The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
  Reply to this topic

Freelancer registering for VAT w/o personnummer

And is it SKV 4632 or SKV 4620?

post 28.Jul.2019, 04:20 PM
Post #1
Joined: 28.Jul.2019

Hi everyone. I'm hoping a fellow freelancer might be able to give me some advice/their experience...

I am Canadian/UK dual citizen (though have lived in Canada up until recently). I'm a freelancer writer and have just moved to Stockholm to be with boyfriend.

I've applied for a personnummer but am waiting to see if it is granted. I had initially read in an article in The Local that I need to have a personnummer to register my business to pay VAT; however, I later read on that I can still register my business without a personnummer.

I've contacted an accountant to help me with my application but he doesn't seem certain that I'll be able to register as I don't have a personnummer. So I essentially just have NO idea what I'm supposed to be doing. I want to pay taxes and pay them properly, but it doesn't seem very straightforward as to how to do that.

Have any other freelancers arrived in Sweden and navigated their way through this? I should also add that I don't have a VAT number in any other EU country as my sole proprietorship was registered in Canada before this.

I'm also confused as to if I need to complete SKV 4632 (tax application for foreign entrepreneurs) or SKV 4620 (tax registration for sole traders)!! What are your experiences/routes with this?
Go to the top of the page
post 29.Jul.2019, 06:35 AM
Post #2
Joined: 20.Sep.2011

What the did your local tax office say when you visited them in person and asked?
Go to the top of the page

Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: