The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
77 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > »    Reply to this topic

Applications - Autumn 2018

Merit Ratings and Status Update

Vee278
post 13.Feb.2018, 03:34 PM
Post #151

Hi Everyone!

I've applied for:

Finance- Lund University

Accounting and financial management- Uppsala

Banking and finance -Stockholm

Finance- Gothenburg

All are currently in progress.

From the past admission blogs, I saw that it takes a while for the status of EU students to change since we aren't paying fees.

So it's likely that those getting "qualified" are those required to pay tuition as their applications are mostly looked at first.
Go to the top of the page
+
John123
post 13.Feb.2018, 04:58 PM
Post #152

QUOTE (Vee278 @ 13.Feb.2018, 04:34 PM) *
Hi Everyone!I've applied for:Finance- Lund UniversityAccounting and financial management- UppsalaBanking and finance -StockholmFinance- GothenburgAll are currently in ... (show full quote)

Best of luck ! looks like us eu applicants will just have to wait sad.gif How likely is it that you will be admitted if your qualified does anyone know or does it just depend on the popularity of the course itself?
+
sasa
post 13.Feb.2018, 05:24 PM
Post #153

I don't think that it makes a difference if you're eu or not. As I am an eu student and all my applications already changed to qualified. It just depends on the university and programme.
+
wooba
post 13.Feb.2018, 06:13 PM
Post #154

@Vee278 I'm from Asia and required to pay tuition fee and all 4 applications are in progress, so I do not think the region from which a student comes would be the reason. Since I noticed that I have applied for the similar universities with you, I presume it may depend on universities and departments. Stockholm, Gothenburg or Uppsala seems to receive rather more applications than other universities such as Linkoping and Umea. Similarly, there is likely to be more students applying for eco, business, technology than several other majors. Thus, those uni and faculties may need a bit more time to process the applications.
...Or they simply just do it in no certain order/priority to add a little more fun and "test" our patience
+
kai
post 13.Feb.2018, 07:49 PM
Post #155

EU Citizen here. Applied to 2 Masters, got qualified in one of hem and the other is still “in progress”. Stop inventing rules, guys! Haha
+
Vee278
post 13.Feb.2018, 09:04 PM
Post #156

Oh ok. Good to know!

Thanks for the correction guys!
+
kai
post 14.Feb.2018, 12:58 PM
Post #157

QUOTE (Vee278 @ 13.Feb.2018, 03:34 PM) *
Hi Everyone!I've applied for:Finance- Lund UniversityAccounting and financial management- UppsalaBanking and finance -StockholmFinance- GothenburgAll are currently in ... (show full quote)

Could you name those blogs, please? I have been looking for informal sources of info on admission but couldn't find anything apart from this forum.
+
joaquingn
post 14.Feb.2018, 03:00 PM
Post #158

Hi,
I am applying for a Master at KTH. I saw the statistics on page http://statistik.uhr.se/ and I dont know why there are differences between the total numbers and detailed numbers, for example:
Total number of applicants: 1231
1st hand seeker: 828

And if I clicked on details data by gender I got:
Women in total: 54
Men in total: 151

Someone can help me out with this?

Thanks!
+
dirtyshoes2007
post 14.Feb.2018, 04:44 PM
Post #159

QUOTE (joaquingn @ 14.Feb.2018, 03:00 PM) *
Hi,I am applying for a Master at KTH. I saw the statistics on page http://statistik.uhr.se/ and I dont know why there are differences between the total numbers and detailed nu ... (show full quote)

Total number of applicants = All the applicants who've selected this program, regardless of the rank they've assigned to it.

1st hand seeker = Applicants who've ranked this program as their #1 priority.

The number of male and female applicants (as well as other detailed statistics) are calculated only from the pool of Swedish applicants. The total number of male and female applicants adds up to the number mentioned in the 'Number with Swedish social security number' tab.
+
KingZi
post 14.Feb.2018, 05:33 PM
Post #160

QUOTE (joaquingn @ 14.Feb.2018, 05:00 PM) *
Hi,I am applying for a Master at KTH. I saw the statistics on page http://statistik.uhr.se/ and I dont know why there are differences between the total numbers and detailed nu ... (show full quote)

QUOTE (dirtyshoes2007 @ 14.Feb.2018, 06:44 PM) *
Total number of applicants = All the applicants who've selected this program, regardless of the rank they've assigned to it. 1st hand seeker = Applicants who've ra ... (show full quote)

On top of that, there are those that are Swedish and those that are not. Gender is sometimes incorrect as sometimes people have not specified. The most important numbers are the numbers for total submissions, total 1st seekers, and how many were admitted.

The rest is just some mumbo-jumbo.

TO EVERYONE:

Do not over analyze, we are still in February. Longs way away from getting a firm decision, whether it be EU / Non-EU or even Swedish. The only reason Non-EU people get processed before is that they require a longer process for the Student VISA.

I believe the Swedish Admission system is created without prejudice. Paying or not paying, it makes no difference to them. Just what I believe and what I read.

Best regards,

Zi
+
AHamurari
post 14.Feb.2018, 06:35 PM
Post #161

QUOTE (KingZi @ 14.Feb.2018, 06:33 PM) *
On top of that, there are those that are Swedish and those that are not. Gender is sometimes incorrect as sometimes people have not specified. The most important numbers are t ... (show full quote)

YAAS!

Thank you for the vibe you're creating here. A way to go!
+
Adnan1811
post 15.Feb.2018, 06:38 AM
Post #162

Hello guyz, hope ur waiting period is less irritating than mine tongue.gif. anyway jst wanted to knw what u are going to do if u get accepted in universities other than the universities from the big cities (Stockholm, gothenburg)? Is it a good idea to move to small states like karlstad or jonkoping? Thank you smile.gif
+
Becssy
post 15.Feb.2018, 08:53 AM
Post #163

hey guys, I was just looking at the http://statistik.uhr.se/
There are 3 tabs: number of applicants, selection1, selection2
what is the difference between selection1 and selection2? does it mean whether the applicants put their application on first priority or not?

Thanks! and good luck to all of you guys
+
KingZi
post 15.Feb.2018, 09:15 AM
Post #164

QUOTE (AHamurari @ 14.Feb.2018, 08:35 PM) *
YAAS! . Thank you for the vibe you're creating here. A way to go!

I am glad you appreciate it. WE just need to chillax!

Best regards,

Zi

QUOTE (Adnan1811 @ 15.Feb.2018, 08:38 AM) *
Hello guyz, hope ur waiting period is less irritating than mine . anyway jst wanted to knw what u are going to do if u get accepted in universities other than the universities ... (show full quote)

I was thinking about that as well and commuting to the University. Well, what I recommend is to start close by to take a feel for the area around the uni and the country. I would then move to outside the area after I am comfortable.

Cheers!

Zi

QUOTE (Becssy @ 15.Feb.2018, 10:53 AM) *
hey guys, I was just looking at the http://statistik.uhr.se/ There are 3 tabs: number of applicants, selection1, selection2what is the difference between selection1 and select ... (show full quote)

I don't believe it's about priority. The second round is reserved for late submits, or EU citizens. As you can see its written on the admissions website in the FAQ section. It is not recommended for people that require student visas to apply for the second round.

Hope that clears it up!

Best regards,

Zi
+
alenaz
post 15.Feb.2018, 10:49 AM
Post #165

Dear all, can anybody please tell where I can check the number of students reaaly enrolled to specific programm last years?
+

77 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: