The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Car dealer fraud

Car dealer not transferring the money

raspberrypi
post 1.Nov.2017, 01:54 PM
Post #1

Hi,

I need advice as I felt to be trapped in a fraud. I sold my car to a dealer from Stockholm. He told me he had a customer and will sell the car within 15 days. We signed the agreement after I checked his ID card and company name. I handed over my signed registration certificate so he can change th ownership.

He called me the next day and said that his client liked he car and we are now arranging finance for him. And that I will get money on Friday. I called on Friday but he said finance company is very sorry for being late and will transfer money on Monday. I waited till Monday but didn’t get the money. I have been trying to call to his number but it’s not responding as if he has turned off the phone or threw the SIM card. Now I see that the car got a new owner after him since 27th October.

The agreement would expire on 3rd of November. If I register a case against him after 3rd of November, do you guys have any experience that the police will recover my money from him? Or they will not take the case seriously? Or I have lost the money forever.
Go to the top of the page
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: