The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »    Reply to this topic

European Internet shopping sites

List your favorite stores that ship to Sweden.

Puffin
post 6.Mar.2012, 06:28 PM
Post #46

QUOTE (Bender B Rodriquez @ 27.Jan.2012, 11:52 AM) *
I often find amazon.com cheaper than amazon.co.uk, even after freight and taxes.

Depends what you buy

My big gripe with Amazon.com is how slow they ship - sometimes takes 8 weeks for stuff to arrive compare to 4-7 days!

However another option is Amazon Canada - for some reason they are much faster than the US
Go to the top of the page
+
Nemesis
post 7.Mar.2012, 01:32 AM
Post #47

Puffin, you are in Sweden. Amazon.com is in the USA so will take a long time to arrive and you could be eligable for import duty.

Use www.amazon.de or www.amazon.co.uk which are both in Europe.

That way you will get everything in about 4 to 8 days depending on what it is.
+
entry
post 7.Mar.2012, 03:00 AM
Post #48

Amazon.de hmmmmm

Very interesting and possibly cheaper than amazon.co.uk

I cannot remember the German that I knew as a child(which is why I never use the German amazon site) but the wife is fluent in Danish. Very very good!

Good advice there Nemesis.
+
SimonDMontfort
post 7.Mar.2012, 11:39 AM
Post #49

QUOTE (byke @ 23.Apr.2010, 07:54 AM) *
Ok, I am unhappy with much of the commercial products sold in Sweden.So I thought I would start a list of stores that ship to Sweden that may hold some value.Please feel free ... (show full quote)

You're right about Amazon's 25% VAT on most things shipped to Sweden - but on books its only 6% (have just received some)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/d...6484&sr=1-5
+
Nemesis
post 7.Mar.2012, 01:08 PM
Post #50

QUOTE (entry @ 7.Mar.2012, 04:00 AM) *
Amazon.de hmmmmmVery interesting and possibly cheaper than amazon.co.ukI cannot remember the German that I knew as a child(which is why I never use the German amazon site) but ... (show full quote)

I shop on both amazon.de and amazon.co.uk

Both are good for different things.
+
Streja
post 7.Mar.2012, 01:20 PM
Post #51

Nem! smile.gif

We need more women in here. The men are super crazy.

I like shopping online but find that some sites I cannot trust. I mean some of those Amazon buys go through others sites.
+
entry
post 7.Mar.2012, 01:20 PM
Post #52

[quote name='byke' date='23.Apr.2010, 08:54 AM' post='526295' "Ok, I am unhappy with much of the commercial products sold in Sweden."]

We are going on almost two years without a microwave and even longer without an electric coffee maker.

Since 2004 I think we have been through four(maybe five) microwave ovens and half a dozen electric coffee makers.

I suspect there is an electricity issue in our building. Regardless I am done with them.

We have a nice stainless steel french press type coffee maker which should last near forever.

The lack of convenience of a microwave seems to serve my waistline just fine.

Seems that the warranty on some consumer appliances here in Sweden is not so much a warranty but an expiration date!!!
+
Puffin
post 7.Mar.2012, 01:34 PM
Post #53

QUOTE (Nemesis @ 7.Mar.2012, 01:32 AM) *
Puffin, you are in Sweden. Amazon.com is in the USA so will take a long time to arrive and you could be eligable for import duty.Use www.amazon.de or www.amazon.co.uk which ar ... (show full quote)

Well duh!!!!!! rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

Perhaps if you actually read the previous posts in a thread BEFORE commenting...

In any case amazon.ca is much quicker - on average i have my stuff in 36-48 hours... at a price - much quicker than amazon UKs courrier service that takes around 5-7 days - sometimes slower than the regular service
+
Nemesis
post 7.Mar.2012, 06:37 PM
Post #54

I did read it. No need for the sarcasm, when I was just trying to be helpful.

You must be only ordering inexpensive items.

If I put in a book order or electronics order it is usually over SEK1000 and up and I get charged for importing.

Also a couple of days difference should not mean much.
+
roch
post 7.Mar.2012, 06:46 PM
Post #55

I had around 5 kgs of stuff arrive from Holland and Barrett this week. They have fixed price shipping, a flat charge of £6.95. So it is even sweeter when what I bought saved a gazillion kronor, but to even have cheap shipping for that weight was GREAT!

Bargain! I love sites with fixed price shipping!
http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/
+
Nemesis
post 7.Mar.2012, 06:48 PM
Post #56

QUOTE (Streja @ 7.Mar.2012, 02:20 PM) *
Nem! smile.gif. We need more women in here. The men are super crazy.. I like shopping online but find that some sites I cannot trust. I mean some of those Amazon buys go through others sites.

The men usually drive the women away as they are usually to insecure to have a conversation with a woman on an equal basis.

The shops attached to Amazon, have all been checked out by Amazon and quite a few of them are now owned by Amazon.

In Sweden I occassionally pick up some clothes from H&M which are OK for everyday wear in Sweden. http://www.hm.com/se/ They do home delivery. It is cheap clothing, but it is OK.
+
Nemesis
post 7.Mar.2012, 06:52 PM
Post #57

QUOTE (entry @ 7.Mar.2012, 02:20 PM) *
We are going on almost two years without a microwave and even longer without an electric coffee maker.Since 2004 I think we have been through four(maybe five) microwave ovens ... (show full quote)

My microwave will probably be in the bin in the next couple of weeks. Swedish microwaves are crap and overpriced.

French Press's are nice. I like them. I picked up an expresso-capaccino maker from Germany on ebay a while back which does brilliant coffee. I shop outside Sweden as Sweden is seriously overpriced.
+
Céitinn
post 8.Mar.2012, 08:16 AM
Post #58

QUOTE (SimonDMontfort @ 7.Mar.2012, 11:39 AM) *
You're right about Amazon's 25% VAT on most things shipped to Sweden - but on books its only 6% (have just received some)

Well, it is EU law to add the higher tax of the two trading countries which is why they add 6% on books when it is actually 0% in the UK! The 6% is Swedish tax!
+
fogelfeifer
post 8.Mar.2012, 09:06 AM
Post #59

Have just bought new bath from...www.bathstore.com...BIG sale reduction admittedly but including their arrangement of shipping/insurance, approx 2000 SEK cheaper than the best price here for freestanding model.
+
Gordy
post 8.Mar.2012, 01:06 PM
Post #60

This crowd seem to be reasonable (as Swedish prices go) for decent quality product, how do they compare with what you got from bathstore?
+

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: