The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Applying for residence permit from within Sweden?

Spousal permits when expecting a child

JoshP
post 25.Aug.2019, 06:36 PM
Post #1

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has experience with applying for a residence permit from within Sweden? I am from outside the EU, currently living with my Swedish spouse on a year long family visitor permit. Usually you have to leave the country to apply for a residence permit, but there is an exception for when you are expecting a child. We applied on this grounds several months ago. Now my visitor permit is about to expire and we haven't heard anything from MV. I am wondering if I should withdraw that application and go for another visitor permit instead. I am nervous about being here with no valid permit, but I guess it is allowed when you are waiting for a decision? Has anyone done this? Has anyone tried to travel while waiting for a decision within the country? Or does anyone recommend a lawyer who deals with this kind of question? Thanks for any advice.
Go to the top of the page
+
Svedallas
post 26.Aug.2019, 12:28 PM
Post #2

QUOTE (JoshP @ 25.Aug.2019, 07:36 PM) *
Hi,I was wondering if anyone has experience with applying for a residence permit from within Sweden? I am from outside the EU, currently living with my Swedish spouse on a yea ... (show full quote)

This should be under the visa section.

Also, this is not migration services. Contact them instead.
+
Case officer
post 26.Aug.2019, 10:38 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (JoshP @ 25.Aug.2019, 07:36 PM) *
I am from outside the EU, currently living with my Swedish spouse on a year long family visitor permit. Usually you have to leave the country to apply for a residence permit, ... (show full quote)

There is no such exception for applicants who have impregnated a Swedish resident. Exceptions can be made for an applicant who may have a problem being issued a passport in the home country, expect to be drafted for military service in the home country or if the applicant can reasonably expect that the authorities in the home country will create problems travelling out of the country.
+
Saywhatwhat
post 27.Aug.2019, 06:02 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (Case officer @ 26.Aug.2019, 11:38 PM) *
There is no such exception for applicants who have impregnated a Swedish resident. Exceptions can be made for an applicant who may have a problem being issued a passport in th ... (show full quote)

Case officer wrong again. And they didn’t just “impregnate a Swede”, they impregnated their spouse, learn to read.

Op, you can stay within Sweden while waiting a decision ( which can be 2 plus years) without updating a short term family visa or whatever it was. You need to get a receipt from MV, in English, that states that you have applied and are waiting for permit. That can be used while traveling with a valid passport (obviously). If you are white, you will have no problem, just a little scrutiny, if any. If you aren’t white, you could face much more scrutiny.

I would maybe even print out where it says you are able to stay in country while waiting and present all documents to border control people if you decide to travel.

“Case officer” likes to act like they have the real answer and that they really are a case officer for MV, but they aren’t. They are just another person here. Don’t take what they say as an absolute.
+
Saywhatwhat
post 27.Aug.2019, 06:08 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (Svedallas @ 26.Aug.2019, 01:28 PM) *
This should be under the visa section.. Also, this is not migration services. Contact them instead.

QUOTE (Svedallas @ 26.Aug.2019, 01:28 PM) *
This should be under the visa section.. Also, this is not migration services. Contact them instead.

Are you an anti forum forum poster? Sociopath? All you do is make posts redirecting people to either google, or MV... why post at all when there is nothing useful nor interactive with your responses.

All you do is dismiss people who are asking other people, who may have been in similar situations, for advice. Seriously, leave for good if all you can post is dismissive bulllshit.

If you have children, I hope not, ( maybe you were sterilized by the Swedish govt) do you tell them to “google it” if they come to you with a question that you might have some
advice to give based on lived experience?

Call MV, ha! They are useless, give multiple conflicting answers to the same questions, and you usually have to wait about an hour to talk to someone.
+
Svedallas
post 27.Aug.2019, 09:45 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (Saywhatwhat @ 27.Aug.2019, 07:08 AM) *
Are you an anti forum forum poster? Sociopath? All you do is make posts redirecting people to either google, or MV... why post at all when there is nothing useful nor interact ... (show full quote)

Is that the best attack you can do? HA!

Like many of us long term posters, simply tired of the sheer laziness.
Feel free to waste your time replying. in fact, be our guest!
+
Saywhatwhat
post 27.Aug.2019, 08:17 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (Svedallas @ 27.Aug.2019, 10:45 AM) *
Is that the best attack you can do? HA!. Like many of us long term posters, simply tired of the sheer laziness.. Feel free to waste your time replying. in fact, be our guest!

Do you know a definition of insanity? It’s doing the same thing over and over expecting different results...

You are a long time poster who complains about people asking questions about various aspects of life in Sweden yet you keep coming to a forum where people ask questions about various aspects about life in Sweden.

You tell people to google, yet when one googles various aspects of life in Sweden, in English... the local, more often than not, is what pops up.

It’s lazy of you to “participate” in a forum by just posting “google it”.

Attack? My my, aren’t we sensitive. You bsmith and Gamla should get together, maybe fish uncle Fred out of the bottle too, and form a snowball.

+
JoshP
post 28.Aug.2019, 10:59 AM
Post #8

Hi,

Thank you so much Saywhatwhat. I really appreciate you taking the time to respond. And yes, I had tried asking MV but it is very hard to get a clear answer.

+

Reply to this topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: