2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

new work permit instead of extension ?

to walk around missing insurance problem

NickT
post 29.Jun.2017, 05:30 PM
Post #1

Hi everyone,

I am a software engineer, not from EU, about to start work permit extension and having a problem with missing insurance from my previous employer.

My question is: what if I initiate a new work permit instead of extension? will the insurance problem go away?

Many thx
Go to the top of the page
+
the_dome
post 29.Jun.2017, 07:04 PM
Post #2

For new permit you would have to leave Sweden so it doesn't work
+
seabird
post 29.Jun.2017, 08:31 PM
Post #3

even though if you apply from your home country It will be treated as extension. they will ask all your previous work details
+
NickT
post 30.Jun.2017, 06:44 AM
Post #4

Thx for your answers, i did thought about going back to home country and apply a new WP, if they will still check previous employment history, it is a deadend. As my previous company bankrupt, no way to amend the missing insurance, guess I am pretty much doomed to get deported sad.gif
+
Vinnie
post 30.Jun.2017, 08:01 AM
Post #5

You can move back to your home country, and apply for new WP after 6 months.
There are chances this could be considered as fresh application and not Extension !
+
the_dome
post 30.Jun.2017, 09:47 AM
Post #6

Why 6 months? There is no such rule. He can just leave and apply for a new permit and before that tell to MV that he is going back to his home country. Then employer would have to annonsera job on eure for 10 days.
+
Vinnie
post 30.Jun.2017, 10:25 AM
Post #7

I agree that there is no rule, but MV is rejecting the applications again even though the person has moved back to home country.
Stating the reason 'It's too soon to re-apply' after rejection.
+
hatim
post 30.Jun.2017, 12:09 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (seabird @ 29.Jun.2017, 09:31 PM) *
even though if you apply from your home country It will be treated as extension. they will ask all your previous work details

That is incorrect. If you leave a job from Sweden and then you apply again from outside of Sweden, it can not be treated as an extension. You will be asked about your previous interactions with Sweden though.
+
hatim
post 30.Jun.2017, 12:13 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (Vinnie @ 30.Jun.2017, 11:25 AM) *
I agree that there is no rule, but MV is rejecting the applications again even though the person has moved back to home country.Stating the reason 'It's too soon to re ... (show full quote)

As far as I know this is not true (my then employer asked this question from MV few years ago).

Do you have first hand info (letter from MV stating this).
+
NickT
post 30.Jun.2017, 12:45 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (Vinnie @ 30.Jun.2017, 11:25 AM) *
I agree that there is no rule, but MV is rejecting the applications again even though the person has moved back to home country.Stating the reason 'It's too soon to re ... (show full quote)

I c, I can imagine there will be some "hidden rules", I was thinking skipping apply for extention, but directly apply a new WP, so that I won't get any rejection history in their database : )
+
NickT
post 30.Jun.2017, 12:49 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (the_dome @ 30.Jun.2017, 10:47 AM) *
Why 6 months? There is no such rule. He can just leave and apply for a new permit and before that tell to MV that he is going back to his home country. Then employer would hav ... (show full quote)

Guess no one knows how exactly things work behind MV curtain
+
Vinnie
post 30.Jun.2017, 01:24 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (hatim @ 30.Jun.2017, 01:13 PM) *
As far as I know this is not true (my then employer asked this question from MV few years ago).. Do you have first hand info (letter from MV stating this).

Well !! Unfortunately, i am one of that person who is waiting for 6 months to end. (Assuming it to be 6 months)
My re-apply after leaving the country was rejected for the same reason. I have my post somewhere here stating this problem !

I have also seen few other cases, where people are confused what next ?!

When i talked to my case officer about the decision - "There is no rule to wait for few months before Re-apply ! But few case officers feel you should wait to treat your application as 'Fresh'.."
So, it depends on the Case officer handling your case.
+
Vinnie
post 30.Jun.2017, 01:25 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (NickT @ 30.Jun.2017, 01:45 PM) *
I c, I can imagine there will be some "hidden rules", I was thinking skipping apply for extention, but directly apply a new WP, so that I won't get any rejection ... (show full quote)

You could give try ! might get lucky smile.gif
+
andrewhu
post 30.Jun.2017, 06:21 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (Vinnie @ 30.Jun.2017, 01:24 PM) *
Well !! Unfortunately, i am one of that person who is waiting for 6 months to end. (Assuming it to be 6 months) My re-apply after leaving the country was rejected for ... (show full quote)

Sorry to hear that. Would you mind quoting exact explanation that MV gave in rejection after you reapplied? It's interesting to know for other who are about to end up in similar situation. Thank you.
+
the_dome
post 30.Jun.2017, 08:39 PM
Post #15

Well since there is no rule about it you just take it to the court if they decide to play with you smile.gif
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Jobs
Click here to start your job search

Popular articles