The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Where in Stockholm to watch the Champions League Final???

Shanibabe
post 26.Apr.2006, 12:46 PM
Post #1

Hello!

My boyfirend and I will be in Stockholm to look at prospective accomodation with the relocation agents when the champions league final is on. My boyf is a die hard Arsenal fan and to his utter shock I have managed to book the plane tickets in the day of the Champions League final!!! So to make it up to him I thought it would be good to find a place where we can watch it and possibly grab some food. Can anyone recommend a place in Stockholm that is a good place to go and watch the footy???

Thanks for your help smile.gif
Go to the top of the page
+
*The Teenage Diplomat*
post 26.Apr.2006, 12:51 PM
Post #2

I'm not sure of a place but there are probably plenty of O'Learys that will show the game, it will definately be shown at different places. It's a very popular event in Sweden. If Barcelona makes it, it will probably be even more popular considering that Larsson might get a start in the final then.
+
Smokin' Chief
post 26.Apr.2006, 01:29 PM
Post #3

The Bagpipers Inn near St.Eriksplan has good eats and will definitely have the game on the big screen. Rörstrandsgatan 21
+
*Swedensm*
post 26.Apr.2006, 02:54 PM
Post #4

The Dubliner, Smålandsgatan is a good place to watch the game, or try The Tudor Arms, Grevgatan if you want somewhere more "homely". I think Swedes will be equally happy that Arsenal are in the final as Ljungberg plays for them. Me, I'll be at Stade de France, COME ON ARSENAL!
+
Benzed
post 26.Apr.2006, 03:25 PM
Post #5

Dubliners are all overpriced, splurge and come to Paris!
+
*The Teenage Diplomat*
post 26.Apr.2006, 03:29 PM
Post #6

Anyone know when Xavi will be back for Barcelona?
+
*Crusader*
post 26.Apr.2006, 04:08 PM
Post #7

Tudor Arms if you want English support.

Southside for the plastic fans.

However, you should get to see it in most bars.
+
Shanibabe
post 26.Apr.2006, 11:12 PM
Post #8

biggrin.gif My boyf will be a very happy man... THANKS again for all the advice... Come On Gunners!!! You can do it... smile.gif
+
Benzed
post 27.Apr.2006, 04:28 AM
Post #9

Shanibabe - you`re a good lass.

Up The Arse.

Wait ... don`t take that the wrong way.

I see no reason why ZTV won`t carry the match as they have all the previous knockout games involving Svenska heroes Freddie and Henrik. so on that basis any pub with a tv will have the game on so there`s plenty of choice.

I would not recommend the Dubliners, go there for St Pat`s day or leprecaun throwing olympics but nothing else, soulless plastic hellhole.
+
koshka
post 27.Apr.2006, 09:55 PM
Post #10

Well I've managed to get £30 flight with Ryanair to Paris - now there's just the small matter of trying to get a match ticket for less than £500. All bright ideas welcome.

If I don't get a ticket then it'll be O'Connells in Gamla Stan for me.

Come on Arsenal.
+
Benzed
post 27.Apr.2006, 10:59 PM
Post #11

Koshka - you WON`T get a ticket at all, fullstop. Well maybe if you want to pay a tout 20 times over the odds, but they are scum and I suggest you leave them to rot like the bilge they are.

Come to Paris anyway, I belong to a variety of Arsenal mailing lists, fan clubs etc and can confirm that a shedload of us are heading over to Paris without tickets, just to soak up the atmos, drink the bars dry and put Paris back to the way it was meant to always be, for 48 hours or so at least... English speaking!
+
koshka
post 28.Apr.2006, 08:36 AM
Post #12

There's still a chance that I'll get a ticket through a friend's season ticket application (they picked the wrong time to go to Mallorca). They haven't been to any away games in the last two years which reduces the strength of their application so it's a 2 to 1 shot at best.

If that doesn't work then I'm quite tempted to go to Paris anyway. Have you heard if there are going to be any big screens or is it just a case of find the nearest bar?
+
*Swedensm*
post 3.May.2006, 01:09 PM
Post #13

I've heard a lot of Gooners will be around Sacre Couer/Montmartre areas. I reckon you'll be able to get a ticket outside for much less than these touting scum are asking on some tout/footie bulleting boards.
+
Scot James
post 3.May.2006, 02:36 PM
Post #14

Basically any pub with a tv will be showing it in Stockholm.Stay away from O'Learys well overpriced.Then again so are most of the sportsbars.
+
koshka
post 3.May.2006, 08:49 PM
Post #15

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

No need for O'Connells - Stade de France here I come.
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: