The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Stockholm Wedding - Gospel Choir?

Jofs
post 4.May.2006, 09:24 PM
Post #1

Hej Hej

Recently arrived in Sweden and wondered whether anyone had any ideas about finding a gospel choir for a wedding in Stockholm for late September?

Thanks in advance (and please go easy - it's my first post!)

Jofs
Go to the top of the page
+
Beth
post 4.May.2006, 09:38 PM
Post #2

hmmm, i know choirs are plentiful...but never heard of a gospel choir...it must exist. someone who sings in a choir should be able to advise how to search.

congrats on the upcoming nuptuals
+
*Brave New World*
post 4.May.2006, 09:39 PM
Post #3

I would suggest to choose them among 5000 homeless people in Stockholm. You can hold audition for best voices, buy them beer and wine and they will sing better then nightingales.

Good luck!
+
Beth
post 4.May.2006, 09:48 PM
Post #4

for fun i just googled "gospel choir stockholm" and found that there will be a gospel choir festival at the end of may!

http://www.stockholmgospel.nu/

now, while most of the scheduled choirs are visiting...i'm sure that sight, or googling that and digging around, you're bound to find your stockholm-based choir laugh.gif
+
Puffin
post 7.May.2006, 06:53 AM
Post #5

There are many Gospel Choirs in Stockholm - ring to the local church offices in the area where you live and ask if anyone knows of a local one.
+
Picarra
post 8.May.2006, 03:39 PM
Post #6

Jofs,

Congratulations and jubilations, to you and yours; and it is nice to see your good taste!
God bless,
Picarra
+
Jofs
post 26.May.2006, 01:40 PM
Post #7

Many thanks all for the kind words and help

J
+
*Streja*
post 26.May.2006, 01:41 PM
Post #8

Yeah loads about, in fact the handyman at the school I work for sings in a gospel choir! The rest of his time he spends drinking beer and being a fan of Frölunda Hockey Team. smile.gif
+
Picarra
post 1.Jun.2006, 12:58 PM
Post #9

[quote="Jofs"]Many thanks all for the kind words and help

Jofs,

There is actually a precedent for the invitation of street people to a wedding; in one of his parables/prophecies Jesus said ? go out and invite the people from the streets an highways for the marriage of the Lamb ?.

It probably takes the marriage of 2 evangelists/missionaries to pull that one off!

I used to say that I would invite all the people that I knew to a light celebration in the town hall, but I had worked in a bank ( 80 ), a factory ( 1200 ) and a tax office ( 100 ), and without even realising, we ended up with a small ceremony of 100 guests, family and close friends.

How about the song ? ?You, light up my life, you give me hope, to carry on, you light up my days, and fill my nights, with song, ? by the daughter of Pat Boone?

God bless

John Paul
+
Picarra
post 1.Jun.2006, 01:06 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (Streja)
Yeah loads about, in fact the handyman at the school I work for sings in a gospel choir! The rest of his time he spends drinking beer and being a fan of Frölunda Hockey Team. smile.gif

Dear Streja,
that reminded me that beer is cheaper than water; but that is in Germany; :idea:
These are the days of pipelines: gas pipelines from Siberia to Europe, oil pipelines, even the internet is called the information highway.
How about a water pipeline from Sweden to Germany? lots of clear good water in Sweden?
Just another idea...

Good bless

Picarra
+
Markbase with an Invisibl...
post 1.Jun.2006, 02:23 PM
Post #11

Congratulations, Jofs.

A Gospel Choir sounds lovely.
How about a Barbershop Quartet as an opening act, and maybe a fire-eater or juggler before that? Or maybe I'm kidding. I just don't know anymore.

Mark Base
http://www.markbase.net
For observations and opinions about life in Helsingborg
+
Muttlestar Galactica
post 1.Jun.2006, 02:30 PM
Post #12

Or maybe some tired old drag act (Carola?), poorly lip-synching to naff old tunes...oh yeah, that's my destiny! :oops:
+
Markbase with an Invisibl...
post 1.Jun.2006, 02:31 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (Mutley26)
Or maybe some tired old drag act, poorly lip-synching to naff old tunes...oh yeah, that's my destiny! :oops:

That's worse than my suggestion. Or is it? i just don't know anymore.

Mark Base
http://www.markbase.net
For observations and opinions about life in Helsingborg
+
Muttlestar Galactica
post 1.Jun.2006, 02:33 PM
Post #14

I have Margarita Pracatan's phone number in New York ?...
+
Picarra
post 2.Jun.2006, 12:42 PM
Post #15

Mark ,
I thought you palyed base!

You know the group item where the group sings and does various coordinated actions, and one guy is forever out of synch?

I went one up, I was the only guy making an effort while my mom, sisters and brother just giglled, together with the audience!

Have a good weekend,

Picarra
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: