The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Tradera problem contacting seller

Tradera - Didn't receive item after paying.

DarrenSweeney
post 2.Aug.2019, 01:05 AM
Post #1

Hello,

I recently won a bid on an item on Tradera. I went to the payment when I won and payed what I owned via Swish. The payment went through but after a couple of days I got no notification or confirmation about my item being shipped. I tired contacting the seller via the messaging in the Tradera app with no reply. I tried emailing him with his email address on his profile but i got an automated reply saying the email didn't deliver. I tired calling him with the number he had associated with the swish account. It went to voicemail. I got my Girlfriend to call him. He didn't answer her. She then got a call back on a private number. She ask about me not getting confirmation on my item. He said he doesn't have Tradera but onky blocket but asked did he send the payment (odd?!). I was able to find him on hitta.se

The total amount I paid was 6700 SEK, I'm very upset with what happened. This is a lot of money to me. I'm at a loss as to what to do. I don't know why people are okay doing this. I'm going to go to my bank (SEB) and ask for advice. Also going to contact costumer support on Tradera. But I don't know will anything come of this? Can I report to the police for fraud? I guess my money is as good as gone. Does anyone have advice?
Go to the top of the page
+
Essingeviken
post 2.Aug.2019, 09:21 AM
Post #2

Did the auction say that the item would be delivered in a way that would allow you to track the progress of the package? If so, that may strengthen your argument with Tradera. You should definitely report the matter to the police and pursue it with Tradera. I doubt that your Bank will do anything except advise you to report it to the police. Paying by Swish is like paying with cash.
+
ChocOwl
post 2.Aug.2019, 01:49 PM
Post #3

https://www.hallakonsument.se/other-languag...lish-engelska1/
might be useful
+
bonviveur
post 4.Aug.2019, 06:43 AM
Post #4

when you pay using swish you can not get it back, thats why scammers accept only swish and get away with it, good luck
+
Gjeebes
post 4.Aug.2019, 05:01 PM
Post #5

The robots at Tradera are useless. When I left the Greasy Meatball, I tried to close my account. The retard they put on my "case" as they called, could barely function, and I suppose she eventually died choking on her own slobber.

In the end, they still never closed my account, they have just hidden it, in case I ever want to open it again. No amount of telling them I have zero interest in returning to Tradera, that I no longer live in Meatballia, and that I will never set foot in the country again, could convince them otherwise.

Why am I telling you all this? Well, you are screwed, seriously screwed, if you need a local Meatball to sort something out for you. It's not that they maybe don't want to help, it's more that they are incapable generally, in solving even the smallest of problems.

If there isn't a drop-down menu with exactly that specific thingy on it, you are well and truly fooked.

Sorry to say it, but you are screwed. Don't waste your time. Move on.

On the flip side, try to find a news outlet that would pick up the story. I have found that shaming a Swede into understanding that the problem is actually solvable, but that they are too retarded to be able to do their jobs properly (nor do their incompetent bosses care) does actually get things rolling.

The worst nightmare for a Meatball, is that they think someone doesn't think they are the bee's knees...
+
cootje1976
post 5.Aug.2019, 07:16 PM
Post #6

When I'm second hand sites in sweden, only pay with Swish upon picking up the item.
In this case Swish is kinda your lifesaver since it should have the name of the person (s) that allegedly sold you nothing basically since they took your money but did not deliver.

2 steps: report it to Tradera, so they can suspend the account of the user.

This is the most important: report it to the police as a scam, and when it is done keep hounding them untill they report that they have the person in their scope. Every friggin' week call them at least once. Just so they do not bump it over the fence.
+

Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: