The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Monthly bills for rental apartment

Moving to Sweden, curious about monthly apt. bills

jalison
post 26.Feb.2019, 09:21 PM
Post #1

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been asked before, though I looked through the forum and couldn't find anything immediately to answer this.

I recently was offered a rental apartment (second-hand), where electricity is included in the rent. I am coming from abroad, and for us, the electricity bill includes heating and water (under one umbrella bill of "hydro"). I am wondering if this is the same case in Sweden? If not, what other bills can I expect to pay on top of electricity.

A secondary question is - if there ARE other bills, how much do they cost you on average? For your info: I will be renting a 40m2 apartment in a large city, but any information on this will be very useful - even if they are not directly comparable.

Thank you in advance!!
Go to the top of the page
+
yet another brit
post 28.Feb.2019, 10:26 PM
Post #2

Rent can be "cold" [kallhyra] or "hot" [varmhyra], depending on whether heating is included. It nearly always is included, whether or not you are subletting. Water is normally included also. Heating is almost *never* electric, the standard in a city would be district heating.

Electricity per se on the other hand is often paid separately, and a subletting tenant may be expected to pay on top of the rent. It is only for your domestic appliances, so should not be much. If the landlord includes that, he doesn't have to.

Cable services including internet - usually a base package (non-premium cable plus a broadband connection) is included or a known fixed charge of 1-2 hundred a month. If you are subletting, you could expect that to be included.
+
jalison
post 8.Mar.2019, 06:35 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (yet another brit @ 28.Feb.2019, 11:26 PM) *
Rent can be "cold" [kallhyra] or "hot" [varmhyra], depending on whether heating is included. It nearly always is included, whether or not you are sublettin ... (show full quote)

Thank you for your help! This is great and very informative.
+

Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: