The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Child Support Amount

Are there guidlines Max-Min?

Lanza572
post 19.Sep.2013, 01:41 PM
Post #1

I am just sorting out some sort of child support outside of any court decision.

Is there a minimum and a maximum ?

For example I am unemployed, so would there be a basic amount to pay ?
Go to the top of the page
+
AgeOfReason
post 19.Sep.2013, 02:05 PM
Post #2

The standard is that you divide the cost of living of the child and divide it by 2, and you pay half. However, if your income is greater than the other parents you can agree to split slightly different based upon that. If it goes to court, the court will often look and say that the maintenance you pay is split based upon the type of lifestyle the child would have if it lived with you 50% of the time.

Remember in the calculation that the other parent is receiving child benefit every month, that is supposed to pay for food, clothes and other things also, child benefit in Sweden is for the child not the parent.

The standard amount is approx 1273:-/m. If you can only afford a part of that then the other parent can get the difference (or all of it if you cannot pay anything) from Försäkringskassan.
+
Seamus Sean
post 19.Sep.2013, 03:42 PM
Post #3

You say we should remember that child support in Sweden is for the child not the parent??

Is there some where in the world that child support is not for the child and is for something else and they just got the title wrong???

Have a google there and let me know! blink.gif
+
JulieLou40
post 19.Sep.2013, 04:25 PM
Post #4

No, he/she didn't. They said that child BENEFIT is for the child, not the parent.

Perhaps you should learn to read more carefully, before making sarky replies...
+
Seamus Sean
post 19.Sep.2013, 04:47 PM
Post #5

Ahmmm, read my post once again...real slow this time and you shall see on the first line, towards the end, right hand side, I quote word for word what he/she wrote in the post I was asking my question at, I guess poking your nose into others posts who hinder your ability at reading what has been written...and you say I should learn to read???
+
Seamus Sean
post 19.Sep.2013, 05:05 PM
Post #6

Or is there a difference between child support and child benefit and I´ve pick things up wrong?
+
Seamus Sean
post 19.Sep.2013, 05:24 PM
Post #7

Ah go on answer me...or do you only poke into other´s questions?
+
JulieLou40
post 19.Sep.2013, 08:23 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (AgeOfReason @ 19.Sep.2013, 01:05 PM) *
also, child benefit in Sweden is for the child not the parent.

QUOTE (Seamus Sean @ 19.Sep.2013, 02:42 PM) *
You say we should remember that child support in Sweden is for the child not the parent??Is there some where in the world that child support is not for the child and is for so ... (show full quote)

QUOTE (JulieLou40 @ 19.Sep.2013, 03:25 PM) *
No, he/she didn't. They said that child BENEFIT is for the child, not the parent.. Perhaps you should learn to read more carefully, before making sarky replies...

QUOTE (Seamus Sean @ 19.Sep.2013, 03:47 PM) *
Ahmmm, read my post once again...real slow this time and you shall see on the first line, towards the end, right hand side, I quote word for word what he/she wrote in the post ... (show full quote)

There you go with the sarcastic replies again...but i think you should re-read your own post. You did not quote word for word. They said child benefit, you said child support.

QUOTE (Seamus Sean @ 19.Sep.2013, 04:05 PM) *
Or is there a difference between child support and child benefit and I´ve pick things up wrong?

Are you for real??? You don't know the difference??? Can't actually believe you are a parent...or an adult, come to that.
+
Seamus Sean
post 20.Sep.2013, 05:49 AM
Post #9

God some people take themselves sooo serious, my first post was an attempt at humour...ok you got the hump over my post I sent to someone else, my advice is try and get out a wee bit more and maybe not allow yourself get so wound up over things that don´t really concern you.

Have a nice day!
+
Lanza572
post 20.Sep.2013, 12:00 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (AgeOfReason @ 19.Sep.2013, 02:05 PM) *
The standard is that you divide the cost of living of the child and divide it by 2, and you pay half. However, if your income is greater than the other parents you can agree t ... (show full quote)

I forgot to track this topic dry.gif

So, It's 1273kr per parent which sounds about right if my memory serves correctly that was the amount we received from Social services...hang on, my ex used to get around 1000kr per month from the government for something for my son ?

Anyway, I shall do my best to send the full amount...if and when she gives me her account details mellow.gif
+
Seamus Sean
post 21.Sep.2013, 06:49 AM
Post #11

I´d be a wee bit wary taking advice from Ageofreason Lazza, he or she´s info has been called into question on other threads here so tread lightly!

I think if you are out of work you should pay what you can afford. (I didn´t even need Google to tell me that)

And for Julia, most sorry my post got you all worked up and you got your knickers in a twist over me not knowing the difference between child support and child benefit, I did ask you to explain to me but either you couldn´t or where just down right bad mannered enough to ignore my plea for enlightenment, I hope those little kids don´t get the same treatment when they ask you to explain things? ohmy.gif

So maybe some one else can explain to me, if I pay my ex 1200sek a month for a kid I fathered that is me paying child benefit...right? Or as I am supporting the kid is it child support, I have always called it "maintenance" but it seems getting the terms wrong can lead to people insulting me, question my fatherhood and indeed if I´m an adult at all. sad.gif

It´s horrible to be insulted due to getting terms for something, I´ve done every month, with out question for many years, wrong, my ex never got upset what it was called as long as it landed in her bank account each month! wink.gif
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 21.Sep.2013, 10:34 AM
Post #12

Child benefit or support is a semantic question. In Sweden there are three types of support:

1. Barnbidrag. Paid by the government to the caretaker. At present 1050 SEK per month per child. Every caretaker receives this amount.
2. Underhållsbidrag. Paid by the other parent to the caretaking parent. This amount is negotiable between the parents.
3. Undehållsstöd. Paid by the government to the caretaker if the non-caretaker cannot afford to pay the caretaker at least 1273 SEK/month in underhållsbidrag.

Point 2 and 3 above means that the caretaker is guaranteed at least 1273SEK/m from either the other parent or the government.

When negotiating the amount in step 2, remember that underhållsbidrag should only pay for the expenses of the child, not the parent. Alimony does not exist in Sweden.
+
Lanza572
post 21.Sep.2013, 10:40 AM
Post #13

QUOTE (Bender B Rodriquez @ 21.Sep.2013, 10:34 AM) *
Child benefit or support is a semantic question. In Sweden there are three types of support:1. Barnbidrag. Paid by the government to the caretaker. At present 1050 SEK per mon ... (show full quote)

Thank you. I shall have to google a couple of words to then add to my vocabulary smile.gif

Being unemployed at the moment I can't send a lot anyway, but it isn't as much as I thought it was going to be.

Thanks again for your info :-)
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 21.Sep.2013, 10:45 AM
Post #14

If you are unemployed you should contact Försäkringskassan to calculate the amount you need to pay http://www.forsakringskassan.se/sprak/eng

Since your income is low the other parent should receive underhållstöd from the government instead. You are not expected to pay if you cannot afford it.

Here you have an explanation on how it works: http://www.forsakringskassan.se/sprak/eng/...lGTjFCTExJODk3/
+
Lanza572
post 21.Sep.2013, 10:49 AM
Post #15

I am back in the UK at the moment due to the housing shortage over in Sweden, does this make a difference ?

I just want to support my son.
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: