The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

What is official ID in Sweden? and How to get it ?

Abid Hussain
post 25.Sep.2005, 11:48 AM
Post #1

Hi everyone its me again trying to collect very basic information for settelement in Malmö. Could u guys please tell me what is the official or most popular form of ID in sweden and how to obtain that one. Moreover where do we register for doctors and is there any charge or visiting fee over here. I will be waiting for comments thankx.
Go to the top of the page
+
*Andersson*
post 25.Sep.2005, 03:05 PM
Post #2

A swedish drivers license is a common form of ID but to be able to obtain your license you need to have a swedish ID card which you can apply for through a bank (it may take a few weeks). You will need to present your passport as ID to get your Swedish ID (which is why I was particulary frustrated that I couldn't sit my theoretical driving test with my Aussie passport).

With regard to doctors, contact your local "Vårdcentralen" and they will let you know which doctor you have been assigned. I'm not sure about other Kommuns but where I live, you can't "choose" your doctor, you are assigned one depending on which street you live on...not that I have ever got to see my so called "regular doctor" on the occasions when I have needed to make an appointment..most times I can't get past the nurses on the telphone anyway..
+
Abid Hussain
post 27.Sep.2005, 08:58 PM
Post #3

Andersen,
Thanks mate, Its great to have this information and I will try to dodge the nurses to get to the doctor bcz i m a bit of soccer player. By the way i also have moved from Australia Melbourne bcz I do have family here. What made you sweden to prefer on Aus mate.
+
*Meglos*
post 11.Oct.2005, 02:56 PM
Post #4

Abid, in order to get the drivers license you will need an ID from the bank anyway, as mentioned above. My non-Swedish friends and I all needed the bank ID in order to do the skid-pan test, which you need to pass to get your license. They wouldn't accept my passport as a valid ID for that test, even though you use the passport to get the bank ID, go figure.
:?
+
John Smith :)
post 6.Nov.2005, 03:11 AM
Post #5

Hi guys!

Can you please tell me is this Swedish ID real or not:

[picture removed]

Personally, I'm not sure it is real because, for example, in my country you cannot turn your face aside on the photo on your ID, you must look straight at the camera.

Can you enlighten me please?

Thanks in advance.
+
Vive La Suède
post 6.Nov.2005, 03:26 AM
Post #6

Yes this is how the Swedish ID issued by Nordea Bank looks like. It is required that the face is presented in the way that it appears on the card you have attached. I suppose it helps to profile a person better. Not sure though! This is quite unique I guess.
+
post 6.Nov.2005, 03:36 AM
Post #7

Hi Jefferson and thanks for your prompt reply.

Can you please give me more details on this? Why it seems "quite unique" for you? You mean it looks "real" or you mean it looks "quite unique" because usually these IDs are not looking like that?

Are you Sweden yourself BTW?

Looking forward for your reply and thanks in advance.
+
FR
post 6.Nov.2005, 04:13 AM
Post #8

The angle of the face in the photo is very similar to what the Immigration and Naturalization Service (or whatever they're calling it this week) asks for when it comes to green cards. One is supposed to have the right ear exposed and the face at an angle. Dunno y.
+
post 6.Nov.2005, 04:45 AM
Post #9

Thanks for your reply Free Rider.

But Immigration and Naturalization Service of which country? Sweden or U.S.?
+
FR
post 6.Nov.2005, 04:48 AM
Post #10

Sorry. Green card = US permanent resident visa. US requirements. I've seen it in other places too.
+
post 6.Nov.2005, 04:53 AM
Post #11

That's exactly what I think smile.gif

But anyway, I need somebody to confirm me is this ID for real or not smile.gif I'm not asking to check is this person exists or not, I'm just asking to tell me if the ID is correct and if probably someone has similar ID.
+
Mnemonic
post 6.Nov.2005, 09:40 AM
Post #12

In general this look real. But there is security details in the cards that doesn't show on here so its not possible to say if its a fake made. But if you ask if its correct with the picture then yes.
The reason you face a little to the side to show the ear is because that is another identity detail. Ears are like finger prints because all people have different shaped ears. so its easier to verify if you match a ear with a face.
+
Eyallow
post 6.Nov.2005, 10:14 AM
Post #13

Who is John Smith? A cop and impostor or?
+
post 6.Nov.2005, 10:33 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (Mnemonic)
In general this look real. But there is security details in the cards that doesn't show on here so its not possible to say if its a fake made. But if you ask if its correct with the picture then yes.
The reason you face a little to the side to show the ear is because that is another identity detail. Ears are like finger prints because all people have different shaped ears. so its easier to verify if you match a ear with a face.

Thanks for the detailed explanation, Mnemonic! It really helps! biggrin.gif
+
post 6.Nov.2005, 10:34 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (Ernest Chi)
Who is John Smith? A cop and impostor or?

No, he is just a guy who don't like when someone is trying to fool him with false ID or something like that :wink:
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: