The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

What action should i do if my boss doe pay me?

I am new here and i don't know what is best to do.

BeSpa
post 15.Jun.2017, 09:18 PM
Post #1

Hello everyone and thank you in advance for your replies. So i moved in Stockholm about 4-5 months ago and the last 3 months i was working in a restaurant from which i quited a week after my employer was not paying me cus i had been in such situations before and i know that it can end up losing lot's of money. Now my employer is already 20 days late paying my salary and always when i call him or i go there he says that he will pay me in 2-3 days also i believe that even if he desides to pay me he will just give in cash to avoid the taxes and from the first moment i told him that i want my pay my taxes normally and that i don't want black money.. Anyone knows what can i do to get my 2 salaries in case he won't pay me?Thank you everyone in advance for your replies and have a happy summer.
Go to the top of the page
+
LLHope
post 15.Jun.2017, 10:59 PM
Post #2

The employer has a debt to you which is the missing salary, tell the employer that if they do not pay by the 26th of this month then you will pass the debt to Kronofogden. This is important because if your employer liquidates the company and the debt is not registered then you will lose out on all of it, if you were still employed then it would be protected somewhat by the salary guarantee process that exists. The risk for your employer is that they can be pushed into liquidation because they haven't paid the salary.
+
wallace1837
post 15.Jun.2017, 11:15 PM
Post #3

Get out of Sweden as soon as possible. Even if they end up paying, you will not be able to renew your work permit because you were fraud by your employer. Yes, that is how it works in Sweden. So don't waste your time here, you will be issue deportation notice in a few months anyway.
+
BeSpa
post 15.Jun.2017, 11:37 PM
Post #4

How do i pass this to kronofogden??well i don't think i can get deportation cus i have European long term residence and i don't really need a Swedish work permit to work here.
+
LLHope
post 15.Jun.2017, 11:55 PM
Post #5

https://www.kronofogden.se/Applicationforin...ctiontopay.html
+
BeSpa
post 16.Jun.2017, 12:48 PM
Post #6

so there is nothing alse i can do like go to the police or some other office?
+
LLHope
post 16.Jun.2017, 04:45 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (BeSpa @ 16.Jun.2017, 12:48 PM) *
so there is nothing alse i can do like go to the police or some other office?

It is not a crime to not pay salary, or a debt for that matter! So the police would not be interested.

If you are the member of a trade union then you can contact them, they normally act swiftly in cases where salary is not paid, and tend to push into bankruptcy employers who do not pay-up quickly.

You should note that since you quit, the employer has to, by law, pay all due monies by the following month of your last day working.

Do not under-estimate the power of just mentioning Kronofogden to your employer. Having debt registered there, especially non-payment of salaries, can mean many companies/suppliers will not trade with them. Mind you, if the employer already has many things with Kronofogden then they are used to it!

Start by mentioning a deadline that you will submit to Kronofogden, then just do it if not paid!
+
BeSpa
post 16.Jun.2017, 06:27 PM
Post #8

Thank you you have been really helpful i ll tell him that i ll use the kronofogden cus he just told me that he waiting for a loan aproval to pay his employees but i don't really believe that and i don't want to lose those money cus i rely on them to pay my own bills on time..i am not member of the union do you know what it takes to be a member there?
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: