The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Question about Provanställning contracts

How does this work

aguyinsweden
post 15.May.2017, 08:56 AM
Post #1

Hi all,

I have been working with a company since September 2016. Since I started I signed a Provanställning contract for a 6 month probationary period. It has been over 8 months now since I signed the contract and I have yet to hear anything about an extension. It seems like they are trying to hold off on signing me full time or maybe considering terminating me in a few months.

My question is that in the contract I signed I am only given a 5 day notice/pay if they were to terminate me but since it has been over 6 month since the initial contract do I have any rights? It says that after 6 months if a new contract hasnt been signed then the current one continues but how long can they legally do this?

I just want to be sure I have some sort of protection in the case I am terminated because of lack of work.

Thanks for any help in advance and will be happy to share more details if necessary!
Go to the top of the page
+
LLHope
post 15.May.2017, 05:05 PM
Post #2

QUOTE (aguyinsweden @ 15.May.2017, 08:56 AM) *
My question is that in the contract I signed I am only given a 5 day notice/pay if they were to terminate me but since it has been over 6 month since the initial contract do I ... (show full quote)

That is a special type of employment that is only valid for a minimum of 6 months. Once 6 months has elapsed, if the employer has not terminated the employment by then, then it automatically turns into an until-further-notice employment. Since you have been there 8 months, then you are now fully employed and protected by the normal employment law (LAS). It should be noted that you can still be terminated if there is a lack of work, then either the employment contract terms of notice are valid, or the ones defined in law (based upon the period of employment), depending which gives the larger number of days as minimum. The rule of last-in-first-out applies, so you are less protected than everyone else to some degree just simply because you are new. The sequence of events in the process of any termination is different depending upon if you are a member of a trade union or not. Being a member may not change the result but can delay the process a little wink.gif
+
aguyinsweden
post 16.May.2017, 09:57 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (LLHope @ 15.May.2017, 06:05 PM) *
That is a special type of employment that is only valid for a minimum of 6 months. Once 6 months has elapsed, if the employer has not terminated the employment by then, then i ... (show full quote)

Thanks you so much @LLHope this helps so much. I appreciate you taking the time to explain smile.gif
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: