really nice out there.

other cute/romantic "nearby" town are Sigtuna, Trosa, Mariefred. check with their tourist offices. they might have either B&Bs or unrented holiday cottages that can be rented by the night.
+
Mpf
post 5.Oct.2006, 03:11 PM
Post #3

Why not get on one of the many 1, 2 or 3 day cruises? Tallin was quiet nice and cheap.
+
EuroRockChick
post 5.Oct.2006, 03:16 PM
Post #4

why don't you go on a swedish dansbands cruise? They're well fun. Me and my swedish mates went on one and our behaviour was so bad we were fined 2000 kronor.
+
High Priestess Kang - Slu...
post 5.Oct.2006, 03:17 PM
Post #5

Wow. That is quite the recipe for a romantic get-away. A cruise with lewd college kids.
+
*Mgema*
post 5.Oct.2006, 03:19 PM
Post #6

I went in to siljia line for 2 days to finland, the city was nothing really, but in the boat we had a lot of party...specially if you go to the karaoke and sing for the oldies, they get very happy and invite you to cava for the hole night! :wink:
+
EuroRockChick
post 5.Oct.2006, 03:19 PM
Post #7

actually it was mainly 60 plus year old women intent on chatting up the young lads aboard. It was fun, one swede was so drunk he puked in a sink and then ate his own puke.
+
Sir Wobbly Camel
post 5.Oct.2006, 03:22 PM
Post #8

Pemberton: I can recommend this place - it has the Wobbly *seal of approval*
http://www.rosenon.se/

I hope you let a leg over... :wink:
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: