The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

I am traveling to liden

Some information about berry picking in liden

Jeemy
post 10.Jun.2011, 05:42 AM
Post #1

Hello every one . I don't know if this is the Right place to to ask . But I hope I fiend some one can help me .

I am Nasser from Kuwait . And I like to travel for taking pics . This time I choose Sweden , and I choose specifically liden . I chooses it because some people told me that there is a big berry picking farms in there , and people from all over the world go there to work , I what to go there for taking pics and make story for a magazine , I know the way to liden , every one has a gps now smile.gif , but I don't know where I can fiend the farms or the camps for the berry workers , and I choose liden because it's little far from the tourist areas , I think it's going to be nice there for a story writing , pls if there is eney one know some farms or camps for picking berry , help me , thanks a lot my friend , and excuse my English if I write some words wrong . Thanks agiane

Your friend , Nasser
Go to the top of the page
+
umairaraza100
post 11.Jun.2011, 07:25 AM
Post #2

well sweden is one of the good place for this work
+
wotist
post 11.Jun.2011, 01:47 PM
Post #3

I don't think that there are any berry picking farms in Liden. The only propper "berry picking farms" in Sweden would be strawberry farms. Liden is to far north in Sweden for those I'd say. I think the missunderstanding from what those "some people" told you comes from not knowing what the law in Sweden is like. The law in Sweden allows for anyone to go out into the forrests and pick the wild berries growing there. Liden is in the north where there is a lot of forrest and thus a lot of wild berries. These berries can be picked for your own consumtion or sold. But it's generally not that lucrative. Especially for people from other countries that have great expenses comming here and expenses for accomondation.

You can see this story on the Local for more

http://www.thelocal.se/31004/20101222/
+
Jeemy
post 16.Jun.2011, 08:49 AM
Post #4

aha ,,, i understand now ... but they told me its in , Wästergården, Lidenvägen, Liden, Sweden

this place , even if its just strawberry . np problems about thats ,, am just taking pics and writing ,,, so if eney one

know somthing about this area pls tell me .. i did book for the trip already ,,, i hope i can have a nice stay in sweden

and meet some nice people .

thanks
+
goawai
post 16.Jun.2011, 02:38 PM
Post #5

dunno about berrypicking farms, but it's up north so later this summer you should be able to just walk into any forest and find lots of lingonberries, cloudberries (more marsh than forest tho), blueberries etc.
+
Destis
post 17.Jun.2011, 01:33 PM
Post #6

Hej,
Maybe you can contact the Sundsvall Community (Liden is a part of it) Sundsvall

Kind Regards,
Heico
+
Jeemy
post 19.Jun.2011, 05:36 PM
Post #7

thanks
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: