The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Liability insurance without home insurance

Is there a plain liability ins. in Sweden?

post 15.May.2017, 05:29 PM
Post #1
Joined: 15.May.2017


Just moved to Sweden and wondering if there is a plain liability insurance. I am living with my friend who is the landlord of the place and I do not need a home insurance. However, it seems like in Sweden liability insurance is only part of home insurances. Is there any plain liability insurance?

Thanks for help

Go to the top of the page
post 15.May.2017, 05:51 PM
Post #2
Joined: 17.Jan.2011

Are you sure that you are covered by your friend's home contents insurance?
Go to the top of the page
yet another brit
post 16.May.2017, 06:19 PM
Post #3
Joined: 5.Jan.2013

Your landlord should add you to his home insurance - which he may need to specifically do - then you'll be covered (I think) by his liability insurance (and also theft etc).

If your landlord can't/won't do that, then you need home insurance as a tenant (if you have some kind of actually legal contract...) in any case, to protect your valuables from theft etc. And that policy would include liability insurance.

Ring around the big providers (IF, Trygg Hansa, Folksam etc) and ask.
Go to the top of the page

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: