The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
11 Pages V   1 2 3 > »    Reply to this topic

Swedish neutrality and Thatcher's view on it.

The iron lady and blonde interviewer

Nomark
post 16.Feb.2012, 01:49 PM
Post #1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMJf-EoRc1g

Thatcher was a little unfair on the interviewer but I approve of the general theme i.e. its not enough to parade your conscience and say you hate something, you must do something about it.
Go to the top of the page
+
Streja
post 18.Feb.2012, 04:05 PM
Post #2

The blonde is a very famous Swedish interviewer. Stina Dabrowski. She interviewed Kaddafi among others.
+
wendist
post 19.Feb.2012, 12:49 AM
Post #3

She (Thatcher) has a very funny view of Stalin though. Stalin (and the Soviet Union) killed more germans than the UK and the US did together. Is he also "better"?

Denmark and Norway were both invaded by Hitler despite not even having uttered a harsh word against him. Were they "better" simply by being victims of aggression?
+
BritVik
post 19.Feb.2012, 10:33 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (Streja @ 18.Feb.2012, 04:05 PM) *
The blonde is a very famous Swedish interviewer. Stina Dabrowski. She interviewed Kaddafi among others.

Yeah, famous in all of Sweden.
+
Rick Methven
post 19.Feb.2012, 10:42 AM
Post #5

Or as we say in our house

World famous in Sweden laugh.gif
+
byke
post 19.Feb.2012, 10:48 AM
Post #6

I never liked thatcher, but more so for persona than her politics.
But you could see straight away in that interview that there was an uncomfortable feeling.
Add to this some really dumb comments from the intviewer, and you have a bitchy version of an Ali g / borat interview just waiting to bomb.

Wasn't thatch the one who refused to jump on the spot? When asked.
+
skogsbo
post 19.Feb.2012, 11:44 AM
Post #7

Right or wrong, at least thatcher had an opinion and she stuck to her plans until proven they were bad ones.
+
jostein
post 19.Feb.2012, 11:48 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (Nomark @ 16.Feb.2012, 01:49 PM) *
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMJf-EoRc1g Thatcher was a little unfair on the interviewer but I approve of the general theme i.e. its not enough to parade your conscience and ... (show full quote)

Well, interviewer made a fool out of herself spouting illogical arguments that only works in the swedish sectarian left and among swedish journalists (two overlapping sets). And Thatcher went to town on her. As it should be.
+
Streja
post 19.Feb.2012, 02:11 PM
Post #9

So now I have to put famous in Sweden everytime I write about someone who is famous? I mean I thought most of us were in Sweden? I mean I am, aren't you? Like I could say Carola is famous too because she is famous in Sweden (and the other Nordic countries too)...
+
*kingston*
post 19.Feb.2012, 07:32 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (skogsbo @ 19.Feb.2012, 10:44 AM) *
Right or wrong, at least thatcher had an opinion and she stuck to her plans until proven they were bad ones.

Here here. Totally correct

QUOTE (Streja @ 19.Feb.2012, 01:11 PM) *
So now I have to put famous in Sweden everytime I write about someone who is famous? I mean I thought most of us were in Sweden? I mean I am, aren't you? Like I could say ... (show full quote)

Or as they say "folkkär". Ive no idea why; most Swedes arnt even known abroad
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 20.Feb.2012, 12:49 AM
Post #11

Sweden's neutrality is nobodies business except the Swedish government and the people it represents ! angry.gif
+
BritVik
post 20.Feb.2012, 09:36 AM
Post #12

QUOTE (Streja @ 19.Feb.2012, 02:11 PM) *
So now I have to put famous in Sweden everytime I write about someone who is famous? I mean I thought most of us were in Sweden? I mean I am, aren't you? Like I could say ... (show full quote)

There is famous - and there is famous. Frank Sinatra was famous - world famous. Carola is - well Carola who? Even a lot of so-called famous people in Sweden are hardly known by all Swedes, let alone outside its borders.
+
Streja
post 20.Feb.2012, 09:22 PM
Post #13

For fjuck's sake!

Carola is famous because she is famous in Sweden! You live in Sweden!

Stina Dabrowski is famous because she is!

There are loads of Brits who are not famous outside the UK but they are sitll famous in the UK. Look up the word in the dickshunary.
+
skogsbo
post 21.Feb.2012, 07:55 AM
Post #14

QUOTE (Streja @ 20.Feb.2012, 08:22 PM) *
Carola is famous because she is famous in Sweden! You live in Sweden!

there are different level of famous you know! You can be famous for getting your norks out on some no hope wannabee celebrity style show. Or you can be famous for actually doing something either really well or badly (Eddie the eagle).
Being famous for just talking to other famous people? Perhaps if you are on the level of Parky, Jay Leno etc.., but then as soon as you stop the legend stops too.
+
Streja
post 21.Feb.2012, 10:38 AM
Post #15

skogsbo, she is the Swedish version of Parko...she speaks Swedish...get it?

Actually hardly anyone in Sweden knew who Parko is, well except the ones who have lived in the UK. YES it's true!

A few years ago they showed his show here too and that was the first time Swedes had ever heard of him.
+

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: