Printable Version of Topic

Click here to view this topic in its original format

The Local _ Family _ English me married to swede

Posted by: Morbid 19.Oct.2017, 09:15 AM

So Long story short i fell in love with my partner (we are getting married very soon, in sweden) who is swedish, and have stayed here in sweden with her for 6 months, where she has supported me, but recently income has been flaky and not so garunteed.
With this in mind am I correct in that I need a residence permit, and when i apply for the residence permit, she has to prove to provide for us both, which she may not be able to do (she is on sjukpenning and cant earn more)
Any advice?
And I know that you will want to say "get a job" and I agree but if I cant either for the time being.

Posted by: flaneur 19.Oct.2017, 10:39 AM

Get a job.

I don't get it, is she insane or? Why would she want to support a grown up person who obviously doesn't want to get himself a job? Please don't call that LOVE.

Posted by: Morbid 19.Oct.2017, 11:16 AM

Thanks for your invaluable input, but yes I have looked for a job and spent considerable time improving my swedish. And all applications have fallen on deaf ears but of course I still try. Now can you avoid being such a **** and deciding how i think?

Posted by: flaneur 19.Oct.2017, 11:29 AM

Posted by: Morbid 19.Oct.2017, 11:37 AM

Good to see you are aware of the rest of your country except stockholm. I have stated I have tried to find a job. I asked for advice, other than what I already know. So how about you help or shut up you rude ignorant shit.

Posted by: MichaelKiz 12.Oct.2018, 02:18 AM

There are several Blogs / YouTube sites that assist those from an English speaking background learn Khmer.
Can you direct me to sites / blogs that help Khmers learn English ?


Posted by: Gamla Hälsingebock 12.Oct.2018, 03:12 AM


Posted by: skogsbo 12.Oct.2018, 07:02 AM

Sounds like it is time to man up and get a job.

Posted by: SmokerT69 13.Oct.2018, 12:50 PM

Apply for a coordination number for now. At least then people might give you work. You're going to have to apply for shit jobs, go to restaurants and ask if they have any cleaning or pot washing jobs. Bathroom cleaning or maintenance, etc

Otherwise, go back to your country and work. You can send money over to help her while you're waiting on your residence permit. This can take 2-3 years.

Posted by: DuneSunny 13.Oct.2018, 07:59 PM

"English me married to swede".
Obviously English is not your mother tongue.
So where are you from?

Powered by Invision Power Board (
© Invision Power Services (