The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Triple Murdered freed??

Snikk
post 4.Feb.2009, 09:24 AM
Post #1

Is it just me... or does anyone/everyone else think that the Swedes are too easy on criminals.

WTF... doesn't life in prison for murdering 3 people... mean that the F**ker should spend the rest of his life in prison??? Nice, that he now gets to start a new life!
I get so irritated about criminals that get a second chance when they have ruined so many lives... not just the victims, but the victim's families aswell!

Sweden needs to wake up and stop thinking that everyone can be rehabilitated. Some people don't deserve a second chance!

It's not just this case... but I can't believe the punishments they give for pedophiles... a few months here and there... it's just SICK!

I get so irritated!!!!
Go to the top of the page
+
Squiddy
post 4.Feb.2009, 09:41 AM
Post #2

A 'life' prison sentence rarely means life anywhere. In the UK the average 'lifer' spends around 14 years behind bars.

Nice rant you've got going there though. Been reading the Daily Mail this morning?
+
shpongle
post 4.Feb.2009, 09:43 AM
Post #3

It was Finland who released him...
+
Puffin
post 5.Feb.2009, 01:44 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (Snikk)
Is it just me... or does anyone/everyone else think that the Swedes are too easy on criminals.

WTF... doesn't life in prison for murdering 3 people... mean that the F**ker should spend the rest of his life in prison??? Nice, that he now gets to start a new life!
I get so irritated about criminals that get a second chance when they have ruined so many lives... not just the victims, but the victim's families aswell!

Sweden needs to wake up and stop thinking that everyone can be rehabilitated. Some people don't deserve a second chance!

It's not just this case... but I can't believe the punishments they give for pedophiles... a few months here and there... it's just SICK!

I get so irritated!!!!

Are you talking about the guy released by FINLAND???
+
*Trowbridge H. Ford*
post 5.Feb.2009, 02:01 PM
Post #5

Good example of why Swedish authorities are not allowing 'Manchurian Candidate' murderer of Anna Lihdh, Mijailo Mijailovic, to be returned to Serbia as he would be received as a hero, and released shortly thereafter.

Still working away on her assassination which was so convenient for Swedish officialdom, Ariel Sharon's Israel, and American officialdom, especially the State Department's Bureau of Diplomatic Security.
+
Snikk
post 9.Feb.2009, 11:01 AM
Post #6

From what I've read about this idiot...

Okay... true that he was transfered to Finland to serve the rest of his life sentence... but when he murdered 3 people in Sweden, shouldn't the Swedish courts also have some say with his release??? I would think so, but that's just my guess, cause I don't really know. I would guess that it was okay with Sweden to release him??!!

This guy doesn't deserve to be free. How can they, (Finnish authorities), say that he will be on close observation until July 1st, when his conditional release is made permanent. Are they really watching this guy? What happens the day after? What about the Swedish authorities, were they too weak to deal with his situation and that's why they passed him over to Finland and now he's free? Shouldn't someone (again, the Swedish authorities),speak up about this ...and avoided his release? It's not like he was well behaved while he was locked up. From what I've read , in 1994, not only did he escape where he was being held (in Finland), but at the same time he also took a teacher as a hostage. He also tried to also escape in 1991.

Okay... so I guess we'll just have to hope that he will never do anything to anyone else.

Anyway... I just don't like to hear when assholes get another chance at life when they destroyed the lives of so many others. He shouldn't be free.
+
Puffin
post 9.Feb.2009, 11:42 AM
Post #7

QUOTE (Snikk)
From what I've read about this idiot...

Okay... true that he was transfered to Finland to serve the rest of his life sentence... but when he murdered 3 people in Sweden, shouldn't the Swedish courts also have some say with his release??? I would think so, but that's just my guess, cause I don't really know. I would guess that it was okay with Sweden to release him??!!

I don't think that once the transfer is made that the previous government can actually influence the release date. This is the reason why the Swedes refuse to return Mijailo Mijailović to Serbia
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 9.Feb.2009, 12:08 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (Puffin)
I don't think that once the transfer is made that the previous government can actually influence the release date. This is the reason why the Swedes refuse to return Mijailo Mijailović to Serbia

Yes, it has something to do with the sovereignity of nations, if I remember correctly...
+
*The Lix-a*
post 9.Feb.2009, 02:34 PM
Post #9

this guy seems to like the north of sweden, great! , Naa its ridiculous, life dosent mean life anywhere. Why dont they just universaly call it upto 15 years sentence.
I tell you his picture he looks like a right evil Fuker.
+
Puffin
post 9.Feb.2009, 03:31 PM
Post #10

Or in this case 20 years :wink: (sentenced feb 1989 - relased feb 2009)
+
Streja
post 9.Feb.2009, 03:58 PM
Post #11

He's scary
I will never forget how scared our parents were when he was on the loose after the murders and nobody knew where he was.

It's a pity that he is out.
+
The Nine
post 4.Dec.2011, 09:29 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (Snikk @ 4.Feb.2009, 09:24 AM) *
Is it just me... or does anyone/everyone else think that the Swedes are too easy on criminals.WTF... doesn't life in prison for murdering 3 people... mean that the F**ker ... (show full quote)

Some people don't deserve a second chance!

In your opinion, right? I think you water down your point here, by mixing two very different things and viewing them as the same.
Murder is a complex issue. It can be the actions of a sick and evil person. It can be the actions of a moment of madness that someone will live with forever. As bad and far reaching as it is, it isn't always the actions of really bad people. It can be the actions of good people who act bad. That is not the same. You can be essentially a good person who might do a bad thing. I don't think that should mean you forfeit your own life. Its right you spend a lot of time reflecting on what you did. Locking you up forever solves nothing.

One of my dearest friends is a wealthy accountant. Married, beautiful kids, good life. Found out his wife was having an affair, lost the plot and threw the guy down some very steep stairs and killed him. He is out now and still a wealthy accountant, a great dad, and remarried to a great girl. He always says that he knows he took away someones son and he will never go to sleep without remembering that. He also missed 10 years of his daughters growing up and knows that moment of madness cost him that time he can never replace. Like I said, decent people sometimes do bad shit. It don't mean we should throw away the key.
+
Abe L
post 13.Dec.2011, 11:05 PM
Post #13

A convicted murderer should simply get the death penalty, if you take a life then yours should be taken to. Keeping people locked up already takes enough taxpayer money as it is and we should not be wasting more of it on murderers.
+
Puffin
post 13.Dec.2011, 11:19 PM
Post #14

Are you STILL discussing this guy from Finland - weeks after he was recaptured in Helsinkki??
+
hongkongdanchang
post 13.Dec.2011, 11:20 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (Abe L @ 13.Dec.2011, 11:05 PM) *
A convicted murderer should simply get the death penalty, if you take a life then yours should be taken to. Keeping people locked up already takes enough taxpayer money as it ... (show full quote)

The facts are that you, Abe are taking more of my life in your one paragraph than this murderer ever will.

It should therefore be the death sentence for you.
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: