The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Found credit card but how to find that person?

Need help pls

selena
post 27.Apr.2016, 10:07 PM
Post #1

Hello everyone,

I moved to Sweden a few weeks ago. I'm still getting used to smile.gif

I found a credit card just a few hours ago but I dont know how to reach out to that person on phone.

I searched the name on merinfo.se but it says I need to sign up to see information. I can't sign up because I don't have personnummer yet.

I found some people with same surname but I can't be sure whether they are related or not, and I don't want to disturb people that I don't know

Can anyone help me to see information on merinfo.se?

Much thanks tongue.gif
Go to the top of the page
+
Emerentia
post 27.Apr.2016, 11:01 PM
Post #2

QUOTE (selena @ 27.Apr.2016, 10:07 PM) *
Hello everyone,I moved to Sweden a few weeks ago. I'm still getting used to I found a credit card just a few hours ago but I dont know how to reach out to that person on p ... (show full quote)

Welcome to Sweden!

On the back of most credit cards it says that if it's found it should be cut in half and sent to the bank, there is also usually an address to the bank there. I think that some banks will give you a little finders fee if you do that.
+
ChocOwl
post 28.Apr.2016, 08:21 AM
Post #3

If the card owner has realised that their card is lost they will have cancelled the card so it is not so important for then to get the card back.
+
selena
post 28.Apr.2016, 11:03 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (Emerentia @ 28.Apr.2016, 12:01 AM) *
Welcome to Sweden!On the back of most credit cards it says that if it's found it should be cut in half and sent to the bank, there is also usually an address to the ba ... (show full quote)

I know about that but my point is to, if I can, reach out to the person and give the card.

I lost all my credit cards in my purse once and my immediate response was to call customer services and and cancel all cards but a nice person found my purse. I had my business card in the purse so he could reach out to me. I wished I had waited 1 day more so I would not had to wait for replacement cards from the banks.
+
yet another brit
post 28.Apr.2016, 01:25 PM
Post #5

Try registering at ratsit.se to look them up, I don't think you need a personal number (or didn't, maybe you do now)
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: