The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
10 Pages V   1 2 3 > »    Reply to this topic

Where is everyone?

All the old posters at the local

Stebro
post 1.Mar.2012, 06:33 PM
Post #1

I basically don't recognize anyone. I guess they all left Sweden tongue.gif
Go to the top of the page
+
Fishtank
post 2.Mar.2012, 09:10 AM
Post #2

Lets see...Puffin, 007, Bender are there..
Many seems to have lost interest.
VHW, Muzngu, Princee P, Sophia, our lovely trowbridge (anyone knows where he is now?? ), the caveman and many others seems to have moved on...
+
Johno
post 2.Mar.2012, 10:52 AM
Post #3

Mzungu posts regularly, Princess P had a hissy fit and vanished but came back briefly recently to mixed responses (from me at least). Trow still posts on codshit.com, his last long post in January, with 10/10 for persistence, 0/10 for veracity.
+
cogito
post 2.Mar.2012, 11:14 AM
Post #4

Some found work or love or a life. Others, weary of group-think, left out of boredom.
Trowbridge was bullied out by the little mob that tolerates no deviation outside the parameters of conventional opinion.

I find the newcomers more interesting anyway. They add spice to the same-old-same-old. Pity that newcomers are driven out by howls of "troll" from the (some) old-timers. It's an atavistic reflex: New kid in town. Must be a baddie.
+
Fishtank
post 2.Mar.2012, 11:21 AM
Post #5

John, Sir Mzungu posts is a news to me but I have not been too active either.
Yeah, I have noticed what cogito mentions too.

Hope trow is doing good in his neck of woods. He had amazing way of spinning anything into new Consp. Theory.

Howlcutter also disappeared... he had wicked and evil sense of humour.
Anyone knows where is Föken Kattunge?

Anyone active in Team Göteborg?? Any recent meet-ups in team göteborg? May be we should kick up one if there is enough interest.
+
klubbnika
post 2.Mar.2012, 12:18 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (cogito @ 2.Mar.2012, 10:14 AM) *
Some found work or love or a life. Others, weary of group-think, left out of boredom.Trowbridge was bullied out by the little mob that tolerates no deviation outside the param ... (show full quote)

It is rather that Swedish "nobody likes an outsider"-mentality where everybody, who is not them, considered to be an outsider. Xenophobia, with other words. It reaches even this forum.
+
gplusa
post 2.Mar.2012, 12:34 PM
Post #7

Oh dear. Someone is really having a miserable time in Sweden.
+
Miss Kitten
post 2.Mar.2012, 12:50 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (Fishtank @ 2.Mar.2012, 11:21 AM) *
John, Sir Mzungu posts is a news to me but I have not been too active either. Yeah, I have noticed what cogito mentions too. Hope trow is doing good in his neck of woods. He h ... (show full quote)

I'm still around. Been working full time and involved other projects as well. I still read the news on TL but not so much the message board. If anyone is interested in a Team Göteborg get together I might be up for it. I keep in touch with most of them on Facebook, though...
+
heihei
post 2.Mar.2012, 01:13 PM
Post #9

The trouble with some "regulars" is as has been said above.

You are new (like myself) make a comment on something or try and help or tell of your experience and about 5 different "regulars" come out of the woodwork, shoot you down, make negative snide comments about how wrong you are and act like 2 year olds in a sandpit...

its a public forum run by "moderators" who are the ones doing all the damage to this site. It can be used as a fun, helpful resource but god forbid you are new and make a comment..

its a joke... and really turns people off. Look at what most threads turn to, just 4-5 of these people slagging off eachother about where they are from and why they have no right to say one thing about their experiences of sweden. Case in point: "Swedish Food - likes and dislikes"

Jesus christ... wake up to yourselves (not everyone, just the "Elite Group")
+
Johno
post 2.Mar.2012, 01:25 PM
Post #10

"Trowbridge was bullied out by the little mob that tolerates no deviation outside the parameters of conventional opinion."

You obviously didn't really read his posts then. He posted ridiculous long winded stuff, and when argued with poured venomous scorn on whoever disagreed with him. Rather as above "He had amazing way of spinning anything into new Consp. Theory." He was always right.

heihei above hasn't got it yet. This place is a bearpit but fun. Serious enquiries get treated seriously. Stick your neck out and you get shot at. imho it works ok.
+
SimonDMontfort
post 2.Mar.2012, 01:43 PM
Post #11

I think there is a lot to be said for the some of the more long-standing posters continuing to pass on their experience and knowledge of Sweden on this forum.

All very well saying ‘its nice to get new posters’ – but there have been several recent threads where people have asked for help and either had no replies at all, or a very small number (luckily for them from some of the more authoritative forumites)

Meanwhile, the blathers about ‘fish and chips’ etc stretch to hundreds of entries

I know – people should search the forum themselves, but have to say I don’t think thelocal’s ‘Search’ facility is one of the best, and besides, stuff might have been discussed four years ago – since when the situation has changed: ‘forum regulars’ probably know better where correct information can be found.

As far as debate is concerned, there will always be those who must have the last word, although they probably haven’t contributed anything to a discussion. All anyone can do is present a good argument and leave the viewer to judge.
+
Johno
post 2.Mar.2012, 02:07 PM
Post #12

A final word from yours truly. I agree that the Locals search facility is poor, and yet often questions are asked that have been covered many times previously. Equally it is depressing how poor some peoples search abilities are, especially when Google Chrome will have a go at translating everything as it comes up, and where for example a quick Google search or a look in Eniro will find so many things (aka the lazy request yesterday for places selling horse riding gear). And finally, the posters who when their simple requests are answered don't post a thank you. (The horse poster did smile.gif ).
+
BillyB
post 2.Mar.2012, 02:32 PM
Post #13

I liked Trowbridges posts in general. (and even PrinceKnight!!)

No doubt about it he is nuttier that squirrel poop, but it meant there was always something to either think about or laugh about...and a little light heart ribbing was always possible.

The problem was that if people disagreed with their posts rather than just not read them it turned into big arguements.
Never understood that really.

If you are watching tv and there is a program you dont like, you change channels right? not just sit there and shout at it until something else comes on?????
+
Fishtank
post 2.Mar.2012, 05:06 PM
Post #14

John , well said. Btw, "Elite Group" .. LOL who is in that group btw??

"You obviously didn't really read his posts then." Are you serious?? I have no attention span to read that much stuff.. but I liked how he used to stick to his point.

I have not met Trow but I heard from someone that he was pushing 80+ years.. I guess in that age people are like children and hence I did not mind he spinning his Conp. stuff. smile.gif

Personally I have had great help from people over here and have met a very nice bunch of folks.

Have not been to 08ers Team Stockholm meets but someday shall turn up there. It shall be fun.

Fröken Kattunge... lets see if we can have a team gbg event.

BTW before flame wars begins:
Elite-Non Elite everyone is welcome ...smile.gif
+
klubbnika
post 2.Mar.2012, 05:34 PM
Post #15

"I have not met Trow but I heard from someone that he was pushing 80+ years.. I guess in that age people are like children and hence I did not mind he spinning his Conp. stuff."

Be careful with comments like that. We might have more people in that age here on the forum.
They can take offense. wink.gif
+

10 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: