The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Lund or Linkoping?

Which city is better

icecoldmidnight
post 27.Mar.2013, 02:09 AM
Post #1

You got it. Simple question- which do you think is a better city - lund or linkoping?
Go to the top of the page
+
ljtaylor88
post 27.Mar.2013, 08:36 AM
Post #2

Tough call, they're both similar cities in terms of size and character.

If you want to study...I have heard great things about Linköping's technical university for engineering and the likes. Lund has an extensive international student population, and the university is a popular Erasmus destination. Not sure, but I think the university there is more renowned for humanities subjects?

If you're looking to move there...They also both have an extensive student population, which means they suddenly empty in summer. Housing queues appear about the same.

If you are looking for a job...Linköping has more technical firms. Skåne as a whole is more competitive for work. Bar work and other service jobs that students usually take are extremely thin on the ground, and I presume that's the case for both cities. Income tax is relatively low.

If you are looking for a place to stay and travel around...Linköping is closer to Stockholm, whilst Lund is closer to Malmö and Copenhagen. You're also a bit closer to the coast in Lund.

Personally though, I'd go for Lund. I think it's prettier. smile.gif
+
PDX
post 27.Mar.2013, 10:35 AM
Post #3

Lund, just because you can get to København any time cool.gif . Linköping is in the middle of nowhere.. not close to anything and certainly not Stockholm.

~~~PDX~~~
+
ljtaylor88
post 27.Mar.2013, 12:59 PM
Post #4

Yeah Linkoping's "closer" to Stockholm in that it's a handy 3 hours away!
+
Max Reaver
post 27.Mar.2013, 01:14 PM
Post #5

I'm from Linköping. But I'd say it depends on what you want.

Needless to say I prefer Linköping since my family live there. I only had occasional visits in Lund and didn't like the city very much. But if the choice is between Lund university or Linköping university, I'd pick Lund anytime.
+
Divan
post 27.Mar.2013, 01:54 PM
Post #6

University reputation is where Lund exceeds Linkoping's. Someone mentioned that Lund is prettier, it is:-) and it is a charming medieval city juxtaposed against a background of high technology and biomedical cutting edge technologies. The ESS and Max IV are also situated in Lund. Little Lund through Lund U's reputation in the research world, garnered the honor and won the bid to build these world class facilitites on their turf. http://www.lunduniversity.lu.se/research-a.../max-iv-and-ess

Copenhagen which IMO is far more livelier than Stockholm, is just across the bridge and the continent awaits. People in Scania, southern Sweden are also friendlier than their counterparts a little further north. Sweden and Denmark co operate in making the Oresund region one of Europe's top innovation regions.60 percent if not 70 percent of Lund Kommun's population are University educated, with many people from all over the world coming to work either at the University or the Ideon, Europe's largest Science Park.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: