The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Life in the town of Borlänge

Info and advice for newcomers

Azfar
post 29.Jun.2009, 05:23 AM
Post #1

Hello all,

I'd be moving to Borlänge for my graduate studies. I don't know much about the city/town. So, I'll start with the weather first.

How's the weather throughout the year in Borlänge? Is it always cold? Does one always need to wear a jacket?
Go to the top of the page
+
karlajose
post 5.Jul.2009, 06:25 PM
Post #2

hej...i lived near borlänge...the weather here right now is good...its summer time but have occassionaly rains...
välkommen!!!
+
ntimayisi
post 5.Jul.2009, 11:28 PM
Post #3

I was in börlange to do my graduate studies at dalarna univ.It's the most boring place i have ever lived in my life.Börlange is a dry yard...very dry.
+
MachineGunGirl
post 11.Apr.2010, 02:57 PM
Post #4

I second that!!!

hahaha oh Borlänge oh Borlänge...
+
Monark540
post 11.Apr.2010, 04:55 PM
Post #5

Hmm, let's see if Google is working today - average temps - try this:
Weather data

And as to what's going on there - here's another site:
Borlange.se

Seems like a nice place to visit - I'll put it on my list.
+
Localer
post 11.Apr.2010, 05:00 PM
Post #6

if you're from Pakistan or China, you would never get bored.
+
Puffin
post 12.Apr.2010, 10:39 AM
Post #7

I studied at Dalarna a few years ago (½ a term at Campus Borlänge and one term at campus Falun) - but ultimately I went on to do a degree at Uppsala. I'm not too sure what the student life is like now as it has been quite a few years since I studied in Borlänge. The university has a rather strange feel because of it being based on 2 campuses in two towns around 15 miles apart - so you tend to only meet technical and Business students in Borlänge and humanities, teaching and nursing students in Falun

. Borlänge is actually a pretty quiet place, it is an old industrial town dominated by the steel industry – unemployment is high and jobs are scarce. If you are into the outdoors there are a lot of opportunities with cross country skiing trails in the forest behind the hospital and an alpine resort nearby at Romme Alpin. The same in Falun - the main part of the Falun campus is next to cross-country skiing trails and a ski-jumping hill

However there seem to be a lot of international students at Dalarna although Dalarna is not a top rated University it has worked to attract many international students so you should find many people of your course in a similar situation - the other really good thing about Dalarna in comparison to some other Universties is that they have an accomodation guarantee - so they guarantee that you will get accomodation either in a traditional dorm or sometimes in a studio apartment and usually near to the college so many students walk or cycle to college and don't have to spend money commuting by bus
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: