The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3   Reply to this topic

Cricket in stockholm?

Chris Price
post 30.May.2006, 12:53 PM
Post #31

The SCC still plays on Grannies old carpet with flowers on the walls. (and the outfield)
It's still good fun, and the umpiring is of course atrocious for all teams!

If any-one is interested in "dusting of their box" (please do it outside) give me a bell and I'll let you know when the next round of games is on.
(11th is the new date as we postponed the Upsala match)

Every-one is welcome. Girls, Boys, and even English Royalty!
Go to the top of the page
+
*Mahmood*
post 30.May.2006, 12:54 PM
Post #32

QUOTE (The Flying Camel)
Ah, the true Paki is coming out in you Mahmood! 8)

laugh.gif I am just telling the truth. :twisted:

QUOTE (The Flying Camel)
I doubt any of your clan could have stopped Warne's masterful career. The great R. Benaud has commented that he should keep playing until he is 40 - much to my pleasure, as I heard rumours close to home saying that he would retire after we roll the Poms shortly.

I don't know why Qadir taught him all his secrets :twisted:
+
Benzed
post 30.May.2006, 01:00 PM
Post #33

David - have you seen the still photos of Warney and those two trollops? Hilarious, the fake penis is about a metre wide. No comment there.

The Aqib Javid slower ball was indeed a piece of magic, Mahmood.

However I truly feel it is bred into the Pakistani nation to be dishonest when i comes to cricket, be it on the field, in the umpiring hotseat, or at the scorer`s table. A Pakistani can not help but cheat, if that is the only way to ensure victory. I`ll support India almost always, as they`re simply far nicer blokes!
+
Sir Wobbly Camel
post 30.May.2006, 01:09 PM
Post #34

As a disclaimer to the Editorial staff at The Local, this picture has been shown in dozens of newspapers across the globe, so please do not ban me for re-producing it here:

[img]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f254/David0L/WARNEY.jpg[/img]

Bowled over a couple of maidens...
I doubt Abdul Qdir taught him this trick!
+
Benzed
post 30.May.2006, 01:32 PM
Post #35

Haha, yeah I saw a series of these last night on some brilliant sports forum I discovered. I should link you, it`s the same layout as this actually but laden with sporting "banter" (ie furious arguments) !

I saw a transcript of some of Warney`s SMS` to these birds too, classic. Says his marriage broke up because Simone or whatever her name is couldn`t handle his insatiable need for rumpy pumpy laugh.gif
+
Nuname
post 30.May.2006, 02:47 PM
Post #36

QUOTE (Benzed)
However I truly feel it is bred into the Pakistani nation to be dishonest when i comes to cricket, be it on the field, in the umpiring hotseat, or at the scorer`s table. A Pakistani can not help but cheat, if that is the only way to ensure victory. I`ll support India almost always, as they`re simply far nicer blokes!

I used to deal with administration for a number of Muslim schools in the North of England & the culture of corruption is unbelievable. It's not just on the cricket pitch. Although Disco Afridi gave us a good example of how Pakistan like to play the game also.
+
Fish Eye
post 30.May.2006, 03:10 PM
Post #37

Cricket!! naaaaaah! But if anybody has a curling club in Göteborg, im in!! :wink:
+
Osk
post 30.May.2006, 04:08 PM
Post #38

Pakistan cricket corrupt surely not...

heard this one may years ago around Kent...

Can't remember the exact details but you will get the idea...

Asif Iqbal (not againts the odd bet or two) is captain.

The team is in its first innings some 450 for 3 'chasing' some 600 or so with not much time to go so its a guaranteed draw with Wasim Raja on 98 not out on his home ground with home umpires. Its coming up to tea time - Asif sends his runner to put a large bet on Wasim NOT getting a 100.

Of course no one can believe Wasim will not get a 100 with it all stacked in his favour so the odds are pretty good for Asif. What the 'bookies' had not realised was it was Asif's runner who placed the bet and of course Asif (being captain) declares at tea time leaving Wasim stranded on 98 and collecting a nice sum!

This story was related when we wondered why Asif had returned early from Pakistan for pre season training at Kent when he was never one for any sort of training let alone pre season. Apparently he had become rather unpopular rather quickly.!

Never did check any scorecards to see if it was true but it is sort of fun anyway.
+
Benzed
post 30.May.2006, 04:56 PM
Post #39

laugh.gif

Sounds believeable! I`m sure this thread is no longer pleasant viewing for Mahmood, but frankly these things had to be said. The Swedish government and taxpayers have for too long turned a blind eye to the dishonesty of Pakistani cricketers, and in lieu of Markbase writing to his local MP about the matter, this was the next logical step.
+
*Mahmood*
post 30.May.2006, 05:45 PM
Post #40

QUOTE (Benzed)
laugh.gif

Sounds believeable! I`m sure this thread is no longer pleasant viewing for Mahmood,

Well, I know its all jealousy for the greatest cricket playing nation on earth. so I don't mind.
+
Nuname
post 30.May.2006, 05:45 PM
Post #41

I try never to use the abbrevition LOL, but I'll make an exception for Benzed's post.

LOL biggrin.gif
+

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: