The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Good drinking area in Stockholm

Partridged
post 4.Jun.2006, 08:52 PM
Post #1

I don't know Stockholm particularly well and I have a firend over from England next week and thought I'd venture in to town for a bit of a night out. Is there an area that stands out, I normally end up in an Irish bar in Gamla Stan but it would be nice to show my friend someting a bit more authetically Swedish.

Cost isn't a major problem, would prefer somewhere with a late bar rather than a full on night club, and a bit of "indie" music and a few snygga tjejer would be a bonus

thanks in advance
Go to the top of the page
+
Faithless
post 4.Jun.2006, 10:06 PM
Post #2

Cost isn't a major problem, would prefer somewhere with a late bar rather than a full on night club, and a bit of "indie" music and a few snygga tjejer would be a bonus

If you want that, you shouldn't go to the south part of town which is the more "pubbish" area, though you could start off there, Medborgarplatsen is teeming with bars, restaurants and people, and enjoy a picturesque walk to the glassed veranda bar at Gondolen for summer cocktails on the way in to town - very nice.

Another nice little street with a bunch of nice places is Rörstrandsgatan, in Vasastan.

Book a table at "Grill", go to "Lisa på Torget", "Kungsholmen", "Gerdas", the outdoors at Sturecompagniet, Sturehof, etc...
Somewhat snobbish summer places with hot chicks and well dressed crowds.

Köket and Sturecompagniet for the late (05.00) hours, Blue Moon Bar and Spy Bar as second choices, long queues.
+
*Streja*
post 4.Jun.2006, 10:29 PM
Post #3

In what way is Spy Bar indie????? Come on...

*streja the indie girl*
+
Faithless
post 5.Jun.2006, 12:25 AM
Post #4

In what way is Spy Bar indie????? Come on...

Who said that???

Aha, now I saw the question.
Well, that would be "O baren" then, at Sturehof.
+
*Crusader*
post 5.Jun.2006, 10:36 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (Partridged)
I don't know Stockholm particularly well and I have a firend over from England next week and thought I'd venture in to town for a bit of a night out. Is there an area that stands out, I normally end up in an Irish bar in Gamla Stan but it would be nice to show my friend someting a bit more authetically Swedish.

thanks in advance

Avoid Stureplan.

Stick to Kungsholmen, Söder or maybe Vasastan.

City also has some decent bars.

You could head to Debaser for a bit of indie?
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: