The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Query on personal number for a dependent visa

what is mean by getting personal number

praveena
post 8.Feb.2018, 12:19 PM
Post #1

Hi,

I am working in Gothenburg in workpermit and have residence permit.

My husband is working in India and came to Sweden Gothenburg along with my son 5 years old in dependent visa residence permit.

My husband and son obtained personal number from Tax office. My husband will be staying here only for short term and going back to India soon.

My husband is working in india and will be visiting us in Gothenburg once in 3 to 4 months for a short term. Do we need to inform tax office and getting personal numbers means is he liable to pay tax in sweden?
Go to the top of the page
+
ChocOwl
post 9.Aug.2018, 05:39 PM
Post #2

have you found this info (in EN)? https://www.skatteverket.se/servicelankar/o...064694c3e1.html
Hopefully you will find answers there
+
Moonchild
post 18.Aug.2018, 08:24 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (praveena @ 8.Feb.2018, 01:19 PM) *
My husband is working in india and will be visiting us in Gothenburg once in 3 to 4 months for a short term. Do we need to inform tax office and getting personal numbers means ... (show full quote)

Only people living in Sweden (not visiting) are liable to pay tax in Sweden -- you have to be a "tax resident" meaning having a permanent enough residency in the country (usually also meaning you work there) to be liable to pay taxes. This is also directly tied to what you have a right to: if you are not tax liable, you will not have a right to any of the state funded services in Sweden like health care, social security, etc.
Having a personal number is required for many things in Sweden, but doesn't necessarily mean you are obligated to paying Swedish tax. The fact that it's given out by Skatteverket is not directly related; they are merely a logical issuer for it (since they also handle issuing IDs)

(If you have further questions I suggest you drop by Skatteverket in person and have a talk about your situation.)
+
SmokerT69
post 18.Aug.2018, 11:22 AM
Post #4

Bleh, this system. People just visiting are getting personummers and here I am still waiting to get one after living here for nearly 2 years. Bloody hell Sweden.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: