The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Europeans won’t get a job

Swedish job market

Swegeddon
post 12.Apr.2019, 09:41 PM
Post #1

Hi.
From my experience of Sweden, white Europeans find it difficult to get a job in Sweden, especially if they can’t speak Swedish, no matter the level of job, skilled or unskillled. But immigrants from outside of Europe get a job easily due to Swedish employment law which aims to integrate the immigrants into the Swedish work place. Is this correct? So immigrants are prioritised over Europeans, all else being equal? What is your experience?
Go to the top of the page
+
HiSweden
post 12.Apr.2019, 10:30 PM
Post #2

Not true. I have higher education and I cannot find a proper job, only basic labor work.

I am not from the EU.
+
intrepidfox
post 12.Apr.2019, 11:16 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (Swegeddon @ 12.Apr.2019, 08:41 PM) *
Hi.From my experience of Sweden, white Europeans find it difficult to get a job in Sweden, especially if they can’t speak Swedish, no matter the level of job, skilled or uns ... (show full quote)

True. Asylum seekers are getting preferential treatement not just for basic jobs but also accomodation
+
bonviveur
post 13.Apr.2019, 06:20 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (intrepidfox @ 12.Apr.2019, 11:16 PM) *
True. Asylum seekers are getting preferential treatement not just for basic jobs but also accomodation

it could be that employers get incentive from government, like part of the salary of employed asylum seeker paid by arbetsformedlingen, or even salary paid in full from tax payers money, just guessing.
one thing I am sure of, there is no sympathy involved only the greed
+
skogsbo
post 13.Apr.2019, 07:35 AM
Post #5

White English speaking superiority complex? Why isn't the world bending over backwards to help me!?
+
Svedallas
post 13.Apr.2019, 08:32 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (intrepidfox @ 13.Apr.2019, 12:16 AM) *

I would not say it is preferential treatment.
But AMS and Social agencies have programs specifically for asylum seekers/refugees called nystartsjobb.

When a asylum seeker or immigrant has not been in a job OR has been unemployed for a couple of years, rather than keep paying the social benefit or unemployment benefit they force them to train into a new job/internship. It is usually low pay but it can lead to a job. Who wants refugees living off social assistance forever, no one.

Also this group are usually low skilled, and have much less education. That s why they get into the program, because they lack skills or education in the workplace.
+
Bsmith
post 13.Apr.2019, 12:56 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (Svedallas @ 13.Apr.2019, 07:32 AM) *
Also this group are usually low skilled, and have much less education. That s why they get into the program, because they lack skills or education in the workplace.

Makes you wonder why they were let in.
+
Svedallas
post 13.Apr.2019, 04:42 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (Bsmith @ 13.Apr.2019, 01:56 PM) *
Makes you wonder why they were let in.

Or more like they bypass all the other European countries to get to Sweden, so that they can make the excuse that it is hard to get a job...

But once unemployment benefits run out, which it does eventually, or after a period of time on social benefits, you get cut out.

The only way out is to have another child, hence why many of the refugees from MENA countries have 3/4 children or more.

A pathetic social system cycle. We need to have harder regulations...but then our politicians are not as smart, and didnt think this all through...
+
TheExpatEagle
post 13.Apr.2019, 06:36 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (Svedallas @ 13.Apr.2019, 08:32 AM) *
I would not say it is preferential treatment.But AMS and Social agencies have programs specifically for asylum seekers/refugees called nystartsjobb. When a asylum seeker or im ... (show full quote)

Nystartsjobb is for everyone, Swedes, Europeans and others. You need to be long term unemployed (3 years or more) but it isn't only for one group.
+
HiSweden
post 14.Apr.2019, 04:00 AM
Post #10

QUOTE (Svedallas @ 13.Apr.2019, 04:42 PM) *
The only way out is to have another child, hence why many of the refugees from MENA countries have 3/4 children or more.

The most stupid thing i read on this thread. You dont know what are you talking about.

Does that mean families have less children in middle east?

Most families in the middle east have 3 or 4 children, they even have more children compared to the middle eastern families in europe. Was that also to take advantage of social benefits in their home country? laugh.gif
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: