The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Salary expectations for a product manager

How much can I earn in Sweden?

*rynik*
post 27.Aug.2009, 08:55 AM
Post #1

Hi,
I'm a candidate for a product manager in a telecommunications company in Stockholm. I have 7 years of experience. What salary do you think I can expect?
Go to the top of the page
+
kerostarfx
post 27.Aug.2009, 09:03 AM
Post #2

try this site, http://www.scb.se/Pages/SalariesSearch.aspx?id=259066

Edit: put the job title in Swedish -- produktchef maybe?
+
DamnImmigrant
post 27.Aug.2009, 12:46 PM
Post #3

Salaries in Sweden are lower, OR RATHER SEEM to be lower, than you will find in other countries. I say "seem" because you need to calculate in the 5 plus weeks of vacation, the holidays and the other types of days off you can get here, such as staying home to take care of a sick kid.

It has been my observation that the Swede takes home less money at the start of the month than say his equally represented American counterpart. At the end of the month the Swede will have MORE money!

In American, you get "nickel and dimed" to death. Americans get nothing for their tax money so they have to have large paychecks to pay for the necessities like health insurance.

For example the health insurance coverage we pay for here with our taxes is not affordable to the average, or even above average, person in the US. Americans would have to pay between $2,000 and $3,000 (15,000 - 23,000 skr) PER MONTH to buy the coverage we have here!
+
kmbr
post 27.Aug.2009, 02:03 PM
Post #4

even above average, person in the US. Americans would have to pay between $2,000 and $3,000

LOL. That's crazy talk. I pay less than $100 a month for my insurance. My employer pays about $700 a month of the premium. I have eye care, dental care, orthodontics, my prescriptions are covered with a $10 co pay. I can and do see a dermatologist and get things like warts treated and acne medications...again covered.

Let's see, I just visited the orthodontist here to have a look see and it cost me 2500 SEK because it's not covered under the social benefits plan.
+
Zoolander428
post 27.Aug.2009, 03:08 PM
Post #5

I agree with kmbr. I pay WAY more into the system here than healthcare cost me back in the US... and my coverage in the US was better.
+
kmbr
post 27.Aug.2009, 03:10 PM
Post #6

I forgot to add that the coverage is for a family of four.
+
Localer
post 27.Aug.2009, 03:23 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (kerostarfx @ 27.Aug.2009, 10:03 AM) *
try this site, http://www.scb.se/Pages/SalariesSearch.aspx?id=259066. Edit: put the job title in Swedish -- produktchef maybe?

agreed.

benefits working in Sweden.

if you have children, you will received child allowance, plus holiday just to stay home with your kids...at least 18 months off from work shared between your and your wife and 80% salary covered.

if you sick, during day 2-14 your employer is obligated to pay the you 80% of your salary. If the illness continues more than seven days the employee is obligated to leave a doctor’s certificate. And if the illness continues for more then 2 weeks, government will provides your the the allowance.

at least 5 weeks of vacation per year, plus holiday allowance on top of your salary.

government provides free health care and free education for all of your family member.

most company provides free gym membership, free mobile and certain amount of heath care allowance and pension.

the best part working in Sweden is.

No tension, very relaxing and flexible hours. You can come in anytime you want and leave anytime you want, as long as your work is done. During summer for example, most of us came in around 9 or 10 am and leave by 3 or 4 am.
+
rrabbit
post 27.Aug.2009, 03:37 PM
Post #8

and how you did that ?being offwork6 hours is not enough to rest
+
Bo-jangles
post 27.Aug.2009, 04:00 PM
Post #9

The Swedish pay system is pretty poor really. Salaries are a lot lower than other countries and you only get 80% of your salary when you are sick. And your boss does not even have to pay you superannuation. It depends who you work for. So basically you are working to save for a house and save out of your own money for a pension fund when you retire.

I would much rather have USA salaries and pay a bit extra for health cover. You should be able to choose if you want this in life or not. In Sweden you have no choice but get paid less and have free cover.

For a production manager for a telecommunications company. I really dont know how much u would get but i would expect 40k - 50k a month.
+
Localer
post 27.Aug.2009, 05:41 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (Localer @ 27.Aug.2009, 04:23 PM) *
agreed.No tension, very relaxing and flexible hours. You can come in anytime you want and leave anytime you want, as long as your work is done. During summer for example, most ... (show full quote)

my bad...

During summer for example, most of us came in around 9 or 10 am and leave by 3 or 4 pm, not AM biggrin.gif
+
kaze
post 27.Aug.2009, 08:17 PM
Post #11

Salaries seem pretty good to me.
Its the iffy labour laws that put me somewhat off Sweden, all these unpaid trial periods and the ilk...
+
DamnImmigrant
post 4.Sep.2009, 08:51 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (kmbr @ 27.Aug.2009, 01:03 PM) *
LOL. That's crazy talk. I pay less than $100 a month for my insurance. My employer pays about $700 a month of the premium. I have eye care, dental care, orthodon ... (show full quote)

I stand by what I said! For the SAME EXACT COVERAGE we have here in Sweden, you would pay between $2000 and $3000 dollars per month!

You really need to do a side by side comparison! What is covered here in Sweden would be prohibitively expensive in the US!

I would be real interested if you have pre-existing condition coverage. Are you covered at 100% if you need say, a new pacemaker? Major surgery? Or is it the 80/20? You ONLY pay the co-pay and all the other costs are covered? Medivac Covered? Wheel chairs and prosthetics? Have you got upper limits on say prescriptions and whatever else? Mental health covered too?

What happens when you loose your job? Your insurance is low because of your employers group policy. Loose your job and I think you will wake up to the fact that COBRA is VERY expensive! Now you go to a new employer and guess what PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS!!!

10 years ago, after I lost my job it cost $1,500 per month for the standard 80/20 coverage! Are you saying that in the last 10 years, the cost of insurance has gone down?

I will say it again - the health coverage we have here in Sweden FOR EVERYBODY, in America, only the rich can afford!
+
IND
post 5.Sep.2009, 08:28 AM
Post #13

Well, the Swedish system is VERY family friendly and if you are single the payment you get at the end of the month in your paycheck is not that attractive.
For example, subsidized day-care, parental leave, child health care, VAB (off that you can take to take care of sick children) are all very attractive benefits but only for families.
I being single would prefer a heavier pay-check than all these benefits I don't use.

Another aspect is the taxes, so don't get attracted to salary as a sum, but thoroughly look at the tax structure and see what is the take-home after taxes.

Avg salary for a product manager would vary between 40000-50000 in my view.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: